• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Did fairchild hate buffalo

To a man, every offensive player slyly or not so slyly rips on the play calling of fairchild. And they say the same thing, "not much variation."

Is steve fairchild anti buffalo by running such a simple plan, or is the man just a simple minded guy? How in the current NFL could you think that no audibles would be a real good? How would having only 3 set formations seem like a good idea?

I think the guy hated us. No way you get an OC job by being completely inept. But i guess there are people in higher positions around the country who are idiots. Look at half these companies falling apart.
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: Did fairchild hate buffalo

I still believe that one of our previous "crap OCs" hated us. Kevin Gilbride, in a job prior to sucking for us, was the offensive coordinator of the Oilers for the comeback game....
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

what is even more mind boggling is that he got a head coaching job at colorado state based on what?? showing that he can not run an offense at all??
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Fairchild was no different from Mularkey. They thought they could outsmart everyone .

Who the hell does not run or call what they practiced all week and expect inexperienced players to execute? Dumba$$!!!
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

tatonka, that's the stunning thing.
          1. some one took him
          2. if they didn't, i don't know if we would have made a change.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i think we would have made the change.. there was just too much *****ing about him by players, fans, and media to not can him.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Well we sure hated him..... he was terrible and I am glad most have come to this conclusion.

Originally posted by trapezeus
              To a man, every offensive player slyly or not so slyly rips on the play calling of fairchild. And they say the same thing, "not much variation."

Is steve fairchild anti buffalo by running such a simple plan, or is the man just a simple minded guy? How in the current NFL could you think that no audibles would be a real good? How would having only 3 set formations seem like a good idea?

I think the guy hated us. No way you get an OC job by being completely inept. But i guess there are people in higher positions around the country who are idiots. Look at half these companies falling apart.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Fairchild was no different from Mularkey. They thought they could outsmart everyone .

Who the hell does not run or call what they practiced all week and expect inexperienced players to execute? Dumba$$!!!
                Mularkey thought he could outsmart everyone but actually outsmarted himself. On some of his play calls, I could almost hear him thinking "This is SO dumb, there's NO WAY they could expect it!"

Fairchild COUNTED on his opponents outsmarting themselves. I think he kept it basic hoping they'd expect something complicated.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

You can't send a team out to the line of scrimmage without at least a couple of options to audible to in the NFL today. Defenses mix things up so much that you have to give the QB the chance to audible out of a play that's doomed to fail.

Fairchild simply didn't trust either Losman or Edwards to make the call at the line, and if the OC doesn't trust the QB the rest of the offense has no chance.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by acehole
                    Well we sure hated him..... he was terrible and I am glad most have come to this conclusion.
                    everyone knew that he was bad last year, but not to this extent.

I thought he was unimaginative with game day plans, but i didn't know until this offseason that he didn't have audibles in place (making the trent edwards hand signals very odd since he wasn't calling any changes at the lines) and that they'd practice a bunch of things that they'd never execute.

I don't think any of the other 31 teams put themselves in that situation.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      i think we would have made the change.. there was just too much *****ing about him by players, fans, and media to not can him.
                      I'd hope Jauron learned from his mistake in Chicago. Unfortunately, he was loyal to his OC to a fault and that was a big reason he was let go.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I think it also had to do with the fact that we had a simple-minded QB (Losman) for most of his tenure, then had a rookie Qb in Edwards whom he didnt trust. This being said, he should have done much more with JP and hes an idiot. Im glad hes gone.

Comment

• Ronald Hinckleberry
                          • Jul 2008

Fairchild? I'd like to take that gomers head and run it through a plate glass window.

Sad part about this is if he hadn't left for that colorado job he's probably still be here coaching as one of Jaurons top goons.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by madness
                            I'd hope Jauron learned from his mistake in Chicago. Unfortunately, he was loyal to his OC to a fault and that was a big reason he was let go.
                            isn't that pretty much exactly what happened here with ManBoobs and Kevin Gilbride (aka Buddy Ryan's punching bag)?
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              isn't that pretty much exactly what happened here with ManBoobs and Kevin Gilbride (aka Buddy Ryan's punching bag)?
                              That was definitely part of it but the big problem was that Manboobs couldn't relate to his team and lost his players respect pretty quickly. Word was that absolutely nobody wanted to play for the guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X