PDA

View Full Version : Well the media pretty much agrees about this weekend..

HHURRICANE
09-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Bills lose.

The Jags have a better D and Trent Edwards is a young QB on the road. This is pretty much what I've heard on ESPN and Sirrius.

"Jack Del Rio isn't going to let his team lose at home."

Now I really hope we kick some butt. Go Bills!!

cocamide
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
The Bills seem to play better as the underdogs, so I'm OK with us getting no respect.

Night Train
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Excellent.

Now we'll win for sure.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
We win big this weekend, we break the top 5 on some power rankings.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
The Jags have a btter D? They used to have a better D. I honestly feel that we have one weakness on the D in Chris Kelsay and he isn't even that big of a weakness. Sure Ellison isn't great, but he did fine Sunday.

njsue
09-11-2008, 05:51 PM

You have earned :posrep:

Mski
09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
i still agree with OP, its going to be hot as hell down there, its their home opener, they lost last week, and while yes their o-line is depleted, they still have huge receivers, that dwarf our cb's, a very solid running game, and a mobile QB.

this game is winnable, but its not going to be an easy win as some have predicted, as some have eluded to before, historically we struggle with games in hot climates, and against mobile qb's. i know our d is much improved from last year, but sunday wasnt a good example of exactly how much, the seahawks wide outs couldnt catch a ball if someone walked out a placed it in their hands, which allowed us to stack the box, and blitz like crazy

Mitchell55
09-11-2008, 06:05 PM

If we go 4-0, we will be superbowl contenders if thats the case. That sounds so good right now.

Albany,n.y.
09-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Their fans are really going to be pumped up & provide a huge home field advantage-especially the ones under that tarp.

DynaPaul
09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I think we win in a close one. How are they gonna run or throw to their receivers with no o-line?

shelby
09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Don't make the mistake of underestimating the Jags. They are a good, solid team.

Al the Bills Fan
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
A lot of "the pros" also picked the Seahawks to win

OpIv37
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm sick of this mentality that we deserve respect already.

Remember, we were a mediocre team last year. We had one really good game.

All the people who think the Bills are going to lose are making valid points, yet rather than attempt to counter those points, people just get mad.

VeggieMan14
09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Their fans are really going to be pumped up & provide a huge home field advantage-especially the ones under that tarp.:lmao: i heard they got ghost fans under there from the great history of the Jacksonville Jags

ghz in pittsburgh
09-11-2008, 07:28 PM
At this point Gerrard is a better QB than Edwards. And they have an equally good, if not better defense than us. And they play at home, home opener that is. That's all you need to know why they should be favored.

If the Bills win, it would be considered a big upset.

Mitchell55
09-11-2008, 07:52 PM
At this point Gerrard is a better QB than Edwards. And they have an equally good, if not better defense than us. And they play at home, home opener that is. That's all you need to know why they should be favored.

There D is not better anymore, and in stats for the opener, Edwards is better than Garrard.

Kenny
09-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont see what's wrong with what the media is saying, and personally I agree.

What I dont get is how many rose colored glasses are being used right now. We beat the crap out of an injury (and suspension) prone team, and a soft one at that, and all of a sudden we've got a great team?

Im not saying we're not a good team, but at the same time Im not saying we are either. Personally, Im not sure what this team is until we play a worthy opponent.

What I do know is...
1. This is their home opener
2. They're pissed off they lost their first game, and they might feel some urgency to win.
3. The injuries on offense, while major, wont hurt the overall team much since their strengh has always been their D.
(it's like saying we can beat the Colts if instead of injuries on their offense, they had injuries on their D...)

This will be a tough and close game. And it wont be pretty for either team. Im guessing a combine point total of around 20.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-11-2008, 08:30 PM
There D is not better anymore, and in stats for the opener, Edwards is better than Garrard.

I don't know why you'd say their D is no better. I was in Heinz field last year in the playoff. I know what their D look like and Stroud was a non factor then.

As for QB. Gerrard ranked just below Brady and Manning last year. You don't rank QBs by 1 game.

I actually see a very difficult game for the Bills this Sunday. Personally, I think turnovers will decide game.

Nighthawk
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Call me stupid, but I really think the Bills win this game and show everybody that they are for real.

El Guapo
09-11-2008, 09:39 PM

An upset, yes. A big upset? No.

Would you expect to win with three of your O-line out? Hell no. This board would be doom and gloom from page one to ten.

I'm not saying this game is a cake walk, but I do think the Bills will win. We will respect their defense, and if TE doesn't make mistakes, I think we walk away with a W here.

raphael120
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
It's always a much better win when everyone counts the Bills out. As Buffalo fans, we're used to the underdog role and we relish it, so bring it on.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-12-2008, 02:18 AM
IMHO it is going to be a tough game.

I expect a tight defensive struggle. Their defense is tough, plays well at home, and they don't want to lose a second game, particularly not their home opener. Our defense is tough and will be helped by the injuries to their offensive line and WRs (although Jerry Porter will be back and they still have M.Jones). And, both teams have good kickers. It may come down to one of them.

jamze132
09-12-2008, 03:29 AM
I think it's going to be a close game and a stupid mistake on either part is going to cost their team the W. I just have a feling that it's not going to be us this time.

Saratoga Slim
09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
IMHO it is going to be a tough game.

I expect a tight defensive struggle. Their defense is tough, plays well at home, and they don't want to lose a second game, particularly not their home opener. Our defense is tough and will be helped by the injuries to their offensive line and WRs (although Jerry Porter will be back and they still have M.Jones). And, both teams have good kickers. It may come down to one of them.

I agree 100%.

I think this game is going to be the first big test for our offense. The Jags have the most patchwork OL in the league right now, and I'm confident that our defense will really do a number on them. Not at all concerned about their receivers, think we'll put at least as much pressure on Garrard as we did on Hasselbeck. Moreover, I think they're going to have a tough time running behind that OL against Stroud and the boys.

That said, I think it's fair to say that we can't count on 2TDs from our special teams every week. It's going to be up to our offense to score at least 17-20 points against a good defense, on the road. I was encouraged by our offense last week, but the fact is we didn't really run as well as we should be able to, and generally speaking were not that consistent--a lot of our yardage came on a handful of big plays.

The good news is that prior to last week's showing, this game was one that most of us were chalking up as a loss in trying to predict the Bills' record for the year. I no longer think it's a likely loss--I think it's 50/50, and very winnable if Trent & Co. can score 17-20 points.

The Spaz
09-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I was watching AFC Playbook on NFLN and Sharpe and another guy who was breaking down our game both picked the Bills. That was good to see.:up::beers:

don137
09-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I was watching AFC Playbook on NFLN and Sharpe and another guy who was breaking down our game both picked the Bills. That was good to see.:up::beers:

Brian Baldinger is the other guy. Jaworski and Baldinger are my favorite announcers. They really break the game down great.

On the radio today here in Charlotte they had Trey Wingo on and he was gushing over Trent Edwards and the Bills. He said they have a great QB that was very undervalued because he played on a crappy Stanford team, they have a solid running game and a special teams and a defense that can win games for them. Called them the team to beat in the AFC East.

Jan Reimers
09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
I like being the underdog, but I have a feeling we won't be playing that role too much longer.

billsburgh
09-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Brian Baldinger is the other guy. Jaworski and Baldinger are my favorite announcers. They really break the game down great.

On the radio today here in Charlotte they had Trey Wingo on and he was gushing over Trent Edwards and the Bills. He said they have a great QB that was very undervalued because he played on a crappy Stanford team, they have a solid running game and a special teams and a defense that can win games for them. Called them the team to beat in the AFC East.
wow it only took 1 game for Gay Wingo to jump off that Pats bandwagon and on to the Bills bandwagon.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Looking over Gerrard's history, you gotta think he's going to play better. He had an unbelievable TD to INT ratio of 18-3 last year in 12 games. And I believe he threw only 1 INT all year at home. When he does not make mistakes, it's hard to beat them at home.

zone
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Their amazing D let the Titans run for 140 yards, 100 of which were from a rookie, while there offense only rushed for 32 yards and Garrard threw 2 picks and was sacked 7 times. No he is not going to get better, he has NO O LINE! Doesn't anyone around here remember what that was like?

The reason why we are finally better is because we have rebuilt the trenches, the O and D lines dictate the game.

We will win Sunday, hands down.

jagfan90
09-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Their amazing D let the Titans run for 140 yards, 100 of which were from a rookie, while there offense only rushed for 32 yards and Garrard threw 2 picks and was sacked 7 times. No he is not going to get better, he has NO O LINE! Doesn't anyone around here remember what that was like?

The reason why we are finally better is because we have rebuilt the trenches, the O and D lines dictate the game.

We will win Sunday, hands down.

I feel pretty confident that Jacksonville will rebound and win this game 31-13 over the Bills. Yes, Jacksonville will have a tough time running the ball with a patchwerk O-Line, but many people underestimate Garrard ability to pass the ball. Jacksonville will be a more pass oriented team due to the offensive line problems and i expect big plays from Matt Jones, and MJD in the passing game. Jerry Porter makes his debut at home and i think he will be a factor on 3rd downs. Garrard will not repeat his performance of week one.

On defense i expect a ton of blitzing trying to rattle TE and force him to make mistakes. Jacksonville has a shutdown corner in Rashean, a very well pass defending Safety in Reggie Nelson, a solid linebacking core consisting of Mike Peterson, Daryl Smith, and Justin Durant, and you cant overlook John Henderson's brute strength at DT. I do think that Buffalo will be able to open up the run on us though, but passing will be very difficult for a young QB. Oh, and both have great Special Teams play.

Predictions:

Buffalo
TE: 178 yrds 1TD, 1INT
Lynch: 24 carries 128yrds
Total Offense: 294 yrds
Lee Evans: 8 receptions 78 yrds 1td
Sacks: 4
Special Teams: Roscoe will average 26 yards per return

Jacksonville
Garrard: 287 yrds 2td's
MJD: 11 carries 53 yrds 1 TD, 3 receptions 54 yrds 1td
Taylor: 14 carries 38 yrds
Matt Jones: 7 receptions 110 yrds 1td
Total Offense: 367 yrds
Sacks: 3
Special Teams: Witherspoon 24 yards per return

zone
09-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I feel pretty confident that Jacksonville will rebound and win this game 31-13 over the Bills. Yes, Jacksonville will have a tough time running the ball with a patchwerk O-Line, but many people underestimate Garrard ability to pass the ball. Jacksonville will be a more pass oriented team due to the offensive line problems and i expect big plays from Matt Jones, and MJD in the passing game. Jerry Porter makes his debut at home and i think he will be a factor on 3rd downs. Garrard will not repeat his performance of week one.

On defense i expect a ton of blitzing trying to rattle TE and force him to make mistakes. Jacksonville has a shutdown corner in Rashean, a very well pass defending Safety in Reggie Nelson, a solid linebacking core consisting of Mike Peterson, Daryl Smith, and Justin Durant, and you cant overlook John Henderson's brute strength at DT. I do think that Buffalo will be able to open up the run on us though, but passing will be very difficult for a young QB. Oh, and both have great Special Teams play.

Predictions:

Buffalo

Jacksonville
TE was sacked 12 times in 10 games last year you think he will be sacked 4 times, that is very optimistic.

You are obviously underestimating Stroud's brute strength, he is going to tear that makshift line apart. You can't pass if you can't block rushers.

Good luck scoring 31 points!

The Spaz
09-12-2008, 11:59 PM
TE was sacked 12 times in 10 games last year you think he will be sacked 4 times, that is very optimistic.

You are obviously underestimating Stroud's brute strength, he is going to tear that makshift line apart. You can't pass if you can't block rushers.

I'd like to know how Gerrard is able to hang in there long enough for them to get in range for 31.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 12:34 AM
I still think its funny that a 1-0 team who played a great team can beat a 0-1 team and it will be a upset.

jagfan90
09-13-2008, 01:24 AM

Actually i placed 4 sacks under Buffalo which means they will get 4 sacks. Jags will get 3. Oh, and Jags went 11 straight games scoring 24+ points in the 2007 regular season not including playoffs. Im confident in 31. Last year we whomped yall 36-14 at home and this year you are playing in Jacksonville again. Both teams are about the same besides buffalo's defense is better.

yordad
09-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Don't make the mistake of underestimating the Jags. They are a good, solid team.I think I can underestimate them all I want, as long as our player dont. ;)

jagfan90
09-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Anyone else have any realistic stats for the game?

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Actually i placed 4 sacks under Buffalo which means they will get 4 sacks. Jags will get 3. Oh, and Jags went 11 straight games scoring 24+ points in the 2007 regular season not including playoffs. Im confident in 31. Last year we whomped yall 36-14 at home and this year you are playing in Jacksonville again. Both teams are about the same besides buffalo's defense is better.

It should be noted that in last year’s matchup the Bills were without Paul Posluszny, Ko Simpson and Marshawn Lynch. In addition Trent Edwards did not play because J.P. Losman got the start.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2008, 10:45 AM

Predictions:

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Before we rip on the Jag fan I could actually see these numbers being true. Great post and nice job of not being confrontational about it.

I think the one possible silver lining is that I think the Bills will not allow Gerard to get comfortable in the pocket and not have the numbers you are prediciting.

The Bills D seems very good at not over pursuing so I don't think Gerrard is going to get the free scrambles he got last year against us.

In addition. Gerrard has had 5 bad games in a row dating back to last year. This guy is not playing all that well. Maybe he'll get back to form this week, but as you know, the O-line is pretty darn important.

I appreciate the post and good luck on Sunday.

ServoBillieves
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Holy crap, they actually sold out a game?

They might have fans after all...

:lmao:

jagfan90
09-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Actually i think throwing that much Garrard will have an int probably. Not sure how good Buffalo's pass defense is though