Tatonka
04-27-2003, 10:59 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=178104

buffalobills.com
April 27, 2003

Fred Graves
Wide Receivers Coach

Strengths

"He runs good routes. I'd say he and Josh (Reed) are about the same speed; he may be a step faster than Josh. He's a good run after the catch player. He'll be able to play two to three different positions because of his knowledge of the game."

Speed Questions

"I think his speed is solid. I think he'll be just fine with what he has. There were some situations last year that everybody talked about Josh Reed's speed but he got down the field. You're not going to have the greatest speed all the time. But these guys run good routes. Josh runs good routes and this kid will be the same. Sam runs good routes and makes good runs after the catch. Everybody talks about speed. There are certain guys that just have the speed. When you look at Charles Rogers and Andre Johnson they have flat out speed. There are a lot of guys in this league that can get down the field. Sam will be one of them.

He's also a great leaper. He has a 38 or 39 inch vertical and it shows. He's a quick leaper, also. He knows how to shield the defenders off and get up and make the catch at the highest point."

Rookie Wide-outs

"There are going to be some things that they are going to need to learn. Getting off the press but he's played against some good people. He didn't have the best of quarterbacks so he'll have a much better situation here. He'll do some things that will surprise you. I'm very pleased to get him."

Nickname

"I know his nickname. He'll be a sleeper. Actually we had him ranked a lot higher so I was surprised that he was still on the board."

Aiken's Upside

"When you look at his history, he's improved every year. He got better as a receiver statistically and technique wise. You look at him on film and you can see that he's been improving. He did a good job for them."

Where will he Play

"He'll be outside, but he can play inside. They moved him around and put him in different positions, used him to go in motion, inside blocking situations, inside option routes. He'll do a lot of things for us and we have the opportunity to bring him along a little slower than most teams do."

Tatonka
04-27-2003, 11:04 PM
i like this kid alot.

here is his interview

WR Sam Aiken Talks About Joining the Bills
Aiken anticipates playing with Moulds and Bledsoe

buffalobills.com
April 27, 2003

Playing for the Bills

"It's a great feeling. Playing with Moulds and Bledsoe, I can't ask for anything better."

Style of play

"Ever since the end of my college career I've been working out and gaining more size to be more of a physical receiver."

Sleeper Tattoo

"The tattoo came about at the end of my senior year in high school. I went to the Shrine Bowl with a lot of higher rated athletes and I got MVP of that game. They called me the sleeper."

High School Recruitment

"North Carolina stuck with me since my sophomore year in high school. I guess they knew that I had potential. Before the all-star game it was just North Carolina and North Carolina State. After I got MVP colleges just came out of the blue. I just went with the team that stuck with me and believed in me."

The Senior Bowl

"Coming from Carolina we had tons of receivers but didn't have any receivers who had made names for themselves in that game. We didn't have a receiver at Carolina that had a 1,000 yards receiving. I came the closest to it, just ten yards short. The media says that I have a lack of speed and I need to go out and prove that I have game speed and my hands are on point. I need to go out and prove to people that I can get it done."