PDA

View Full Version : Its only week two but heres what Im seeing

X-Era
09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
TE:

Jermaine Gresham is the best of the bunch. However, hes only adequate at blocking.

I also have a few later round favorites:

Bear Pascoe- Hes a mauler on blocking, and although he certainly wont beat anyone deep, he catches really well, and is a monster to try to take down. To me hes what I wish Chase Coffman was.

Jared Cook- South Carolina, hes 6' 5" 242, and the commentators said he runs between a 4.4 and 4.5. He is there biggest threat. Hes built strong but has a big frame with room to grow. He could end up being a real steal. Hes just a junior but he can play, he gets open easily, he catches even poorly thrown balls, and he can block pretty well.

Im not so much of a fan of:

Chase Coffman- he doesnt do anything well. Hes just average at everything

Travis Beckum- Hes going to get dominated by LB's with that small build, he doenst have the size to block, so really hes a WR.

OLB:

Aaron Curry can really play. Hes everywhere. Hes the best of the bunch to me.

Jasper Brinkley- he makes biug plays and has the size/speed to matchup well.

Darry Beckwith makes plays, hes another guy who we could count on.

Not so fond of:

Agree with DB, Brian Cushing is not the stud people make him out to be

Marcus Freeman has done nothing to impress me at all. He got a sack on Mark Sanchez, buithas been non-existant besides that

At C- I noticed how smallish Alex Mack is. Makes me wonder if he can hold up to the huge DT's he going to be going against.

DraftBoy
09-14-2008, 11:20 AM
TE:

Jermaine Gresham is the best of the bunch. However, hes only adequate at blocking.

I also have a few later round favorites:

Bear Pascoe- Hes a mauler on blocking, and although he certainly wont beat anyone deep, he catches really well, and is a monster to try to take down. To me hes what I wish Chase Coffman was.

Jared Cook- South Carolina, hes 6' 5" 242, and the commentators said he runs between a 4.4 and 4.5. He is there biggest threat. Hes built strong but has a big frame with room to grow. He could end up being a real steal. Hes just a junior but he can play, he gets open easily, he catches even poorly thrown balls, and he can block pretty well.

Im not so much of a fan of:

Chase Coffman- he doesnt do anything well. Hes just average at everything

Travis Beckum- Hes going to get dominated by LB's with that small build, he doenst have the size to block, so really hes a WR.

OLB:

Aaron Curry can really play. Hes everywhere. Hes the best of the bunch to me.

Jasper Brinkley- he makes biug plays and has the size/speed to matchup well.

Darry Beckwith makes plays, hes another guy who we could count on.

Not so fond of:

Agree with DB, Brian Cushing is not the stud people make him out to be

Marcus Freeman has done nothing to impress me at all. He got a sack on Mark Sanchez, buithas been non-existant besides that

At C- I noticed how smallish Alex Mack is. Makes me wonder if he can hold up to the huge DT's he going to be going against.

Coffman is a very good TE, he's having a lot of coverages rolled to him this year without Rucker, but with Maclin emerging as a WR threat look for his numbers to improve.

X-Era
09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Coffman is a very good TE, he's having a lot of coverages rolled to him this year without Rucker, but with Maclin emerging as a WR threat look for his numbers to improve.

I was interested in your take on Jared Cook. I see him as a solid mid rounder with great potential for a very bright NFL future. Hes got a great build, is said to be very fast, and is a solid blocker already.