PDA

View Full Version : If Henry didn't fumble so much.....

Earthquake Enyart
04-28-2003, 08:19 AM
None of this would have happened. :shakeno:

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 08:20 AM
I think we still would have picked McGahee ... if Palmer dropped to 23, I doubt we would have passed on him.

Valerie
04-28-2003, 08:23 AM
While that may be true, Earthquake. I still don't think picking up an injured draft pick was the way to go. If he's already injured now, before his career even starts, this could be a sign of injuries to come. Knees are a funny thing and I think as soon as you start having problems and surgeries on them, you're bound to have problems and surgeries on them the rest of your life. I don't care how good this guy is/was in college, I can't see him becoming a star in the NFL.

TedMock
04-28-2003, 08:26 AM
The last knee injury we all worried about was Thurman Thomas. He did just fine. I know he actually played his senior season but that knee was the reason everybody passed. We weren't even supposed to get a first round pick, we got Kelsay in the 2nd anyway so if McGahee comes back, what a bonus.

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 08:31 AM
i was just getting ready to say.. thurman thomas.

i do agree with EE.. if henry didnt fumble all year long, and put up the same stats.. we would not have drafted WM..

if henry only had one or two fumbles.. we also would have made the playoffs.

Valerie
04-28-2003, 08:33 AM
I guess I'm skeptical. I won't believe he's going to be fine and produce until he actually does.

TedMock
04-28-2003, 08:34 AM
absolutely. also, at worst Henry's a little pissed and puts forth extra effort this season. If McGahee doesn't return 100% so be it, maybe he ends up a change of pace guy for the rest of his career, if he does completely heal then we'll get something good for Henry.

TedMock
04-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I guess I'm skeptical. I won't believe he's going to be fine and produce until he actually does.

That's understandable. Don't forget we have Tom Donahoe running the show and has he disappointed us yet? Be patient and have faith.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 08:36 AM
With TD at the helm, we might have.

Even if McGahee never took a snap for the Bills, TD could have (and still might) trade McGahee for some picks in a better draft down the road. Imagine dealing him to the Texans or Minnesota for 2 first rounders in 2004/2005?

Call it an investment in the future.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
None of this would have happened. :shakeno:

I agree. Not only does Henry have a fumble problem, he also has a problem of not being able to break a big run.

Henry was benched last year because he fumbles so much. Only reason he came back in was because we didnt have a quality back-up.

I still remember his Denver fumble that was ran back for a Touchdown. Without that fumble we might have won that game since we lost it by less then 7 points.

And then there was the Detroit game when the Bills were trying to run out the clock and Henry fumbles. It took a good play by Fletcher to keep the Bills from losing that game.

McGahee was the best player on the board when the Bills drafted him. We would of went with a Defensive pick if 12 of them were not picked before the Bills picked. Why pick a leftover D-lineman when you can get a future star?

Earthquake Enyart
04-28-2003, 09:38 AM
Something told me that TD wasn't going to take the 10th best DL in the first round. :eek:

And remember, if you take away TH's long runs, his average wasn't very good. :biggrin:

Pride
04-28-2003, 09:49 AM
:lol: EE

The Spaz
04-28-2003, 10:18 AM
I still think we would ahve drafted Henry even if he didn't fumble. Tom Donahoe and Co. had him listed way higher than the remaining prospects available. Go Bills!

ublinkwescore
04-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Some of you guys were saying prior to the draft that we should just take the best player available - well we did.

Be careful what you wish for if you don't like this pick.

I personally see TD getting rid of one of our backs before the start of the regular season, and it won't be Travis Henry - Get ready to pack your bags again Gary/McGahee.

The_Philster
04-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Best player available that we can use. Unless we're going with a wishbone offense and waste our WR talent or we trade away a RB, we can't use McGahee right now. After signing Gary and extending Henry, I fail to see the logic behind this pick...especially with his injury.

casdhf
04-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Who would you have taken?

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Best player available that we can use. Unless we're going with a wishbone offense and waste our WR talent or we trade away a RB, we can't use McGahee right now. After signing Gary and extending Henry, I fail to see the logic behind this pick...especially with his injury.

We can't use him now- that's the logic.

He's hurt. We can afford to let him sit and heal. There were no players available that could impact our team immediatly- even in a need position.

He has a shot at being one of this team's greatest ever- he has the talent.

Worth a first round pick (that we practically were gifted) in an otherwise weak draft.

I guess we shuld have used it for Eric Flowers Jr. :rolleyes:

The_Philster
04-28-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Who would you have taken?

I'm not sure...I probably would have traded down and picked up someone who could've provided immediate depth. All I can say is this...I hope to :angry: he's not making a good deal of money in 2003 if he's on the PUP list or IR.

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 04:44 PM
phil.. it takes 2 teams to trade down man.. and no one wanted to trade up for the crap that was on the board when we picked.

The_Philster
04-28-2003, 04:51 PM
I wonder how hard we tried to trade down? There were a number of players who got drafted a LOT later than projected. I doubt the teams that wanted these players actually knew they'd drop is what I'm saying.

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
I think the reason a lot of those players dropped is because there was so much movement at the front of the draft. Most mock drafts are made without any trades factored in, so they pick a need position for every team, not necessarily guys that are 1st round talent, but guys that are close enough, the team may pick them if they're stuck there. When a whole bunch of teams move up like on Saturday, it changes the needs of the teams at the back end, so different players move up.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 05:03 PM
I wonder how hard we tried to trade down? There were a number of players who got drafted a LOT later than projected. I doubt the teams that wanted these players actually knew they'd drop is what I'm saying.

Maybee the 32 teams (the profesionals at this) knew these guys sucked and the amatures (us, and the draftnik bozos) really don't know crap.

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 05:09 PM
I think Dozer hit the nail on the head ... Rien Long, Kelley Washington, Torin Tucker anyone?

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 05:13 PM
Man! That's the third time today somebody said I was right.....

:D

I'm on a roll baby!

justasportsfan
04-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Man! That's the third time today somebody said I was right.....

:D

I'm on a roll baby!

Well let me be the first to say you're wrong :snicker:

This is what will happen, TD will fabricate another WM workout where WM will squat 300 lbs. on one leg , sprint the 40 in 3 secs. and leap a Michael Jordan type 48" vertical leap and then trade him for a 1st pick next year. :fab:

Kevikid
04-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Most mock drafts are like copied college psets. One person does em all, and everyone feeds off that one. We can't get rid of McGahee. No way are we dropping him, and if we do try to trade him, we need to trade him for other rookies (rookie pool allocation says each team can only give so much to rookies) of equal worth, which will not happen, because teams could have just drafted McGahee or we could've drafted their players in the first place. We will have TH, OL, WG as running backs, SG, PC, and SM as fullbacks, or we will just be honest and leave Sammy with the title of special teams captain.

Tatonka
04-28-2003, 06:28 PM

ingtar said TD called his team.. and it was a 15 second conversation.. NO.. click..

BagdadBob
04-28-2003, 06:35 PM
:rofl: :lol:

"No thanks- I don't need Sears siding"

Kevikid
04-28-2003, 06:41 PM
what i like about baghdad bob is his wonderful insight and how he even has the local time right. haha

HenryRules
04-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Who are OL and WG?