PDA

View Full Version : The Weather excuse is rediculous

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
It seems I see it listed as a leading reason why the Bills have a disadvantage.

Buffalo will " WILT" in the heat and that lame excuse is for fans only.

I live in Florida and I believe the humidity in Buffalo is far worse and it can be 90 down here in Florida and it seems like a great day for football.....seriously.

And NO, I didn't just get used to it down here....I noticed that the first week I lived down here when I moved from Buffalo.

July and August are the hottest months in Florida and it cools down in September.
People from all over the country wait till September to travel down here....and it has already started............the Snowbirds are coming.

I have my windows open as I type this.....and it is 91 degrees outside

Remember the following...

#1 How many players on the Bills played college football in a warm weather climate....they are used to it.....right Roscoe. Most players enjoy a trip to Florida for a game.

#2 Most teams rotate in players and the trainers make sure all players drink plenty of GATORADE....

#3 Ever see those huge fans over ice on the sidelines....both teams use them.

#4 This game is not in December and the weather in Buffalo is maybe 10 degrees cooler this time of the year. A Decemebr game would have me more worried.

#5 BOTH TEAMS are playing on the same day with the same weather.

I saw the excuses on the SEAHAWKS MESSAGE board...."the weather in Buffalo was terrible". Both teams played in the same conditions on the same day...that's lame!

I guess the SEAHAWK fans believe BUFFALO IS A BETTER RAIN TEAM (lol)

-THE SLAMMER

justasportsfan
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
we'll be fine as long as we rotate both Lynch and Jackson.

I think Hardy gets his first TD this game.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Especially early in the season. It is just starting to cool down up here.

DMBcrew36
09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
your blood thins out to better handle heat after you've been in it for a while. It is an advantage, whether big or small

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
but buffalo, seattle, everyone had training camp in hot weather. they're all pretty close. it becomes an issue when you are practicing in warm conditions and then go play somewhere 30 degrees cooler.

I'd even say playing in warm weather in october is more difficult for the bills. but in week2 coming out of TC in the summer, it shouldn't make a difference. if it was 100+ degrees, then maybe a slight advantage goes to the Jags.

But i still lthink having Loan Officer Reyes on the line is a much bigger deal.

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
but buffalo, seattle, everyone had training camp in hot weather. they're all pretty close. it becomes an issue when you are practicing in warm conditions and then go play somewhere 30 degrees cooler.

I'd even say playing in warm weather in october is more difficult for the bills. but in week2 coming out of TC in the summer, it shouldn't make a difference. if it was 100+ degrees, then maybe a slight advantage goes to the Jags.

But i still lthink having Loan Officer Reyes on the line is a much bigger deal.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2008, 12:11 PM
If it were December the heat factor could come into play but not in September.

TigerJ
09-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't intend to use it as an excuse, and I would not expect the Bills to. However, the Bills do need to take appropriate measures to prepare for the game because of the heat. Mainly that consists of getting well hydrated before the game and staying hydrated. That's just common sense.

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM

My feelings EXACTLY

RockStar36
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
The weather excuse is becoming less and less relevant as time goes on.

Just because they play football in a certain city, doesn't mean they aren't from a different climate. Same thing when teams play in Buffalo.

OpIv37
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Dolphins game in 03.
Tampa game in 05.

Both games early in the season. Both times, Buffalo wilted in the heat.

Yes, there's some humidity in Buffalo. Two big differences: in Buffalo, it's usually 90 or less and humid vs 99 and humid. And in Buffalo, the humidity is long gone by September.

I grew up in WNY and I live in Northern VA now. After 8 years of living here, I'm still not used to the heat and humdity in summers.

Buffalo has struggled in hot early season games in the past. Don't dismiss it that easily.

don137
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
The other players I don't think it will matter since then endured a hot training camp but I do wonder about Peters conditioning in this game if he plays.

cocamide
09-11-2008, 12:28 PM
The Florida humidity sucks. I hate being outside for about 15 minutes and being covered in sweat. Hopefully we take advantage of it by putting McCargo in some sweats and having him do laps all day while the team plays.

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
The Florida humidity sucks. I hate being outside for about 15 minutes and being covered in sweat. Hopefully we take advantage of it by putting McCargo in some sweats and having him do laps all day while the team plays.

Take off your jacket when outside (lol)

hydro
09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Dolphins game in 03.
Tampa game in 05.

Yes, there's some humidity in Buffalo. Two big differences: in Buffalo, it's usually 90 or less and humid vs 99 and humid. And in Buffalo, the humidity is long gone by September.

I grew up in WNY and I live in Northern VA now. After 8 years of living here, I'm still not used to the heat and humdity in summers.

Buffalo has struggled in hot early season games in the past. Don't dismiss it that easily.

We also had a game in Jacksonville the week before the Dolphins and won big.

We then won in Miami in '06.

So there is no evidence of it being that big of a factor.

BlackMetalNinja
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
93 and sunny is the forecast, haven't checked the humidity yet though

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM

I think it is a small advantage....it is about equal with a team sleeping in a hotel the night before a game

cocamide
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM

True. I was at that Jags game. What a great game for the Bills. It looked like we were really on to something and then we blow it in Miami. I remember the horrible play calling for the Fin's game. We get a turnover in Dolphins territory and then call a half-back pass which gets picked. (I think I'm remembering it right.)

Jan Reimers
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd like to see us use a four man rotation at DT, with McCargo in the mix this Sunday.

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I'd like to see us use a four man rotation at DT, with McCargo in the mix this Sunday.

Jacksonville should rotate in the Guards then they will be using 3rd stringers

Bill Brasky
09-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I live in Florida and I believe the humidity in Buffalo is far worse and it can be 90 down here in Florida and it seems like a great day for football.....seriously.

I took a shower here (Buffalo) when it was 87 out, and I was able to walk to my car without sweating. My shirt was still clean. I smelled great, like cherry vodka and coke with crushed ice. This occured at 11:30am.

I took a shower in Miami with the temperature hovering between 90 and 92. I walked out to my car 5 minutes later. By the time I made it to my car, my shirt was already covered in sweat. I felt like I had worked a 10 hour shift in a salt mine. This occured at 8:45am.

Brasky's test concludes your comment holds less water than a bottomless styrofoam cup.

BlackMetalNinja
09-11-2008, 01:15 PM
NO doubt... I've been down here for 2 years now and can't get used to the humidity. It's nonstop most of the summer here. Take a shower and keep on sweating afterwards. Not to mention, when it rains it doesn't relieve the humidity, it somehow makes it worse!

Sure it got humid here and there in the summer in WNY, but it was never as relentless as it is in the South.

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
NO doubt... I've been down here for 2 years now and can't get used to the humidity. It's nonstop most of the summer here. Take a shower and keep on sweating afterwards. Not to mention, when it rains it doesn't relieve the humidity, it somehow makes it worse!

Sure it got humid here and there in the summer in WNY, but it was never as relentless as it is in the South.

I work outside all day and its not a problem.....ah...kids

alohabillsfan
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Dolphins game in 03.
Tampa game in 05.

OP got to call ya on this...
2003 Week 2 Bills crush Jags (Sept. 14th hint) Temp 86 Hum 66%
2003 Week 3 Bills Lose to fish Temp 84 Hum 67% (We scored our only TD in the 4th qtr.

It really boils down to defense, and I like the match-up come Sunday, Not to mention the Bills are UNDEFEATED in Jacksonville when playing on September 14th!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
OP got to call ya on this...
2003 Week 2 Bills crush Jags (Sept. 14th hint) Temp 86 Hum 66%
2003 Week 3 Bills Lose to fish Temp 84 Hum 67% (We scored our only TD in the 4th qtr.

It really boils down to defense, and I like the match-up come Sunday, Not to mention the Bills are UNDEFEATED in Jacksonville when playing on September 14th!!!!!!!!

Well we lost the second game and our team looked lethargic the entire game. So there's examples of both, but certainly the weather doesn't help our chances.

On top of that, their D is good so it's unlikely that our O will be able to sustain drives. That will put extra pressure on our D to stay fresh in stifling heat. It's not a good match up.

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 10:47 PM

i'd be good to get mccargo into themix against the scrubs. this way his stats are padding and more likely to move in the event the FO wants to trade him.

LtFinFan66
09-11-2008, 11:18 PM
It seems I see it listed as a leading reason why the Bills have a disadvantage.

Buffalo will " WILT" in the heat and that lame excuse is for fans only.

And NO, I didn't just get used to it down here....I noticed that the first week I lived down here when I moved from Buffalo.

July and August are the hottest months in Florida and it cools down in September.
People from all over the country wait till September to travel down here....and it has already started............the Snowbirds are coming.

I have my windows open as I type this.....and it is 91 degrees outside

Remember the following...

#1 How many players on the Bills played college football in a warm weather climate....they are used to it.....right Roscoe. Most players enjoy a trip to Florida for a game.

#2 Most teams rotate in players and the trainers make sure all players drink plenty of GATORADE....

#3 Ever see those huge fans over ice on the sidelines....both teams use them.

#4 This game is not in December and the weather in Buffalo is maybe 10 degrees cooler this time of the year. A Decemebr game would have me more worried.

#5 BOTH TEAMS are playing on the same day with the same weather.

I saw the excuses on the SEAHAWKS MESSAGE board...."the weather in Buffalo was terrible". Both teams played in the same conditions on the same day...that's lame!

I guess the SEAHAWK fans believe BUFFALO IS A BETTER RAIN TEAM (lol)

-THE SLAMMERNo way man. I sat in Miami for that game last week and was wilting in that heat. I can't even imagine the players playing in it

LABillsFan
09-12-2008, 01:50 AM
McCargo has to play, plain and simple. The heat and sun will make a difference, just as the Dec. games in Buffalo. You live in an area, you get used to the weather just by being there all the time. Its the same when people visit me during the summer from back there. Sure its hot for me but I'm in it everyday but for the first few days my visitors have to get adjusted.

As of today its supposed to be partly cloudy, 92 with humidity at 63% and a 20% chance of rain

shelby
09-12-2008, 04:32 AM
Look on the bright side....Trent should have a good game because it won't be windy or snowing;)

SquishDaFish
09-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I think its a small advantage