PDA

View Full Version : Which D-Line would be better?

ServoBillieves
09-13-2008, 10:52 PM
This past week, an offensive line that started Kirk Chambers at RT and Langston Walker on the left seemed to give Trent Edwards quite a bit of time in the pocket, opened up massive holes for Marshawn Lynch, and, overall, had quick feet, strong push, and great awareness.

This, against a strong D-Line of the Seahawks anchored by veteran pass-rusher Patrick Kerney, with an up-and-coming Darryl Tapp on the right, and two strong DT's in Brandon Mebane and Rocky Bernard.

If the Bills could do this to that 4some, what's the deal with the fear of Reggie Hayward and co.? Sure, John Henderson is a fierce tank, but Fowler and Butler did a great job against Mebane last week, IMHO Henderson is a step up, but not much of one. Hayward will most likely be lined up on Jason P, but what's the fear there if Peters is in last season form? I don't think he will be, but in my mind I don't think that the Bills will come out with JP as the starter, and Langston will handle him. Spicer off the end is probably the only thing bothering me, but Jack Del Rio thinks Rob Meier in the middle is the answer?

I'd fear Rashean on Lee, and I fear MJD on the ground.

Past that, I see this as a hard fought game, with a lot of hitting, a lot of great line play on both sides, and just a generally great game.

Go Bills.

The Spaz
09-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Good post except Bernard was suspended.:up::beers:

ServoBillieves
09-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Good post except Bernard was suspended.:up::beers:

Blah good call! :-P!

Red Bryant is a pretty decent back up as a rookie, and at least I didn't say Larry Tripplett! Hahaha. Well there goes some credibility to my post, but still, I don't see this front four, even with LB pass rush being much of a problem.

Expect a lot from the Bills O tomorrow.

Slim
09-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree with you, BUT i didnt see massive wholes for Lynch very often. In fact, that happened very rarely.

ServoBillieves
09-14-2008, 01:03 AM
I saw a couple that Marshawn got away from. I wish I had film to see everything that happened, but from the most what I saw was that Kirk and Langston pulled back quite aways and gave Trent and Marshawn time.

I do agree Marshawn had a couple crazy twists and had some great blocks set up to him from WR's and Robby. Should be interesting what it can do tomorrow!

Mitchell55
09-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I saw a couple that Marshawn got away from. I wish I had film to see everything that happened, but from the most what I saw was that Kirk and Langston pulled back quite aways and gave Trent and Marshawn time.

I do agree Marshawn had a couple crazy twists and had some great blocks set up to him from WR's and Robby. Should be interesting what it can do tomorrow!

I taped it so if your desperate enough I can show the plays on the CPU?

ServoBillieves
09-14-2008, 01:28 AM
I taped it so if your desperate enough I can show the plays on the CPU?

Thank you but no, not this week.

If you do so from now on, and I can't get solid feedback from the website I write for, then I'd gladly paypal you some cash for a taped game. Greatly appreciated knowing that that's there!