X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dasaybz
    • Apr 2005

Our O vs. Jax's D.

This is my biggest concern for the game. I do feel very confident that we'll be able to put some points on the board, but there is no guarantee that we'll be able to do so consistently. Jax pretty much beat us up in every way last year, and they are a very tough hard nosed team. I don't think this is going to be a cake walk like many on this board are predicting.

How is our OLine going to handle the excellent front 4 of the Jags?

Will Trent start out slow again like he did against Seattle? If he does, will he be able to bounce back?

How is Peters going to play after missing out on everything offseason related?

Turnovers are always a key to victory, if the Bills have a shot against this Jaguars team, they cannot turn the ball over.

This game is going to be much much tougher than most people here think it will be.

• Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Re: Our O vs. Jax's D.

Originally posted by dasaybz
    This is my biggest concern for the game. I do feel very confident that we'll be able to put some points on the board, but there is no guarantee that we'll be able to do so consistently. Jax pretty much beat us up in every way last year, and they are a very tough hard nosed team. I don't think this is going to be a cake walk like many on this board are predicting.

How is our OLine going to handle the excellent front 4 of the Jags?

Will Trent start out slow again like he did against Seattle? If he does, will he be able to bounce back?

How is Peters going to play after missing out on everything offseason related?

Turnovers are always a key to victory, if the Bills have a shot against this Jaguars team, they cannot turn the ball over.

This game is going to be much much tougher than most people here think it will be.

If we were able to be successfull vs a team with a pro bowl LB, DE, and CB, then Jags shouldnt be much different. Trufant, Kerney, Tatupu (I was close!) are much better than anything the Jags have.

I predict Trent has 203 yards, 1 TD, and has a 61 CPT. Lynch has 83 yards, 1 TD. Hardy has the passing TD.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Well, let's break it down. Peters on Spicer? Peters wins. Walker on Hayward? Again Walker wins. Dockery-Fowler-Butler on Henderson and Meier? I think stalemate. But this year, the Bills have Trent starting instead of JP, Marshawn will be playing and splitting time with Freddie, and Turk will be calling some real plays.

This isn't the same Bills offense from last year. And just look at what Vince Young did last week, with less.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
        Well, let's break it down. Peters on Spicer? Peters wins. Walker on Hayward? Again Walker wins. Dockery-Fowler-Butler on Henderson and Meier? I think stalemate. But this year, the Bills have Trent starting instead of JP, Marshawn will be playing and splitting time with Freddie, and Turk will be calling some real plays.

This isn't the same Bills offense from last year. And just look at what Vince Young did last week, with less.
        Agreed and remember we didn't have Lynch last year for the Jags either.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
          Agreed and remember we didn't have Lynch last year for the Jags either.
          I made mention of it, but I guess it didn't come across well enough.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

I'm not sold on Peters winning that. Not sure if he's going to be ready right away. And I think Hayward wins there too. And i'd also say that their DTs win as well. I think the Bills win but its going to be a tough game. A low scoring game and the Bills take it 20-13
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

I made mention of it, but I guess it didn't come across well enough.
              Sorry I have been downing a few Rum and Cokes.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                I'm not sold on Peters winning that. Not sure if he's going to be ready right away. And I think Hayward wins there too. And i'd also say that their DTs win as well. I think the Bills win but its going to be a tough game. A low scoring game and the Bills take it 20-13
                The Bills allowed just 1 sack and 4 QB hurries to the Jags last year, and that was with the very sackable JP and no running game (because Lynch was out and the coaches kept feeding the ball to Anthony Thomas). Trent has better awareness, Lynch and Jackson will be raring to go and both are much better in blitz pickups this year.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Sorry I have been downing a few Rum and Cokes.
                  Completely understandable. I used to love them (before I gave up soda).

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

The Bills allowed just 1 sack and 4 QB hurries to the Jags last year, and that was with the very sackable JP and no running game (because Lynch was out and the coaches kept feeding the ball to Anthony Thomas). Trent has better awareness, Lynch and Jackson will be raring to go and both are much better in blitz pickups this year.
                    I know what happened last year I'm just telling you what I think when I look at those matchups.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

I know what happened last year I'm just telling you what I think when I look at those matchups.
                      So you think we are worse than last year even without those injuries?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

VY almost killed himself this week and he won, go figure.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                          • Feb 2005

So you think we are worse than last year even without those injuries?
                          No. The individual matchups I would take the Jags. Its not an individual game.
                          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

No. The individual matchups I would take the Jags. Its not an individual game.
                            I agree I just think our 0-line is even better than last year and combine that with Lynch I like the matchups. We will see tomorrow of course how it turns out. Go Bills!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

QB- buffalo
                              RB- Jack
                              WR- Buf
                              TE- buf
                              OL- Buf
                              DL- Buf
                              LB- Buf
                              DB- Tie
                              ST- buffalo

Im not sure whats not to get?