PDA

View Full Version : Keys to 2morrow's game

elltrain22
09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I like our chances for tomorrow's game a whole lot. I think that this game is very winable, and if we can get this "W" it sets us up for a very promising start to the season. Here are just a few things we need to do, in order to win tomorrow's game.

1. Run the ball effectively- Our run game was very inconsistent last week. The O-line needs to be quicker off the snap, and they must be more physical then they were last week. I believe w/ film study, and of course, w/ Peters back in the fold, our run game will be better than it was last week.

2. Continue to stop the run- Last week, we were great at stopping the run, and w/ the Jags banged up, you would think this is a very favorable matchup for us here.

3. Work James Hardy into the scheme- He is too good not to get any targets. Maybe this is me just being a fan here, but I wanna see this sucker play!!

4. Limit turnovers on offense- Ya gotta think the Jags dee is trying to scheme every blitz package, and as many diff' wrinkles to confuse Trent Edwards. IMO, w/ the Jags injuries, this is a big way they can win this game (fumble, int's, sacks, etc)

5. Effeciency on offense- Not saying we need to score everytime (although I wish that was the case), but we need to limit 3 and outs.

DynaPaul
09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Our offense is really going to have to get into the rhythm quick because Jacksonville has a great defense. This has the possibility of being a low-scoring defensive battle. I hope the O steps up. The D, well I know they're going to play good.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I like our chances for tomorrow's game a whole lot. I think that this game is very winable, and if we can get this "W" it sets us up for a very promising start to the season. Here are just a few things we need to do, in order to win tomorrow's game.

1. Run the ball effectively- Our run game was very inconsistent last week. The O-line needs to be quicker off the snap, and they must be more physical then they were last week. I believe w/ film study, and of course, w/ Peters back in the fold, our run game will be better than it was last week.

2. Continue to stop the run- Last week, we were great at stopping the run, and w/ the Jags banged up, you would think this is a very favorable matchup for us here.

3. Work James Hardy into the scheme- He is too good not to get any targets. Maybe this is me just being a fan here, but I wanna see this sucker play!!

4. Limit turnovers on offense- Ya gotta think the Jags dee is trying to scheme every blitz package, and as many diff' wrinkles to confuse Trent Edwards. IMO, w/ the Jags injuries, this is a big way they can win this game (fumble, int's, sacks, etc)

5. Effeciency on offense- Not saying we need to score everytime (although I wish that was the case), but we need to limit 3 and outs.

I agree but our running game was not inconsistant last week. We had a solid rushing attack and Lynch only had 18 carries. If he had 25+, he wouldve gotten around 90-100 yards.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:38 PM
We need to run off tackle to the Walkers side. I really think we could take advantage of Hayward. Jags have a solid secondary so it may be tough to throw to and Mathis and company will probably shut down Evans. Hardy needs to make some kind of impact if not just to scare teams with his size. Could take advantage of Hardy on a small guy like Starks.

shelby
09-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Good posts....i'd like to see Lynch have a 100 + yard day.

PECKERWOOD
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM

I would love to see a freak game where Lynch gets 150+, he definately has the talent to do it.

ServoBillieves
09-13-2008, 11:08 PM

I most certainly agree with shelby on this one. If he can put up 100 against that D, then we're golden.

Also, I'll add a #6 and #7 to the list.

#6 Make Roscoe drop less passes that hit him on the hands :op:

and

#7 Pressure, pressure, pressure, sack and distract David Garrard. I respect him GREATLY as a quarterback, he's a generally nice guy, I like his play style. I'll also toss in I like Maurice Jones-Drew a whole lot too, he's incredibly gifted and incredibly strong, fast, and talented for his size. I wish the utmost best for both of them, but if the Bills front 7 can abuse the injuries to the OL, I think this game becomes a bit lopsided.

But then again, these backups are in the NFL for a reason. They're NFL quality.

Any given Sunday folks.

shelby
09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
This game will be a challenge for us. i'm still not sold on Trent, and i'm hoping he has a solid game and inspires my confidence in him.

i know Jax's o line is banged up, but they are still a good team, and i'm not ready to write this game off as a win yet.

:gobills:

Al the Bills Fan
09-13-2008, 11:58 PM
This game will be a challenge for us. i'm still not sold on Trent, and i'm hoping he has a solid game and inspires my confidence in him.

i know Jax's o line is banged up, but they are still a good team, and i'm not ready to write this game off as a win yet.

:gobills:

Agree completely, this is not going to be an easy win! It is a game we can win, but not easy by any means.

We have to win the Line battle on both sides of the ball, do that and we win

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Agree completely, this is not going to be an easy win! It is a game we can win, but not easy by any means.

We have to win the Line battle on both sides of the ball, do that and we win

I agree.

Winning against a quality opponent on the road is never easy in the NFL. Jacksonville's offensive line and WRs may be banged up, but their defense isn't. And, pretty much this same defense did a pretty good job of holding the Bills down last season when these two teams played in Jacksonville. This is by no means going to be a cakewalk.

I'm expecting a tight, defensive struggle where winning the battle on both sides of the line will be crucial to winning the game for the Bills.