PDA

View Full Version : Stroud is a smart man

ghz in pittsburgh
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10971359

Read about the contract extension "joke." And if he keeps it up this season, I had to believe the Bills will take care of him. Look almost all the other DTs traded this season got their money in new contracts. But so far Stroud has been quiet. I think he's very smart about it. I think he has 3 years (including 2008) left in his contract and has coming off 2 sub standard years. It's the perfect time for him to hit it big and then to expect some more dough coming his way.

I have to believe the Bills front office took some peek at this as well. Maybe that's why they have been slow in Evans contract talk. Among Evans, Peters, and Stroud, and throwing the possibility of taking care of Edwards if he does well this season, they are looking at a huge amount of money being paid out at the end of this year in signing bonus alone. Then again with the cap room they have now, maybe they should do 2 contracts this season.

OpIv37
09-11-2008, 03:00 PM
what did we give up for this guy?

The more I see/hear from him, the more I like him. Provided he stays healthy, we got a steal.

Luisito23
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
A 3rd. and 5th. I think OP...And yes it was a tremendous deal for us!...Glad we didn't go after Shaun Rogers instead.

RingofFire
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
3rd and 5th. That is a steal!

Jan Reimers
09-11-2008, 03:09 PM

The more I see/hear from him, the more I like him. Provided he stays healthy, we got a steal.
I think a 3rd and a 5th in the 2008 draft?

RingofFire
09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Do you guys think Stroud if healthy is better than Henderson? Or is it at least pretty close?

justasportsfan
09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I was sooo impressed when he chased Hasselbeck out of bounds. I don't recall smaller and younger guys like MCcargo or Tripplett do something like that.

HAMMER
09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
This is why you don't spend all of your cap money just because you have it.

ServoBillieves
09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Both are fantastic. Both are also close friends, and have been having some verbal back-and-forths about this week. All in fun, I guarantee they shake hands and share a laugh before the game and after.

raphael120
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Ai yai yai...

Well I tell ya what, with all these big guys potentially going to be eating up a lot of money, its even MORE important we draft well because we won't be going on FA spending sprees anytime soon.

Sportsuser101
09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I think a 3rd and a 5th in the 2008 draft?

yes

raphael120
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm more concerned with seeing Schobel playing up to a Pro Bowl level too. He's got NO MORE excuses and he was getting manhandled by the Pro Bowl LT the Seahawks had, and he's making more money than Stroud I bet.

BTW, Kelsay only had 1 assist the whole game; Schobel had 4 tackles.

justasportsfan
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Ai yai yai...

Well I tell ya what, with all these big guys potentially going to be eating up a lot of money, its even MORE important we draft well because we won't be going on FA spending sprees anytime soon.
maybe a probowl center next year.

justasportsfan
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
This is why you don't spend all of your cap money just because you have it.
This is why I think they extended Butler. He's got a lot of potential so they tied him up now . May end up in a Peters situation. Cheap , because we tied them up early.

raphael120
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
maybe a probowl center next year.

We don't need a pro bowl center, I'll take an average center because Melvin Fowler is mediocre AT BEST. I'd love to go play by play and count how many times he got blown off the ball.

justasportsfan
09-11-2008, 03:27 PM
We don't need a pro bowl center, I'll take an average center because Melvin Fowler is mediocre AT BEST. I'd love to go play by play and count how many times he got blown off the ball.

If our goal is sb why stop at average? If we make playoffs this , we should be aiming for a sb next year.

BWT- thats with Evans and Peters lcoked up btw.

Sportsuser101
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM
If our goal is sb why stop at average? If we make playoffs this , we should be aiming for a sb next year.

BWT- thats with Evans and Peters lcoked up btw.

Can we get past week 2 before we start talking about next year?

Saratoga Slim
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Among Evans, Peters, and Stroud, and throwing the possibility of taking care of Edwards if he does well this season, they are looking at a huge amount of money being paid out at the end of this year in signing bonus alone. Then again with the cap room they have now, maybe they should do 2 contracts this season.

Exactly - we really need to get at least 1 of these 3 extended this season, so that we have the space in the offseason to deal with the others.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
aren't mediocre and average synonymous?

Saratoga Slim
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
aren't mediocre and average synonymous?

Yes. But you know what he meant.

Owen DeBoard
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm more concerned with seeing Schobel playing up to a Pro Bowl level too. He's got NO MORE excuses and he was getting manhandled by the Pro Bowl LT the Seahawks had, and he's making more money than Stroud I bet.

BTW, Kelsay only had 1 assist the whole game; Schobel had 4 tackles.
BTW Schobel had a sack and a couple of qb pressures against the pro bowl LT (Walter Jones) so I dont see how he was getting manhandeled.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
It's early but Stroud has looked like one of the better DTs in the league.

If it came down to Peters, Stroud, and Evans I'm 100% sure Evans is odd man out.

I was watching the Lions the other day and Calvin Johnson was useless in Detroit.

The D-line and O-line is where it starts and we learned that the hard way. Moulds and Price in their prime got us how many playoff appearances??

Evans is low man on the pole.

Tatonka
09-11-2008, 06:42 PM

we gave up the 3rd and 5th we got for mcgahee.