• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Jay Glazer is not on the bandwagon

Buffalo's dominance? ReversesThey have all the makings of a good, young football team and Dick Jauron's clubs are always well-coached. However, this dominating? I call fluke on that first game. With that said, I do believe they are a solid up-and-coming team and Marshawn Lynch is destined for eventual Pro Bowl stardom.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

This is a huge statement game that i believe we must win

• LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: Jay Glazer is not on the bandwagon

Its an AFC team that will be in the playoff hunt come December. Division and Conference wins are key.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
      shelby's big brother smilie smilie
      • Mar 2007

Yea he is right it was one game.... One important win in the books never the less.

Comment

• B-DON
        hi
        • Mar 2004

I was just saying last week that glazer never has anything good to say about the bills. Oh well its his opinion

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I think you're misrepresenting Glazer. He's not saying the Bills are bad. He's just being cautious. "I do believe they are a solid up-and-coming team and Marshawn Lynch is destined for eventual Pro Bowl stardom." That's not an anti-Bills sentiment. He's essenitally saying the Bills looked like and elite team against the Seahawks, but that looks can be deceiving. It will take more than one game to demonstrate that the Bills are that good, and it is entirely possible they are not. They still need to grow and get better. I rather suspect Dick Jauron would agree with Glazer, except he might be more cautious.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mski
            • Mar 2006

i said it once before, but the game against the seahwaks was a bad example to show what our d will be like for the rest of the season.... our d had absolutely no respect for Seattle's passing game, and rightfully so, we could have rushed 11 guys on every play and left their WR's open all day long, and they still wouldnt have been able to catch the ball...... we are not going to play another team this year with a WR core that poor
            RIP Tommy D!
            12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

i don't think last week was a fluke....however, i'm not ready to declare us the AFC East champs yet either.

There is a lot of talent on this team....if they can keep it together, avoid injuries, and play disciplined football, they will win.

This game in Jacksonville is huge for the Bills.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Jay Glazer predicted that the Bills would be the worst team in the NFL last year. He, like all the other "experts," can't predict the future to save his life.

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

Yeah and once the bills win tomorrow im sure he'll say the bills are the best team ever. these guys don't have any more insight than the casual fan.

Comment

• Dujek
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2008

The Bills haven't become world beaters overnight, I happen to agree with Glazer to a point. Last week's win was great, but everything clicked and that won't happen every week. The Bills' are a young talented team with the potential to beat anyone on any day. They also have the potential to fall to pieces if things don't work out. If they can win a couple of games ugly as well as winning the games where everything goes right then I'll be ecstatic.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Actually he is just being real, one game at a time. If we are sitting with a .750 record at the end of the year, they'll chalk it up to our schedule. We win a playoff game, we are better than most. Conference finals, great year. Superbowl win, team of destiny.

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

I don't think it was a fluke, simply b/c of how great our defense played, but if all ya do is look at the score of last week's game, you'd think our offense was real good, and they were just average. I tell ya what, injuries or not, the Jags are a good football team, and if we run the ball 2morrow, like we did last week, the Jags could easily beat us, but I don't see that happening.

Bills 20
                        Jags 14
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

This is a big game for the Bills (yeah, I know, they're all big...). On the road, against a conference rival, against a good team with a tough defense that is favored to get a playoff spot, in hot weather, etc.

The Bills don't have to dominate (it's not likely that they will). They just have to win.

That won't be easy.

But, it would set them up nicely to make a serious run at a playoff berth this season. And, would potentially give them a tie-breaker against one of the teams that has been projected as a possible Wild Card contender.

A lot of the media see the Bills as "an up-and-coming" team that still hasn't proven itself to be a real playoff contender. A win this week would give the Bills credibility in their eyes.

A win would also give the Bills a degree of confidence that could be extremely important over the course of the rest of the season.

So, yeah, IMHO it's a big game for the Bills. Perhaps bigger than any game that they will play before their bye week.
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                          X