PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys, are the Jax Jaguars a legitimate test for the Bills?

blackonyx89
09-13-2008, 09:04 AM
I have to say no. We beat the Seahawks because they had an injured team and the Jax Jaguars are also banged up. If we beat the Jags that's great, but I want to see the Bills beat a team with a full healthy roster, especially on the road. If they do this, then we can really start thinking about being as absolute threat in the playoffs! Am I wrong in saying this? Feedback please.

DrGraves
09-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Nope this is a cupcake game. We are the best team in the AFC

justasportsfan
09-13-2008, 09:11 AM
if we beat the jags we are a team that legitimately beats teams we are suppose to beat. If we lose, it's gonna get ugly here on BZ. Suicide watch.

blackonyx89
09-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Nope this is a cupcake game. We are the best team in the AFC

Whoa! That's a pretty bold statement. I think we're the 3rd best. Indy and San Diego are better. The Pats are 4th.

gil
09-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Whoa! That's a pretty bold statement. I think we're the 3rd best. Indy and San Diego are better. The Pats are 4th.

Sarcasm not one of your strong suits I see.

Of course they're a legitimate test - I think your question is a bit presumptuous - I mean, we had a good week one,

let's not get carried away - at this point, EVERY team is a legitimate test for the Bills.

blackonyx89
09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Sarcasm not one of your strong suits I see.

Of course they're a legitimate test - I think your question is a bit presumptuous - I mean, we had a good week one,

let's not get carried away - at this point, EVERY team is a legitimate test for the Bills.

My bad about your sarcasm. LOL!

:poop:

baalworship
09-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I am more concerned with how our O does against their D. Our weakest link is our offense and if our offense can put points on the board I will start to think we are legit even if there are injured Jags on their o-line.

Meathead
09-13-2008, 09:19 AM
lmao

yeah one good game and the bills suddenly are the elite of the afc

lololololol

even in their current injured state the jags are likely slightly better than the bills. the jags are desperate after getting manhandled by an inferior division foe in week 1. AND this is their home opener

oh yeah that sounds like cake game to me

rofl :lolpoint: blackster

blackonyx89
09-13-2008, 09:19 AM
I am more concerned with how our O does against their D. Our weakest link is our offense and if our offense can put points on the board I will start to think we are legit even if there are injured Jags on their o-line.

Especially Trent, he needs to start slinging that ball more often when the opportunity comes. The Bills D and special teams can't do it all for him, he has to carry the team on his back when he needs to.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I think this is a very legitimate test. A game in heat, on the road, with a young team and a QB with 10 starts.

Last I looked, it was JAX defense that is te strength of their team. Who are they missing on the D?

Captain gameboy
09-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Every game is a test.
This is the NFL, not college, and we have done nothing with consistency to be called elite.

We have a second year QB and a weak receiving group.
We can assume nothing, especially on the road.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Every game is a test.
This is the NFL, not college, and we have done nothing with consistency to be called elite.

We have a second year QB and a weak receiving group.
We can assume nothing, especially on the road.

Wins are hard to come by, especially on the road. I could care less if JAX fields a local high school team, if we win it's another step towards better things.

Bufftp
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I humbly suggest,
The Bills need to take care of business in Jacksonville first,
otherwise this won't be a topic of discussion.

But heck, that just my view.

Typ0
09-13-2008, 12:58 PM
They are all professional football players. JAX is a better club than we are. It's in JAX. This is a tough game and not one we are walking into that we "should win" unless you are a complete blind homer. If we win that is a big step in the right direction.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 01:02 PM

I believe the Pats are still better then us. Cassel is also going to open some eyes. He knows the system as well as Brady does and he has alot of the physical tools you look for. The only thing, and its a big thing, is that he hasn't played in an NFL or college game. He also may break down later in the year from not being use to get xxx amount of snaps each game.

Can we honestly say that we have a better offense then New England? Can you say that we have a better defense? We certainly have better special teams but were just not a better team and I don't get why everybody is counting them out. They will beat the Jets this week too by the way.

TigerJ
09-13-2008, 08:00 PM
The Jaguars have a very good defense. They are healthy on defense too. I guess you can say the Jaguars are a good test for Buffalo's offense. If the game is a defensive slugfest and the Bills win by a score of 6-3, one might conclude that the Bills still need a lot of work on offense. I don't think you can say the same about the Jaguars offense. They are just too beat up. I suppose I should add a caveat though. If the Jaquar's run wild on the Bills in spite of their beat up offensive line, Perry Fewell will surely know he has to go back to the drawing board. I don't think, however, that the Bills can conclude they have an elide defense just because the Jaguars struggle.

MikeInRoch
09-14-2008, 10:01 AM
I think you are completely insane if you think that the Jags are such a bag team that they wouldn't even be a 'true test', especially on the road.