PDA

View Full Version : Coach Sal's Week 2 picks

Coach Sal
09-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Feel free to let me have it for the Bills pick, but I've just seen this story play out too many times before. And to be quite honest, all the over-confidence here and other places scares the heck out of me.

Someone needs to keep these guys focused. You can thank me for taking one for the team. ;)

http://www.salsports.com/week_2_picks.htm

Of course I HOPE I'm wrong!

The Spaz
09-11-2008, 11:12 PM
You SOB!?:lol: :gobills:

ServoBillieves
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
As stated before, weather is weather in both cases. Both teams have to play in it. Rochester in summer is about the same (a little less, but still) as southern weather. Roscoe, Marcus, Trent, a lot of Bills have already played at least 2 years in hot weather. They're used to it. In other news though, I agree with most picks.

LtFinFan66
09-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Except for the fact that their entire training camp and preseason was in those conditions. I lived in Rome, NY for 2 years and that heat is nothing like the heat down here in Florida.

I thought I was gonna dies at the Fins game Sunday

ZacGriffi~82
09-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I don't get the popular pick of Jets over Pats.

njsue
09-12-2008, 12:47 AM
:nervous:

cocamide
09-12-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't get the popular pick of Jets over Pats.

Me neither. If I had the money, I'd bet the Pats kill the Jets on Sunday.

RingofFire
09-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Jets will hurt cassell

jamze132
09-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Jets barely beat the Dolphins. Patsies barely beat the Chiefs. I say Jets win this one...

Night Train
09-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Favre is planning on Playing D & covering kicks on ST's, so the Jets should roll. :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
09-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Feel free to let me have it for the Bills pick, but I've just seen this story play out too many times before. And to be quite honest, all the over-confidence here and other places scares the heck out of me.

Me too. I am afraid how people will react after a loss. Although I doubt Dick, crew and the team is over-confident.

SquishDaFish
09-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Good job Sal

Mitchy moo
09-12-2008, 06:22 AM
This game is not even close, Bills win.

/ homerism.

LtFinFan66
09-12-2008, 06:27 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/4944-1148027523.gif =:homer:

Mitchy moo
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM

LOL.

Jan Reimers
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
The Bills should certainly not be overconfident. In regard to the heat and humidity, we have practiced in hot weather all summer, and have many players from hot weather schools.

alohabillsfan
09-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Bills Win = not even close, our defense will pummel the kitty katz, and our O-line will give TE enough time to move those chains...

madness
09-12-2008, 10:44 AM

I bet :homer: would love Skooby Snacks too!

OpIv37
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
As stated before, weather is weather in both cases. Both teams have to play in it. Rochester in summer is about the same (a little less, but still) as southern weather. Roscoe, Marcus, Trent, a lot of Bills have already played at least 2 years in hot weather. They're used to it. In other news though, I agree with most picks.

dude, Rochester in summer is NOWHERE NEAR summer in the South. I grew up in Rochester and I live in Virginia now. The heat and humidity are oppressive and far worse than anything I experienced in Rochester growing up. And VA isn't nearly as bad as FL.

Google "dew point."

Also, it's been cool in Buffalo. Jax has had the advantage of practicing in this weather for two weeks whereas Buffalo has been practicing in more temperate conditions. You completely discounted that.

justasportsfan
09-12-2008, 10:51 AM

Someone needs to keep these guys focused. You can thank me for taking one for the team. ;)

http://www.salsports.com/week_2_picks.htm

Of course I HOPE I'm wrong!
I want the rep feature back especially the neg rep. :mad:

trapezeus
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
dude, Rochester in summer is NOWHERE NEAR summer in the South. I grew up in Rochester and I live in Virginia now. The heat and humidity are oppressive and far worse than anything I experienced in Rochester growing up. And VA isn't nearly as bad as FL.

Google "dew point."

Also, it's been cool in Buffalo. Jax has had the advantage of practicing in this weather for two weeks whereas Buffalo has been practicing in more temperate conditions. You completely discounted that.

The mitigant to the heat is to open fast and strong. play two great quarters and get a good cushion and demoralize the other team. This will let us get more backups in and out and give longer breaks.

The heat is only an issue if we are playing from behind.

OpIv37
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The mitigant to the heat is to open fast and strong. play two great quarters and get a good cushion and demoralize the other team. This will let us get more backups in and out and give longer breaks.

The heat is only an issue if we are playing from behind.

not true- it's all about TOP. If our D can't get off the field or our O can't stay on it, the score could be very close but we could be worn down to all hell. Remember the Tampa game in 05? That's exactly how it went.

trapezeus
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
right...that's why you open fast (and score points early). Get a good lead, like a 2 score lead. then you can ball control them. just another slow start like last week, that'll make the heat a bigger issue than it should be.

DraftBoy
09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
If we start slow like we did last week against a team who is going to be looking to make a statement after a bad week 1 we may never be in this game. Look for Jacksonville to come out strong and fast, if our O is sluggish it could be a bad day. If our O is on, we may be looking at a shootout.

Night Train
09-13-2008, 06:18 AM
The heat will also affect the grocery baggers the Jags are using for Offensive Linemen.

TigerJ
09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm picking the Bills, but I certainly can't fault someone for picking the Jaquars in this game. They have a formidable defense and the weather is a factor. I don't think there is a game on the schedule that isn't winnable for the Bills in view the events of week one (the injuries to Brady and Jacksonville's interior offensive linemen, Merriman's change of heart about surgery, and losses by Jacksonville and San Diego), but I don't expect Buffalo to be undefeated. It's just too hard to get through the season without a letdown and Buffalo cannot yet be categorized as an elite team. hey will drop the ball and have some bad games this season, and they are going to lose some games.

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 09:33 PM
No offense Coach Sal, but you were 8-7 last week.

Coach Sal
09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
No offense Coach Sal, but you were 8-7 last week.

None taken. I sucked last week. I think last year I had one sub-.500 week. I'm usually in the 9/10 win area at worst.

Quite honestly, one of the reasons I picked the Jags is because if I pick the Bills to win every single week, I think I lose credibility with non-Bills fans who go to my site (there are a lot of them).

Sometimes, I have to be "overly objective" when I pick their game just to show I'm not some idiot homer.

I think the Bills have an excellent shot to win this game, and of course, HOPE they do.

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
None taken. I sucked last week. I think last year I had one sub-.500 week. I'm usually in the 9/10 win area at worst.

Quite honestly, one of the reasons I picked the Jags is because if I pick the Bills to win every single week, I think I lose credibility with non-Bills fans who go to my site (there are a lot of them).

Sometimes, I have to be "overly objective" when I pick their game just to show I'm not some idiot homer.

I think the Bills have an excellent shot to win this game, and of course, HOPE they do.
I guess I can see that you wouldn't want to be seen as a homer. But if you objectively think that they're going to win, you should pick them and let your record speak for itself.

tampabay25690
09-14-2008, 06:33 AM

U are kidding me right. Rochester is the same as JAX in the Summer. The Bills never really play great in early games in FLORIDA. I TOTALLY disagree with you 150%%%.......The weather will be some what of a factor, it will be HUMID...

tampabay25690
09-14-2008, 06:37 AM
The Bills should certainly not be overconfident. In regard to the heat and humidity, we have practiced in hot weather all summer, and have many players from hot weather schools.

That has nothing to do with it. I grew up in BUFFALO and now live in FL Im in Buffalo right now and 60 degrees is cold to me.....The HOT HUMID weather will be a factor. The BILLS have to come out strong right out of the gate......

The BILLS practicing in the summer is different then the JAGS practicing in JAX.....