PDA

View Full Version : Blackout?

Billsfan3
09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
This game is blocked out in the Jackonsville area right? im just curious

Agent007
09-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I believe it is...

When the fans heard the patchwork line was coming to town they wanted refunds.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
They are a joke of a franchise/fanbase. If the Bills move before the Jags I will destroy the NFL.

RockStar36
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I figured it would be sold out since they cover up a large portion of their seats.

What a joke.

Aero II
09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
It will be shown. I just saw this on the Jags site.

While there are tickets remaining for the Jaguars’ home opener this Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, including tickets returned from the Bills, enough tickets have been sold in order for the league to lift the blackout for Sunday’s game. The game will be televised regionally on WTEV CBS47

BlackMetalNinja
09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
I think they only had about 1000 or so left yesterday when I checked. I don't care, I'll be there so it's all good :up:

Bill Brasky
09-11-2008, 01:00 PM
It will be shown. I just saw this on the Jags site.

While there are tickets remaining for the Jaguars’ home opener this Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, including tickets returned from the Bills, enough tickets have been sold in order for the league to lift the blackout for Sunday’s game. The game will be televised regionally on WTEV CBS47

WTF does that mean, "enough tickets"?

Buffalo packs 70k+ but gets blacked out for a non-sellout.

Jax doesn't sell all of their tickets but it's all good, after they've already tarped 10k seats to avoid blackouts in the first place?

Apparently the rules don't apply if your fans suck dick.

Has anyone ever met a Jaguar fan? I don't know that they even exist. They're as elusive as Philly fans when the teams aren't winning.

TEtoLeeTD
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
WTF does that mean, "enough tickets"?

Buffalo packs 70k+ but gets blacked out for a non-sellout.

Jax doesn't sell all of their tickets but it's all good, after they've already tarped 10k seats to avoid blackouts in the first place?

Apparently the rules don't apply if your fans suck dick.

Has anyone ever met a Jaguar fan? I don't know that they even exist. They're as elusive as Philly fans when the teams aren't winning.

actually the rules are the same. those covered seats are not there in theory, just need to sell enough tix even with those covered seats to avoid a blackout.

Bill Brasky
09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
actually the rules are the same. those covered seats are not there in theory, just need to sell enough tix even with those covered seats to avoid a blackout.

the bills were blacked out for having nearly 1,000 tickets still available.

the jags have the same amount of tickets yet aren't blacked out.

how is it the same? is their stadium a magical place where they only have to sell 95% of the seats to qualify for broadcast?

Nighthawk
09-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Honestly, Jacksonville has showed that it doesn't deserve a franchise. They cover up seats to get sellouts and then can't sellout even with that advantage. I don't understand it, especially since they are a pretty good team.

HughC
09-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Jacksonville has a bad combination of (a) small metropolitan market - it's not like the have other big suburban towns to draw fans from, (b) a transient area - most people from Florida are from somewhere else (and still follow that other team rather than the local team); the Dolphins, Bucs and MLB teams have the same problem. Jacksonville has it even worse than other Florida cities as so many in the area are working in jobs related to the Jacksonville navy base - they are there for a few years and then move on, (c) haven't been around long enough to build a big fan base, while competing with huge longtime college football fan bases (Florida, Florida State, Georgia) for attention and $$, and (d) Florida as a whole and Jacksonville specifically rank below the national average in per capita income; there are very few big companies located there, there are no unions, there are not many high paying jobs, and that all results in less money to spend on non-essential items like football tickets.

The NFL's decision to ever put a team in Jacksonville is very questionable. I think they saw an overall population shift from the northeast to the south, but they should have dug deeper in their research.