PDA

View Full Version : One Good Thing About Drafting McGahee

Earthquake Enyart
04-28-2003, 08:24 AM
You can bet that TD gets him to sign for TD's number. A hold out doesn't hurt us as much as a normal round 1 hold out would.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 08:30 AM
exactly-

The only issue is if he does not sign at all. Being an underclassmen, does this entitle him to go back into the 2004 draft if unsigned?

But I seriously doubt he will take that route. He took a Lloyd's of London insurance policy before the injury and could have collected 2 million, but gave that up to go into the draft. He needs to secure some scratch now, or risk losing more money in case he does not fully recover.

I think you will see a very heavily laden w/ incentive contract.

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 08:31 AM
If he meets the incentives, Henry is a goner and Henry's money will be freed up.

Earthquake Enyart
04-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Henry just signed that cap friendly extension. :snicker: Makes him easier to trade.

Earthquake Enyart
04-28-2003, 08:36 AM
When the Texans were talking about Drew Henson, they said that they held his rights until the next draft, so I would assume that the same is true with Willis.

Maybe we can get the silly agent to outsmart himself and sign a original Ricky Williams type of deal. :snicker:

Dozerdog
04-28-2003, 08:38 AM
I beleive Henson is now a Senior. I don't know if that has any impact. I guess not.