PDA

View Full Version : Does Trents left arm bother anyone else?

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm 100% behind Trent, but for some reason, the way he holds his left arm when he throws looks weird to me.

hydro
09-13-2008, 12:38 PM
His mechanics seem fine to me. What about that bothers you?

bills_7
09-13-2008, 12:38 PM
havent noticed it but il take a look

Philagape
09-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I haven't slept since Sunday thinking about it.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 12:50 PM
His mechanics seem fine to me. What about that bothers you?

It seems high when he releases the ball. Look at it on the long pass to Evans in the Seattle game. Even on shorter passes it seems like it almost crosses his body.

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 01:08 PM
I haven't slept since Sunday thinking about it.

:lol::rofl:

Captain gameboy
09-13-2008, 02:24 PM
I've noticed it too.
He kind of flashes his left hand open when he makes short and intermediate throws.
I also noticed last year that when he throws long he really gets his back foot up on the follow through.
Interestingly, on that really under thrown ball to Evans last week he didn't do that.

Ebenezer
09-13-2008, 02:29 PM
He could put a Pinto on his head and have fireworks coming out his butt for all I care...complete passes and win games. There are times when coaches put way too much emphasis on somethings...I'm trying to think back - I think it was Palmer with Jax...had all four QBs on the preseason roster moving in absolute unison during practice...looked great - team sucked. This is not figure skating in the Olympics...we are not worried about the Bulgarian judge taking off 0.2 points because he finger wasn't pointed at Canton, OH during a TD pass.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 02:33 PM
He could put a Pinto on his head and have fireworks coming out his butt for all I care...complete passes and win games. There are times when coaches put way too much emphasis on somethings...I'm trying to think back - I think it was Palmer with Jax...had all four QBs on the preseason roster moving in absolute unison during practice...looked great - team sucked. This is not figure skating in the Olympics...we are not worried about the Bulgarian judge taking off 0.2 points because he finger wasn't pointed at Canton, OH during a TD pass.

Too much coffee this morning????

Ebenezer
09-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Too much coffee this morning????
I despise coffee.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 02:35 PM
It was just an observation Eb.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2008, 02:37 PM

:up:

You hit the nail on the head.

Bernie Kosar had the worst mechanics I've ever seen out of any QB I've ever watched. Threw the ball from literally 10 different arm angles. Took a cheat step back in to his dropback that made it look like he'd fall over half the time. Didn't look like he was the guy with the big arm to beat you deep.

But he won games and I believe still holds the NFL record for most attempts without an INT at like 318.

If it works, it works....you don't have to look pretty while doing it.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
All I'm saying is that it looks funky. Kosar had that side arm which looked funky too. What's the big deal :idunno:

Mitchy moo
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
We have to find things wrong on here.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I never stated it was a wrong way to throw, I never stated that it was flawed, mechanically it looks different to me. Guys are pretty sensitive today

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I never stated it was a wrong way to throw, I never stated that it was flawed, mechanically it looks different to me. Guys are pretty sensitive today

You did say "does it bother anyone else" meaning you thought there was something wrong with it.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Well does it? yes/no. Plain and simple.

hydro
09-13-2008, 02:57 PM
No.

Ebenezer
09-13-2008, 02:59 PM
It was just an observation Eb.
:D naturally energized!!

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 03:03 PM
:D naturally energized!!

:rofl:

DBrown77
09-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I think he likes to sit on his left hand to get ready for a stranger

Mski
09-13-2008, 05:41 PM
:up:

But he won games and I believe still holds the NFL record for most attempts without an INT at like 318.

i think girrard broke it last year, but im probably wrong :idunno:

Wally The Barber
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM
As long as he completes passes he can stick his left arm up his jersey while throwing the ball.

TigerJ
09-13-2008, 05:43 PM
I've noticed it too.
He kind of flashes his left hand open when he makes short and intermediate throws.
I also noticed last year that when he throws long he really gets his back foot up on the follow through.
Interestingly, on that really under thrown ball to Evans last week he didn't do that.Maybe Alex van Pelt needs to work with Trent. He needs the funky left arm action to insure accuracy.

Ingtar33
09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
his footwork is fine... but that's common for WCO QBs...

his throwing motion is a little odd... but there is nothing wrong with it.

LABillsFan
09-13-2008, 09:28 PM
his footwork is fine... but that's common for WCO QBs...

his throwing motion is a little odd... but there is nothing wrong with it.

That's all I was trying to say.

PECKERWOOD
09-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Talk about a nit picking!

Captain gameboy
09-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe Alex van Pelt needs to work with Trent. He needs the funky left arm action to insure accuracy.

I don't think there's a thing wrong with it.
I think the hand flashing thingy instead of the traditional arm split is part of the reason his release is quick.

It's just something that a little different and I noticed it as well.

trapezeus
09-14-2008, 09:32 AM
if it wasn't observed about Trent where that usually sets off a bashing or loving for the guy, i think it would have been a fairly interesting observation for all and we'd look for it.

i think some are just concerned that it being overly sensitive and trying to start something when nothing has been said for a couple weeks on the QB debate.

That all being said, i'll look for that left arm thing to see if i notice it.