PDA

View Full Version : If Stroud Stays Healthy, He's An All-Time Steal

Night Train
09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
A 3rd & a 5th for him ?

I just watched the replay of the game. Stroud was such a monster force in an inordinate amount of plays.

He is a true man among boys.

NoCrowell?
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Can you send me a replay of the game online?

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Man you dont often notice a DT during a game, but I saw him play after play being disruptive as hell.

Mitchy moo
09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
I watched him live & he walked the sidelines talking it up with the D-squad all day, they see he's a daddy.

BAM
09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Can you send me a replay of the game online?

Me2. :D

Night Train
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Had a DVR recording of it (I was at the game) and deleted it after the viewing today. Sorry.

I watched Stroud closely at the Ralph & could see what Skooby mentioned. He's all over the sidelines talking and firing up the team. Then he goes out & dominates. A coaches dream.

I remember Fred Taylor saying the Jags just lost the largest locker room force,when he signed with us. I read the same about Mitchell from NY Giant players.

I'm sensing a pattern.

jimbohastle51
09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
A 3rd & a 5th for him ?

I just watched the replay of the game. Stroud was such a monster force in an inordinate amount of plays.

He is a true man among boys.

nighttrain awesome point. this guy had 2 sacks last week alone. a great starting NT/DT doesnt get but maybe 5-6 in a season he is already a quarter/almost half way there after 1 game. most DT/NT are not talented pass rushers like him. the seahawks ARE a good team and our front 7 completely dominated and because of the other 6 around stroud it will allow him to create havoc!

Mitchell55
09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I have to point something out. I was surprised how small he actually looks. Dont get me wrong, but when I watched Stroud in Jacksonville, he looked like Pat Williams. Hes not as fat as I thought he was.

hydro
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I have to point something out. I was surprised how small he actually looks. Dont get me wrong, but when I watched Stroud in Jacksonville, he looked like Pat Williams. Hes not as fat as I thought he was.

Yeah your right. He was really fat :rolleyes:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00dV525cD79jr/340x.jpg

Mitchell55
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah your right. He was really fat :rolleyes:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00dV525cD79jr/340x.jpg

Must of got him mixed up with Henderson.

DrGraves
09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
stroud is awesome. he's going to dominate on his homecoming.

SquishDaFish
09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Yea Henderson is the bigger one

BillsPride12
09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
We haven't scored a player this dominant out of a trade since we got Cornelius Bennett

Sportsuser101
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Ladies and gentlemen. Yes he played well but it is week 1. I understand this is a message board and everybody including myself is excited about the big week 1 but lets not call this guy a steal just yet. I like him just as much as the next guy but lets wait at least for a couple games. He's on pace for 32 sacks. He's not going to get there. He was dominating but lets see how he does in the next couple weeks.

Sportsuser101
09-12-2008, 07:38 PM
We haven't scored a player this dominant out of a trade since we got Cornelius Bennett

Come on Anthony Hargrove was a stud..

Albany,n.y.
09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Steal is putting it mildly, steals are more like it. Just think of how we got those picks to trade for Stroud. They traded Willis McGahee to Baltimore, they got a 3rd & 7th in 2007 & a 3rd in 2008. They then traded Takeo Spikes & Kelly Holcomb to Philadelphia for Darwin Walker & a 7th. They ended up trading Walker to the Bears for a 5th.
With the 2007 3rd: Trent Edwards, 2007 7th: C.J. Ah You (Waived by Bills). They then took the Ravens' 2008 3rd & the Bears 5th & traded them for Stroud. The 2007 7th from Philadelphia was used on Steve Johnson. Meanwhile only Willis McGahee is still with the team he was traded to.
So... The Bills traded McGahee, Spikes & Holcomb for Edwards, Stroud & Steve Johnson.
McGahee is in Baltimore making tons of money to frustrate his coaches. Spikes was released by Philadelphia & is now with the 49ers. Holcomb was traded by Philadelphia to Minnesota & is now retired. Even Darwin Walker was let go by the Bears & signed with Carolina. The sequence of trades wasn't a steal this was highway robbery because the Bills used those picks to get amazing value.

yordad
09-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Steal is putting it mildly, steals are more like it. Just think of how we got those picks to trade for Stroud. They traded Willis McGahee to Baltimore, they got a 3rd & 7th in 2007 & a 3rd in 2008. They then traded Takeo Spikes & Kelly Holcomb to Philadelphia for Darwin Walker & a 7th. They ended up trading Walker to the Bears for a 5th.
With the 2007 3rd: Trent Edwards, 2007 7th: C.J. Ah You (Waived by Bills). They then took the Ravens' 2008 3rd & the Bears 5th & traded them for Stroud. The 2007 7th from Philadelphia was used on Steve Johnson. Meanwhile only Willis McGahee is still with the team he was traded to.
So... The Bills traded McGahee, Spikes & Holcomb for Edwards, Stroud & Steve Johnson.
McGahee is in Baltimore making tons of money to frustrate his coaches. Spikes was released by Philadelphia & is now with the 49ers. Holcomb was traded by Philadelphia to Minnesota & is now retired. Even Darwin Walker was let go by the Bears & signed with Carolina. The sequence of trades wasn't a steal this was highway robbery because the Bills used those picks to get amazing value.Jesus, I'm buzzed, and I ain't gonna think this one fully out, and I'm just gonna go and accept what you said (since your #235).

That is f'n awesome.