• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

TBN: Evans deserves new contract

As we know, Dick Jauron isn’t one for hyperbole. But the Bills coach says he noticed something different in Lee Evans the moment Evans stepped onto the field for training camp this season.
    “He looked like he was on a mission,” Jauron said Wednesday.
    We’re not talking about some slacker. No one has ever questioned Evans’ work ethic. He’s as sure as a handshake, as dependable as mail. So if Evans arrived for his fifth NFL season with a newfound resolve, you know he meant business.

Edited for Copyright Restrictions:
    BMN
    Last edited by BlackMetalNinja; 09-11-2008, 09:13 AM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: TBN: Evans deserves new contract

I'm hoping to hear he just signed a new 5-6 year deal very soon.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Take that 20-30 million you have, from being under the cap, out from inside your pillow and pay the man.

I ain't buying no more Bills logos without a Lee Evans extention. Seriously. I ain't even buying a hot dog (during the one game I'm going to).
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• syracuse76
        Knowing is half the battle......
        • Aug 2008

evans will be signed they would be stupid not to i wanna say that it will be sealed and delivered by end of this month.
        2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
        POZ will lead us to the promise land
        "That which does not kill me,
        will only make me stronger"
        Nietzsche

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

I respect the Bills for making their players play out most of their contract before signing them to an extension. You want an extension? Fine.. we (the organization) feels you deserve one too... but you need to show up to mini-camps, summer camp, preseason, and start the season off on a good foot. All that happens and by mid October you'll be signing on the dotted line for a new contact extension!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

what's the hold up?
            Attached Files
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

it's only $16 in guarantee and another 7 for upfront. that's not so bad. However, the bills (and sabres) seem to like to flirt with the idea that the player won't produce over the course of the year and that they're price will go down.

I bet Ralph sits there on jetblue waiting for his thanksgiving flight to get cheaper. just get it now, the priec always goes up. Plus if the player stinks it up and becomes cheaper, you want to spend a lot of money on a crap asset or a lot of money +1 for a good asset.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by syracuse76
                evans will be signed they would be stupid not to i wanna say that it will be sealed and delivered by end of this month.
                Well, how many times have you wanted to say that?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Evans is a very good receiver but not an elite one.

I want him signed because very good is still better than the unknown if we let him go.

However, I wish he was a more consitant threat like a TO.

Comment

• syracuse76
                    Knowing is half the battle......
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by yordad
                    Well, how many times have you wanted to say that?
                    alot....i was starting to shake, i finally had to get it off my chest.
                    2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
                    POZ will lead us to the promise land
                    "That which does not kill me,
                    will only make me stronger"
                    Nietzsche

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I know I'm in the minority here but I think Evans is a very good receiver but not an elite one.

I want him signed because very good is still better than the unknown if we let him go.

exactly. you'll get killed around here for saying he isn't awesome. but he isn't a guy who got open in double teams. so either we need another WR just like him (i.e. what hardy is supposed to be) or we need a legit #1 who just gets open all the time.

Granted maybe some of this is based on the plain vanillaness of the fairchild system.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

TO is way overrated. Great talent, but a headcase and he leads the NFL in drops practically every year.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

TO has been in this league longer. Evans has had qb , OL and coaching problems in the past. He can be an elite qb under the right situation. TO has had his share of inconsistencies when he was with the eagles . Even the best of the best have problems when there are problems surrounding them.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i know some people feel that evans is not an elite wr.. and at times, i have felt that way too.. but in looking at some of the catches he has made.. in double coverage, even last week, i really do think that if the guy has a consistent qb and team around him, he will produce sick numbers. i think that he is a 1400 yard guy.. this year.. and as hardy comes along, and with reed and rosco locked up already for 3 more years.. i really like our wr corps if we can lock down evans.. we need to do it soon though.. he will get an assload of money on the open market if he breaks 1100 or so yards.. and he will.. look at what berrian got.. and he is not half the receiver evans is, imho.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Your right. Your in the minority.

Comment

Working...
                              X