PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else sick of the Farve lovefest?

Ronald Hinckleberry
09-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Why are the jets getting all this attention, did I miss somethin here? Seems to me everybody thinks they are the favorite to win the division now but I still think the pats will be tough as long as they have that cheating bastard and the rest of his cronies.

Last time I checked Brett Favre is still a backwoods redneck and there team sucks. I hope the patriots stomp a mudhole in them boys.

I'm going to stop watching ESPN for a while, these clowns are getting on my nerve with this crap.

Wally The Barber
09-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Who is Brett Farve?

Oh, that Green Bay guy.....I thought he retired?

Al the Bills Fan
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I live 45 min from the meadowlands arena. Trust me, I am tired of the Favre fanfaire out here. It dominates the local sports radio (and national for that matter), his jerseys are everywhere and after one win he is annointed and the savior of the New Jersey Jets. Its a bit much after awhile!!!

don137
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
A couple bad interceptions and some losses will cure the man crush om Farve....It may not of happened last week but they were only playing the Dolphins.

raphael120
09-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Why are the jets getting all this attention, did I miss somethin here? Seems to me everybody thinks they are the favorite to win the division now but I still think the pats will be tough as long as they have that cheating bastard and the rest of his cronies.

Last time I checked Brett Favre is still a backwoods redneck and there team sucks. I hope the patriots stomp a mudhole in them boys.

I'm going to stop watching ESPN for a while, these clowns are getting on my nerve with this crap.

I'd rather hear about Favre than Brady.

cocamide
09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I was sick of it about 2 years ago.

Owen DeBoard
09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I'd rather hear about Favre than Brady.
Right on brother.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Who wants to bet me 10,000 zone bucks that he doesn't finish the season.

His press confernece on Sunday says it all. I think his heart is still in Green Bay.

He either gets hurt or retires once they are out of the playoff race. Either way this is his last season. I think he realizes that the Jets are not a playoff team.

Night Train
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
He's a media dream & they will never let his star fade until he actually leaves the game.

Farves obvious narcissism only feeds the frenzy.

Losses will cure all. The NYC media will turn on anyone.

njsue
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Well I am loving farve this sunday to beat the Pats :snicker:

X-Era
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM

Are you surprised?

Dont worry, we will DESTROY them when we play them.

Mitchell55
09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Its impossible to get rid of him. If he gets injured, than there will be talk of him that he shouldnt of came back and there will be highlights of him all over. If he is bad, they will talk about how much of a bust he is for the next 3 years. If hes great, than it will be 10X worse. We are in a lose, lose, lose, situation.

DynaPaul
09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Like I said before, his situation there can only end BADLY...

Bill Brasky
09-11-2008, 08:00 PM

:rofl:

Confused
09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
from what I saw, miami nearly beat the jets. I was rooting for miami just cuz it would be a poke in the eye of every media outlet that has had it lips firmly wrapped around Favre's unit for the last 2 months.

DANMAN
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Been sick of it for a long time.

Some in the media act like Brett Farve is Jesus Christ.

Mark Schlerith on ESPN is ready to hand them the Lombardi throphy when the only thing they have accoplished is barely beating a team that went 1-15 last year.

Do not see it ending any time soon, with Brady gone he will get even more attention. I thought it was bad when Brusci came back from his injury but Farve's return is worse.

Can hardly wait til we play the Jests.

Confused
09-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Imagine If Farve had a stroke?

El Guapo
09-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Last time I checked Brett Favre is still a backwoods redneck and there team sucks.

Backwoods redneck? Why? Because he's from the South?

And yes, I am sick of the Favre hype. The media needs to stick a cork in it. They barely beat the mighty Dolphins.

ALL D
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I have been sick of Favre since I first heard of his name...

LifetimeBillsFan
09-12-2008, 02:30 AM
I live 45 min from the meadowlands arena. Trust me, I am tired of the Favre fanfaire out here. It dominates the local sports radio (and national for that matter), his jerseys are everywhere and after one win he is annointed and the savior of the New Jersey Jets. Its a bit much after awhile!!!

Me, too.

Between ESPN and the local media all I hear about the NFL is Favre these days.

The NYC media are so cocksure that the Jets will win the Super Bowl that it is nauseating! The back page of one of the biggest NYC newspapers, the NY Daily News, blared "NO EXCUSES" the other day with a picture of Mangini and in smaller print "Pressure's on Mangini now that the Jets have edge over Belichick's Pats". No mention of the Bills as possible challengers whatsoever.

I was once in a play where the first line I was supposed to say after coming on stage perfectly sums up my feelings about the media's obsession with Favre (and with Brady, too): "I MAY vomit!"**

**Sheridan Whiteside in Kaufman and Hart's "The Man Who Came To Dinner"

jamze132
09-12-2008, 03:22 AM
from what I saw, miami nearly beat the jets. I was rooting for miami just cuz it would be a poke in the eye of every media outlet that has had it lips firmly wrapped around Favre's unit for the last 2 months.
I thought the same thing for about 2 seconds before I realized, nothing is better than a Dolphnis loss.