It's going to be a nice ride I can feel it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

It's going to be a nice ride I can feel it.

OK, let's be realistic here our schedule is very advantageous and that is going to make a difference. But it couldn't come at a better time. Our team is talented and they play like a team. We can sit back and watch our franchise QB develop and improve now.
    Last edited by Typ0; 09-13-2008, 10:39 AM.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: It's going to be a nice ride I can feel it.

I'm tempering my optimism until Sunday evening. This is a big game.

If we get a win tommorrow this is going to be a fun season to be a Biils fan.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

this is one of the better teams on the schedule and they are at home though. A win on sunday would be really really awesome but we're still going to have a good season and we're going to the playoffs. I have done studies about the playoffs and the teams with the weakest schedules make the playoffs.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I remember us 2 years ago being 2-0, it got us nowhere. Although I will admit the raiders week 3 look juicy for a even better start.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          I remember us 2 years ago being 2-0, it got us nowhere. Although I will admit the raiders week 3 look juicy for a even better start.

and our schedule was brutal that year. Things are different now. People grossly underestimate the impact the schedule has on getting into the playoffs.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

Trent Edwards is a franchise QB? I mean I like him but if he's our franchise QB we're in trouble. He's a slightly above average starting QB.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• seanbillsfan
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              Trent Edwards is a franchise QB? I mean I like him but if he's our franchise QB we're in trouble. He's a slightly above average starting QB.
              right now he is slightly above average. Watch him develop into a great qb throughout the season

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

You don't need a great QB to win in this league...all you need is a guy who limits mistakes and manages the game effectively.

I don't care if Edwards isn't a gamechanger...because that means he's not losing games either.

If all he is, is above average, then we're winning football games...ad winning is the most important part.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                  right now he is slightly above average. Watch him develop into a great qb throughout the season
                  He's above average right now? Ok lets go take a look at the NFL.

AFC East

Brett Favre
                  Chad Pennington

AFC North

Ben Roethlisberger
                  Derek Anderson
                  Carson Palmer

AFC South

David Garrard
                  Peyton Manning
                  Matt Schaub

AFC West

Jay Cutler
                  Philip Rivers

NFC East

Tony Romo
                  Donovan McNabb
                  Eli Manning

NFC North

Jon Kitna

NFC South

Drew Brees
                  Jake Delhomme
                  Jeff Garcia

NFC West

Kurt Warner
                  Matt Hasslebeck
                  Marc Bulger

Thats 20 QBs that I would say are better then Edwards right now. So he's better then 12 QBs and several teams (Patriots, Titans, Chiefs) are without their starting QBs right now. I'm not saying I don't like Edwards but he manages the game and that I like about him but he is by no means our franchise QB and we should not think that he is.
                  Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

wrong. We better hope his is or we're wasting more time looking for another guy. wake up people. TE is getting better. If you expect him to play like peyton manning or tom brady right now you are a dork. Maybe he will never have all the tools those guys have...but if he matures and continues to play smart we are in business and can move on with the ultimate objective.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                      wrong. We better hope his is or we're wasting more time looking for another guy. wake up people. TE is getting better. If you expect him to play like peyton manning or tom brady right now you are a dork. Maybe he will never have all the tools those guys have...but if he matures and continues to play smart we are in business and can move on with the ultimate objective.
                      In my opinion I don't think he's our future QB. At least I hope he's not. He's fine for now but if we want to make the next step we're going to need to improve the QB situation. Edwards is solid and he sure as hell isn't Manning or Brady. And i'm 1 of the few guys that was all for drafting Edwards in round 3 a year ago. We needed somebody to push Losman and he pushed him right out of the starting spot. I would just rather have a QB with more skills if we want to make it to the next level.
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

In my opinion I don't think he's our future QB. At least I hope he's not. He's fine for now but if we want to make the next step we're going to need to improve the QB situation. Edwards is solid and he sure as hell isn't Manning or Brady. And i'm 1 of the few guys that was all for drafting Edwards in round 3 a year ago. We needed somebody to push Losman and he pushed him right out of the starting spot. I would just rather have a QB with more skills if we want to make it to the next level.
                        I agree we need good skills at the position but I haven't discounted TE from having those skills and he's never demonstrated any weakness in skill either. We need to see. I disagree and hope that he's the right guy just so, as I said, we don't have to waste more time looking. that doesn't mean I think he's the right guy though...that's going to take a little time.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Because you need a star QB to win a championship...just ask guys like Mark Rypien, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Phil Simms, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning.

So yeah, you're right, we'll never take that next step without a STAR QB!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Because you need a star QB to win a championship...just ask guys like Mark Rypien, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Phil Simms, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning.

So yeah, you're right, we'll never take that next step without a STAR QB!
                            I never said a star QB. I said a better QB. And all those players had alot better players around them then we do. Hell I don't even think were 5 players away from the superbowl let alone 1.
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I never said a star QB. I said a better QB. And all those players had alot better players around them then we do. Hell I don't even think were 5 players away from the superbowl let alone 1.
                              Um yeah ya did...you said that Trent is above average and above average doesn't equate to franchise.

So what then does franchise equate to if it isn't star?

Comment

Working...
                              X