PDA

View Full Version : A freind of Mine won CBS.sportsline essay of the week

Dozerdog
09-13-2008, 12:44 PM
My pal Russ, who is a buddy of my Best Man Chuck, won an essay contest on CBS sportsline.

Apparently fans of each team go head to head and their essays are graded. The schedule mirrors the NFL schedule, so he beat out some illiterate goober living in Jacksonville.

Both Russ and Chuck will be at the Jags game Sunday- Enjoy!

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/mayhem/nfl/wee
Bills - "The Comeback", January 3, 1993

The Bills had just completed the 1992 regular season with a 27-3 loss at Houston, while also losing QB Jim Kelly to a knee injury. With backup QB Frank Reich at the helm against the Oilers in a Wild Card game the following week and RB Thurman Thomas lost to a hip injury, Houston raced to a 28-3 halftime lead.

When Frank Reich's first pass of the second half was intercepted and returned for a touchdown by Bubba McDowell, Buffalo found themselves in a seemingly insurmountable 35-3 hole.

But the Bills' teams of the early 90's shared some uncommon character resembling that of their home city and loyal, rabid fans…

PRIDE: Kenneth Davis, 1-yard touchdown run, 35-10 HOU

HOPE: Steve Christie recovers his own onside kick; Don Beebe 38-yard touchdown pass from Frank Reich, 35-17 HOU

SPIRIT: Andre Reed 26-yard touchdown pass from Frank Reich, 35-24 HOU

DETERMINATION: 4th down and 5 from Oilers 18 yard line; Andre Reed 18-yard touchdown pass from Frank Reich, 35-31 HOU

CONFIDENCE: Andre Reed 17-yard touchdown pass from Frank Reich, 38-35 BUF

RESILIENCE: After Houston tied the game at 38 to force overtime, Nate Odomes intercepted Warren Moon setting up Steve Christie's game winning 32-yard field goal

Final: Buffalo 41, Houston 38 (OT)

No moment before or since that day in Orchard Park, New York, could better define the special bond felt by an entire community for their team.

shelby
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Sweet!!

SquishDaFish
09-13-2008, 01:24 PM
:clap:

Mitchy moo
09-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Bought a bottle opener at the airport on the way out of town that has Van Miller calling fandimonium!!