PDA

View Full Version : TBN: Talking Stroud

Mitchy moo
09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcus Stroud tried his best to recite the obvious cliche Wednesday, but he could not do it with a straight face.
“Just another game, just another game,” a smiling Stroud said as he stepped to the microphone for a news conference after practice. “It’s Week Two.”
Nice try, big guy, but even your teammates aren’t buying it. The Bills’ meeting Sunday with Stroud’s former team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, might as well be called the Marcus Stroud Bowl.
“Absolutely,” said Bills defensive tackle Chris Kelsay. “You know that he’s got to take things a little personal. I’m sure he’s going to go in there with a chip on his shoulder. I hope he does anyway because that would be great for us.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/436397.html

Edited for Copyright Restrictions:
BMN

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
nice. i hope stroud isn't our new bledsoe. awesome for a handful of games and then we rue the day we traded for him. Please oh please.

justasportsfan
09-11-2008, 09:16 AM
the jags are going to keep close tabs on Stroud this weekend and will most likely double team him. I hope the rest of the DL and our lb'ers swarm to Garrard when the jags attempt to double Stroud.

Garrard is mobile and can throw on the run. POZ and co. better be ready.

Tatonka
09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
nice. i hope stroud isn't our new bledsoe. awesome for a handful of games and then we rue the day we traded for him. Please oh please.

why would you even say that?? what makes you think that would be the case? stroud was always dominant when healthy.. always.. not just media perception. bledsoe was always a piece of **** except when he was making a career against ****ty teams.

there is no comparison there at all

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
i'm saying from a jaded bills standpoint. i think bledsoe was good early on. then his stubbornness got the best of him when he consistently needed to hold the ball for the long play than to take what was being given.

All i'm saying is that stroud had a monsterous 1st game and we all think we have the greatest DL ever. i remember bledsoe's first game. he played incredible. He even had that block on the reverse taht got the stadium going crazy. Then he just crapped the bed.

I can't live through that disappointment again.

Tatonka
09-11-2008, 09:42 AM
well strouds career has shown that he consistently plays as well as he did last week. i think that as long as he stays healthy, then we got ourselves a stud DT.

bledsoe turned out to be what he always was.. a scrub qb dressed up in a 1st overall picks body.. he was never a good qb consistently.. he always held teh ball too long.. he always got owned by good teams.. and that is what we got.

i hope we get what stroud always was too.. but in this case.. what he always was was a pro bowl dt that consistently made players around him better and collapsed pockets just like we saw.