PDA

View Full Version : Decision on Peters likely Saturday

The Spaz
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Bills head coach Dick Jauron is certainly pleased to have his Pro Bowl left tackle back in the fold, but by no means is he going to rush to judgment as to whether he’ll dress much less start on Sunday at Jacksonville.

After Thursday’s practice Jauron indicated that his decision on whether to activate Peters will likely go right up until Saturday.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6584

Saratoga Slim
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
He said the same on Sirius this morning. Not surprised really, I'm sure he wants to see how Jason progresses through the week.

OpIv37
09-11-2008, 03:42 PM
So..... Peters takes 85% of the first team reps in practice this week but Jauron doesn't know if he's going to start?

Seems to me we'd be better off having Walker at LT and Chambers at RT for at least 50% of the snaps to prepare for this game. I understand Peters needs to be evaluated, but 85% is too high. It hurts the ability to prep the players who will be starting.

I wonder if this is just coachspeak to keep Jacksonville guessing.

Dr. Lecter
09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
He'll play and start.

There is no reason to activate him until then. If he gets injured, the Bills might as well use the exemption and not make a roster move until they have to.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
He wouldn't get the majority of the snaps if he wasn't starting.

Al the Bills Fan
09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
He is going to start! Dick just doesn't want to sound like he making his decision too quickly

The Spaz
09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
I think it's a little of make sure he doesn't get hurt in practice and a little gamesmanship.

madness
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
So..... Peters takes 85% of the first team reps in practice this week but Jauron doesn't know if he's going to start?

Seems to me we'd be better off having Walker at LT and Chambers at RT for at least 50% of the snaps to prepare for this game. I understand Peters needs to be evaluated, but 85% is too high. It hurts the ability to prep the players who will be starting.

I wonder if this is just coachspeak to keep Jacksonville guessing.

Actually Peters took 95% (he stated he's in 85% game shape) and you can bank on it that he's starting.

Peters practice reps

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>September 10, 2008

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:29 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=4021)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>PETERS PRACTICE REPS: Jason Peters said he took 95 percent of the snaps at left tackle with the first unit in practice today. He also said he feels 85 percent in football shape. We'll have more on Peters this afternoon on the home page.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He's going to need as many snaps as possible upfront for the coaching staff to determine if he's ready on film and to also see how his body holds up tomorrow. I'd imagine if he wasn't going to play Sunday his snap count would greatly decrease as the week went on.

trapezeus
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
i agree with C. Brown. The bills can't exactly get him up and running at game speed without conditioning him with football. he's the best OL.

That being said, Walker is still nursing an injury and could use the time off and chambers will be on the right side. So i see the 95% of snaps as a way to get jason up to season speed as fast as possible. but since the line did well on sunday, its a way to just be prepared to do what ever you want instead of being stuck with the walker chambers team. You now have an option....and you're that much closer to having peters 100% ready for the raiders game.