PDA

View Full Version : Our O vs. Jax's D.

dasaybz
09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
This is my biggest concern for the game. I do feel very confident that we'll be able to put some points on the board, but there is no guarantee that we'll be able to do so consistently. Jax pretty much beat us up in every way last year, and they are a very tough hard nosed team. I don't think this is going to be a cake walk like many on this board are predicting.

How is our OLine going to handle the excellent front 4 of the Jags?

Will Trent start out slow again like he did against Seattle? If he does, will he be able to bounce back?

How is Peters going to play after missing out on everything offseason related?

Turnovers are always a key to victory, if the Bills have a shot against this Jaguars team, they cannot turn the ball over.

This game is going to be much much tougher than most people here think it will be.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:05 PM
This is my biggest concern for the game. I do feel very confident that we'll be able to put some points on the board, but there is no guarantee that we'll be able to do so consistently. Jax pretty much beat us up in every way last year, and they are a very tough hard nosed team. I don't think this is going to be a cake walk like many on this board are predicting.

How is our OLine going to handle the excellent front 4 of the Jags?

Will Trent start out slow again like he did against Seattle? If he does, will he be able to bounce back?

How is Peters going to play after missing out on everything offseason related?

Turnovers are always a key to victory, if the Bills have a shot against this Jaguars team, they cannot turn the ball over.

This game is going to be much much tougher than most people here think it will be.

If we were able to be successfull vs a team with a pro bowl LB, DE, and CB, then Jags shouldnt be much different. Trufant, Kerney, Tatupu (I was close!) are much better than anything the Jags have.

I predict Trent has 203 yards, 1 TD, and has a 61 CPT. Lynch has 83 yards, 1 TD. Hardy has the passing TD.

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, let's break it down. Peters on Spicer? Peters wins. Walker on Hayward? Again Walker wins. Dockery-Fowler-Butler on Henderson and Meier? I think stalemate. But this year, the Bills have Trent starting instead of JP, Marshawn will be playing and splitting time with Freddie, and Turk will be calling some real plays.

This isn't the same Bills offense from last year. And just look at what Vince Young did last week, with less.

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, let's break it down. Peters on Spicer? Peters wins. Walker on Hayward? Again Walker wins. Dockery-Fowler-Butler on Henderson and Meier? I think stalemate. But this year, the Bills have Trent starting instead of JP, Marshawn will be playing and splitting time with Freddie, and Turk will be calling some real plays.

This isn't the same Bills offense from last year. And just look at what Vince Young did last week, with less.

Agreed and remember we didn't have Lynch last year for the Jags either.

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Agreed and remember we didn't have Lynch last year for the Jags either.
I made mention of it, but I guess it didn't come across well enough.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:31 PM

I'm not sold on Peters winning that. Not sure if he's going to be ready right away. And I think Hayward wins there too. And i'd also say that their DTs win as well. I think the Bills win but its going to be a tough game. A low scoring game and the Bills take it 20-13

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I made mention of it, but I guess it didn't come across well enough.

Sorry I have been downing a few Rum and Cokes.:up::beers:

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm not sold on Peters winning that. Not sure if he's going to be ready right away. And I think Hayward wins there too. And i'd also say that their DTs win as well. I think the Bills win but its going to be a tough game. A low scoring game and the Bills take it 20-13
The Bills allowed just 1 sack and 4 QB hurries to the Jags last year, and that was with the very sackable JP and no running game (because Lynch was out and the coaches kept feeding the ball to Anthony Thomas). Trent has better awareness, Lynch and Jackson will be raring to go and both are much better in blitz pickups this year.

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry I have been downing a few Rum and Cokes.:up::beers:
Completely understandable. I used to love them (before I gave up soda).

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:42 PM
The Bills allowed just 1 sack and 4 QB hurries to the Jags last year, and that was with the very sackable JP and no running game (because Lynch was out and the coaches kept feeding the ball to Anthony Thomas). Trent has better awareness, Lynch and Jackson will be raring to go and both are much better in blitz pickups this year.

I know what happened last year I'm just telling you what I think when I look at those matchups.

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 09:45 PM
I know what happened last year I'm just telling you what I think when I look at those matchups.

So you think we are worse than last year even without those injuries?

Mitchy moo
09-13-2008, 09:46 PM

VY almost killed himself this week and he won, go figure.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:48 PM
So you think we are worse than last year even without those injuries?

No. The individual matchups I would take the Jags. Its not an individual game.

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 09:50 PM

I agree I just think our 0-line is even better than last year and combine that with Lynch I like the matchups. We will see tomorrow of course how it turns out. Go Bills!! :gobills:

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
QB- buffalo
RB- Jack
WR- Buf
TE- buf
OL- Buf
DL- Buf
LB- Buf
DB- Tie
ST- buffalo

Im not sure whats not to get?

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:52 PM
QB- buffalo
RB- Jack
WR- Buf
TE- buf
OL- Buf
DL- Buf
LB- Buf
DB- Tie
ST- buffalo

Im not sure whats not to get?

Biased alittle?

dasaybz
09-13-2008, 09:53 PM
It's not as simple as looking at the individual matchups and saying that one team has an advantage over the other. Guys can have bad games, and guys can play above their heads too.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Biased alittle?

No, if this was last year than jacksonville would get WR, QB, DL, LB, and DB. Based off the games we win every catagorie.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 09:55 PM
No, if this was last year than jacksonville would get WR, QB, DL, LB, and DB. Based off the games we win every catagorie.

Its 1 game.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Its 1 game.

1 game means alot, expecially when one team beat a sub par team and the other one beat a team who went to the superbowl a few years ago BADLY.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
1 game means alot, expecially when one team beat a sub par team and the other one beat a team who went to the superbowl a few years ago BADLY.

We all know the Seahawks aren't even close to that superbowl team. And they basically had no WRs and a hurting QB. By the way the Titans had 10 wins last year and made the playoffs. Seahawks had the same record and did it in a weak NFC.

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
We all know the Seahawks aren't even close to that superbowl team. And they basically had no WRs and a hurting QB. By the way the Titans had 10 wins last year and made the playoffs. Seahawks had the same record and did it in a weak NFC.

Fine, you win. Jacksonville will crush us and we suck. I shouldnt have false hope or I might pull a VY.

j/k

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Fine, you win. Jacksonville will crush us and we suck. I shouldnt have false hope or I might pull a VY.
j/k

I think Buffalo wins the game.

Goobylal
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't take the Jags either on individual matchups OR as a group. If they had Stroud instead of Meier, it would be a completely different story, but the Bills have him now.

Sportsuser101
09-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't take the Jags either on individual matchups OR as a group. If they had Stroud instead of Meier, it would be a completely different story, but the Bills have him now.

Meier isn't bad. He had 27 tackles and 4 sacks last year. The year before that he had 29 and 5 and the year before he had 35 and 6 and that was with him rotating in with Stroud and Henderson. I'm not saying he's Stroud but he's no scrub. They also have Harvey the rookie at end to go with Spicer and Hayward.

cocamide
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I have a bad feeling about Jacksonville's return game killing us. Just check out the stats on NFL.com on their return man. Pretty damn sick.

shelby
09-13-2008, 11:28 PM
The Bills have a pretty good return game as well....

Mitchell55
09-13-2008, 11:36 PM
I have a bad feeling about Jacksonville's return game killing us. Just check out the stats on NFL.com on their return man. Pretty damn sick.

ST is the last thing we should worry about. We have one of the best ST ever.

zone
09-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Has everyone lost their minds. Jasksonville got torn up for almost 150 yards on the ground last week.

Last year, last year is the dumbest argument ever, we had A "slowest weakest train ever" and JP as our QB and the worst play caller in history. This is not even close to the same team.

This just in....

THEY ARE STARTING 3rd STRING LINEMEN!

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Has everyone lost their minds. Jasksonville got torn up for almost 150 yards on the ground last week.

Last year, last year is the dumbest argument ever, we had A "slowest weakest train ever" and JP as our QB and the worst play caller in history. This is not even close to the same team.

This just in....

THEY ARE STARTING 3rd STRING LINEMEN!

Wow talk about overexagerrating a point lol.

zone
09-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Wow talk about overexagerrating a point lol.
some of that was the whiskey talking, I was reading the posts and going nuts. I just can't wait for today, so everyone can see that the Bills are for real again.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
some of that was the whiskey talking, I was reading the posts and going nuts. I just can't wait for today, so everyone can see that the Bills are for real again.

Yeah i'm just busting your balls.

baalworship
09-14-2008, 08:53 AM
I think we will have a lot of trouble running early. Henderson is a beast and our interior is not great at run blocking. We should spread the field and make them defend the pass. Get Trent going and this game will be a lot easier.

Goobylal
09-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Meier isn't bad. He had 27 tackles and 4 sacks last year. The year before that he had 29 and 5 and the year before he had 35 and 6 and that was with him rotating in with Stroud and Henderson. I'm not saying he's Stroud but he's no scrub. They also have Harvey the rookie at end to go with Spicer and Hayward.
I didn't mean to imply that Meier was bad. He's an above average DT. My point was that the 3 interior OL of the Bills can handle Henderson and Meier, while if it were Henderson and Stroud, I'd have to give the edge to the latter.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I didn't mean to imply that Meier was bad. He's an above average DT. My point was that the 3 interior OL of the Bills can handle Henderson and Meier, while if it were Henderson and Stroud, I'd have to give the edge to the latter.

I would take Henderson and Meier over the Bills interior line. Dockery is the only good player in the interior. Fowler is absolutely terrible and Butler is below average. Henderson is a beast and Meier is above average.