X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Decision on Peters likely Saturday

Bills head coach Dick Jauron is certainly pleased to have his Pro Bowl left tackle back in the fold, but by no means is he going to rush to judgment as to whether he’ll dress much less start on Sunday at Jacksonville.

After Thursday’s practice Jauron indicated that his decision on whether to activate Peters will likely go right up until Saturday.

• Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Decision on Peters likely Saturday

He said the same on Sirius this morning. Not surprised really, I'm sure he wants to see how Jason progresses through the week.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

So..... Peters takes 85% of the first team reps in practice this week but Jauron doesn't know if he's going to start?

Seems to me we'd be better off having Walker at LT and Chambers at RT for at least 50% of the snaps to prepare for this game. I understand Peters needs to be evaluated, but 85% is too high. It hurts the ability to prep the players who will be starting.

I wonder if this is just coachspeak to keep Jacksonville guessing.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

He'll play and start.

There is no reason to activate him until then. If he gets injured, the Bills might as well use the exemption and not make a roster move until they have to.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

He wouldn't get the majority of the snaps if he wasn't starting.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
            • Aug 2007

He is going to start! Dick just doesn't want to sound like he making his decision too quickly

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

I think it's a little of make sure he doesn't get hurt in practice and a little gamesmanship.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                So..... Peters takes 85% of the first team reps in practice this week but Jauron doesn't know if he's going to start?

Seems to me we'd be better off having Walker at LT and Chambers at RT for at least 50% of the snaps to prepare for this game. I understand Peters needs to be evaluated, but 85% is too high. It hurts the ability to prep the players who will be starting.

I wonder if this is just coachspeak to keep Jacksonville guessing.
                Actually Peters took 95% (he stated he's in 85% game shape) and you can bank on it that he's starting.

Peters practice reps

September 10, 2008

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:29 PM ET | Link

PETERS PRACTICE REPS: Jason Peters said he took 95 percent of the snaps at left tackle with the first unit in practice today. He also said he feels 85 percent in football shape. We'll have more on Peters this afternoon on the home page.

He's going to need as many snaps as possible upfront for the coaching staff to determine if he's ready on film and to also see how his body holds up tomorrow. I'd imagine if he wasn't going to play Sunday his snap count would greatly decrease as the week went on.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i agree with C. Brown. The bills can't exactly get him up and running at game speed without conditioning him with football. he's the best OL.

That being said, Walker is still nursing an injury and could use the time off and chambers will be on the right side. So i see the 95% of snaps as a way to get jason up to season speed as fast as possible. but since the line did well on sunday, its a way to just be prepared to do what ever you want instead of being stuck with the walker chambers team. You now have an option....and you're that much closer to having peters 100% ready for the raiders game.

Comment

Working...
                  X