• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Buffalo better be careful in Jax...

With the crappy O-line the Jags are going to run out there, you can expect a lot of 3-step drops, screens, and draws; all off tackle.

Garard is going to be a running fool all day outside of the pocket so it's going to be extremely important to have a "spy" in just about every obvious passing down.

We also need to have the LBs pay special attention to the little outlet pass to the backs once they chip the attacker and hit the flats.

We are probably going to blitz the crap out of Jax so we are going to have to be careful. Hopefully our front 4 can generate enough of a rush that we won't have to blitz everytime they drop back for a pass. I think the addition of Stroud will seriosuly compliment our rushing defense unlike in years past where we had to have 7 in the box only to keep the offense at a 4-5 yd average.
  • seanbillsfan
    • May 2007

Re: Buffalo better be careful in Jax...

Originally posted by jamze132
    With the crappy O-line the Jags are going to run out there, you can expect a lot of 3-step drops, screens, and draws; all off tackle.

Garard is going to be a running fool all day outside of the pocket so it's going to be extremely important to have a "spy" in just about every obvious passing down.

We also need to have the LBs pay special attention to the little outlet pass to the backs once they chip the attacker and hit the flats.

We are probably going to blitz the crap out of Jax so we are going to have to be careful. Hopefully our front 4 can generate enough of a rush that we won't have to blitz everytime they drop back for a pass. I think the addition of Stroud will seriosuly compliment our rushing defense unlike in years past where we had to have 7 in the box only to keep the offense at a 4-5 yd average.
    did you watch last weeks game?

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

I agree they need to be careful. The Bills are in no position to take anyone lightly due to injuries and having one strong game. The Jaguars are a good football team.
      With both teams having a strong defense it will be tough moving the ball. I think turnovers will be a key to this game.

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

Agreed... to go along with this... I dont give much credit to the seahawks game. While I like everything we did... I liken it to a D1 school doing it to a D2 school at the college level. The hawks just aren't a good team right now.

That said, I dont think the Jags are a very good team right now either.

We need to beat the bad teams before we can hope to beat the good teams... of course... the last few years... teams were saying that about us... so hopefully this is the start of something great!

Comment

• syracuse76
          Knowing is half the battle......
          • Aug 2008

yes the seagulls were missing some key components, yes the jags are shorthanded on there "o"line. baby steps, you have to crawl before you can walk. even if the hawks were fully manned i really dont think the players they were missing would of made up for 3 or 4 more scores. i think we should be saying dont unestimate the bills. everyone was saying the hawks were going to be tough and we walked over them. then they said well.....they were banged up and missing some recievers. bottom line is no one wants to BILLIEVE that the bills are real this year. i dont blame them but i do BILLIEVE. this team is for real. as soon as edwards gets his head out of his ass then it will be complete. i saw so many down field plays this guy could of had. our "d" is solid. stroud is the real deal, he takes up 2 people so that right there is the "x" factor for the outlet or the screen or that running scared jarrad.
          2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
          POZ will lead us to the promise land
          "That which does not kill me,
          will only make me stronger"
          Nietzsche

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

one thing that gives me faith that the bills aren't overlooking this is that a large majority of players were on last years team. they knew even though they were out-talented, they could compete. and they knew they could scheme and motivate themselves into a competitive team. They know they shouldn't have won 7 games last year.

Now being on the other side, i think they are grateful for having more talent and depth and getting through week1 with no injuries,. consequently hopefully they won't look at a team who is basically in their position last year as a walk over.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
              did you watch last weeks game?
              Uh, yeah. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the one ahead of us.

Comment

• DrGraves
                • Mar 2008

Jax is way overrated.

Comment

• Billsfan3
                  • Nov 2007

chris berman had the seahwaks going to the superbowl this year.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

That was 4 starting WR's and 3 starting OLmen ago...

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

I though Jags are the favored team and at home opener.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                        I though Jags are the favored team and at home opener.
                        Buffalo will be the underdog until after our bye week.

Comment

Working...
                        X