PDA

View Full Version : Should Bills make a play for Garcia?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Tampa Bay has him on the trade block.

Do the Bills try to steal him to keep him from the Cheatriots?

JP for Garcia helps Tampa in my opinion,

and Garcia might put NE back in the hunt........

The Spaz
09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
First off Garcia would want to start, he was all hot and bothered about the Bucs possibly getting Favre.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I definately don't want him as a starter, if he is set on that.

Albany,n.y.
09-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Tampa Bay has him on the trade block.

Do the Bills try to steal him to keep him from the Cheatriots?

JP for Garcia helps Tampa in my opinion,

and Garcia might put NE back in the hunt........
Just because the idiots at WGR are proposing it, it doesn't make it a good idea. Garcia is disgruntled in Tampa Bay because he wants to be paid more because he's the starter. So we're going to trade for him put him on the bench, not pay him any more & he'll be a good influence here-give me a break! This is one of the most moronic things Schopp & the Bulldog have ever started.
Now please stop parroting WGR & post an original thought.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh no wonder this is such a stupid idea...

Shoop and the Bulldog started it.

Those two assclowns are full of idiocy.

Just don't try to prove them wrong on the air or they'll hang up on you.

raphael120
09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh no wonder this is such a stupid idea...

Shoop and the Bulldog started it.

Those two assclowns are full of idiocy.

Just don't try to prove them wrong on the air or they'll hang up on you.

I wanted to call in to tell them that it must be a slow day for them to be kicking around that idea. Yet if a caller called in and brought up the idea, they'd shoot him down right away saying it was stupid. but since they posed the question, it's legitimate.

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
No thanks on Garcia.

All I want is a dependable backup QB who is good enough to keep the seat warm for a few games, likely on the downside of his career (and knows it), and isn't itching to be the starter.

Guys like Charlie Batch, Kerry Collins, Mark Brunell, Anthony Wright.

Actually Garcia fits the bill too except he THINKS he should be the starter when he shouldn't.

JP will be more valuable commodity than a lot of you guys think comes this offseason. Too bad we won't get anything for him.

casdhf
09-11-2008, 04:16 PM
JP does not fit the type of QBs Gruden looks for at all. There's no way they 'd even consider this trade.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2008, 04:17 PM
To block New England possibly

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2008, 04:18 PM
To block New England possibly
And sit him on the bench?

This isn't fantasy football guys.

Night Train
09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
The Pats will make a play for him.

Mr. Miyagi
09-11-2008, 04:41 PM
He makes a lot more sense in Minnesota, where they play WCO.

OpIv37
09-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Hargrove? Garcia? Is it still preseason?

These are worthless "I don't have anything pertinent to say so I'll throw it out there for discussion" topics.

Mitchell55
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Why get someone who would hate it hear and not even want to come, just so another team doesnt get him?

njsue
09-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Jeff Garica is too injury prone.

However, John Gruden does not get along with his QB's. Plus, I believe Gruden is on his way out of Tampa.

Typ0
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't think a change like that would be wise really. But I would hate to play against JG in NE too.

Typ0
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I really can't believe that. Just that NE gets all the breaks really. Their QB went down and now we are bantering about JG who would win a SB in NE.

PromoTheRobot
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I wanted to call in to tell them that it must be a slow day for them to be kicking around that idea. Yet if a caller called in and brought up the idea, they'd shoot him down right away saying it was stupid. but since they posed the question, it's legitimate.
Are the Bills supposed to trade for every player New England might want?

PTR

shelby
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
:no:

DrGraves
09-11-2008, 08:35 PM
no.

TigerJ
09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Garcia is too fragile. He should retire.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-12-2008, 07:35 AM
I think most of you missed the point.

The point is that it would cost next to nothing, he would be a servicable backup, and most importantly....takes him off the market for NE.

Jeff Garcia on most teams does not scare me one bit. But a competant QB playing for NE might just put them back on top of the division.....

I look at this year (so far) as an opportunity to do big things.

If we have a chance to keep that oppotunity from slipping away, and it costs very little.....then why not?

And to those who don't like the topic.....please post something more interesting if you see fit.

justasportsfan
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Why would they trade for JP if he's a FA next year anyways. JP is not a WCO . They would be better off bringing in Culpecker.

Mr. Miyagi
09-12-2008, 09:44 AM
I have no inside information at all, but I'm calling it right now, Garcia to Minnesota.

Perfect fit.

Jan Reimers
09-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think the Bills have ever tried to acquire old, overpaid, unneeded players simply to keep them away from other teams.

I don't think Garcia would be a big help to the Pats, anyway.

Agent007
09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I have no inside information at all, but I'm calling it right now, Garcia to Minnesota.

Perfect fit.

Ideal fit.

Would only happen though if Taravis Jackson fails to impress early on.