PDA

View Full Version : Rookies

Lefty2985
09-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Anybody have any idea when we will see mckelvin and/or hardy on the field to actually make an impact. i seen them both maybe five plays between both of them last week. i understands wrs are hard to make an impact but mckelvin should at least get some kickoff return work. i hope tom he gets a chance.

Confused
09-13-2008, 05:23 PM
I would like to see leodis cover KR's.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 05:32 PM
McKelvin is coming from Troy. Thats a huge step going from there to the NFL. Even though he did do well against Caldwell vs Florida(1 catch 8 yards) and Massaquoi vs Georgia (2 catches 27 yards) arguably the top 2 teams they faced. It takes a while for a guy to adjust especially a CB. A guy like DeMarcus Ware can jump right in there and just hit the quarterback. He is coming into a complex defense.

DrGraves
09-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Don't change what works. The Bills dominated without them, don't mess with that. Their time will come, but until then go with proven guys. And Mcgee is a great return man, and so is Roscoe. As a Bills fan I DONT want to see Leodis back there until those guys are slowed down.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Don't change what works. The Bills dominated without them, don't mess with that. Their time will come, but until then go with proven guys. And Mcgee is a great return man, and so is Roscoe. As a Bills fan I DONT want to see Leodis back there until those guys are slowed down.

We're not as good as it looks in week 1. We definetly need both of them to make an impact if we want to make the playoffs. We need to get McKelvin the ball on returns to give these guys a blow.

DrGraves
09-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Wrong, Roscoe is the best punt return man in the league IMO. I mean he avgs the most per return in the league.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Wrong, Roscoe is the best punt return man in the league IMO. I mean he avgs the most per return in the league.

I'm not doubting that he is. And I know what he has done but he got tired at the end of last year. You need to make sure he's strong the whole year and McKelvin is a very good returning himself so you won't be losing alot.

hydro
09-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm not doubting that he is. And I know what he has done but he got tired at the end of last year. You need to make sure he's strong the whole year and McKelvin is a very good returning himself so you won't be losing alot.
I actually agree with this. I would rather not have our #1 CB and #3 WR getting worn down by return duties. If anything McKelvin can go in there and some of the beating while giving our important playmakers on O and D some rest.

Lefty2985
09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
i am not really talking about punt returns all that much with how great parrish is but maybe give terrance a break and let him give some positive impact to the team.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:27 PM
i am not really talking about punt returns all that much with how great parrish is but maybe give terrance a break and let him give some positive impact to the team.

Well Parrish if you remember looked completely different at the end of the year. He looked like he slowed down and didn't have that great quickness. If McKelvin took some of those returns I think it would benefit this team. I mean its really not that much of a downgrade.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Ive got a Hardy jersey so if he doesnt play, it will be a waste.

hydro
09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Ive got a Hardy jersey so if he doesnt play, it will be a waste.

Send an email to Jauron. He will be heart broken and be sure to start him tomorrow :up:

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Send an email to Jauron. He will be heart broken and be sure to start him tomorrow :up:

I know, im crying just thinking about it.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2008, 04:01 AM
If the heat is as bad as it is supposed to be, I think both rookies will see more playing time than they did last week. But, how much more will probably depend on the circumstances within the game.

Hardy barely saw the field last week because the Bills only ran three plays in the red zone all game. The Bills said that, because of the injury that he had in the preseason, Hardy is behind in certain aspects of the game and, therefore, they have only had him working in a package that has a limited number of plays at this point. Given that his size gives the team a bigger advantage in the red zone than elsewhere on the field, that's probably where they will use him first and the most.

But, they will have to get into the red zone and choose to run the plays that are in the package that he plays in when they get there for him to see much action.

The fact that Parrish missed at least one day of practice with a foot injury could mean that McKelvin will return some or even all of the punts this week. However, since turnovers could be crucial to winning this game, Jauron may also decide against using a rookie, especially for punts likely to go deep into Bills' territory, in a game like this--particularly after the poor judgement that McKelvin showed returning punts in the last preseason game against the Lions. Still, depending on how Parrish feels and how much they want to protect him for use on offense, we could see McKelvin returning at least some punts.

Similarly, because of the heat, the Bills' coaching staff may not to have McGee tiring himself out on kick returns and may let McKelvin step in for him. Hopefully, Jacksonville won't be kicking off that often, so McKelvin won't have many more opportunities to return kicks than he did in the Seattle game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a chance to take at least one back.

However, if the Bills' front seven doesn't do a good job of shutting down the Jags, the heat could result in McKelvin seeing more playing time on defense, spelling McGee and/or Greer on the outside when they need a rest. I actually think that he could.

The more plays Hardy gets in (as long as the Bills end up scoring TDs!) and the fewer that McKelvin plays, the better!!!

tampabay25690
09-14-2008, 06:28 AM
McKelvin is coming from Troy. Thats a huge step going from there to the NFL. Even though he did do well against Caldwell vs Florida(1 catch 8 yards) and Massaquoi vs Georgia (2 catches 27 yards) arguably the top 2 teams they faced. It takes a while for a guy to adjust especially a CB. A guy like DeMarcus Ware can jump right in there and just hit the quarterback. He is coming into a complex defense.

Caldwell was hurt in that game!!

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Caldwell was hurt in that game!!

Yeah but Caldwell played late into late in the 3rd quarter and with that lead he probably would have rested most of the 4th anyway. Not to mention McKelvin didn't allow another catch when Caldwell went out.