• Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Forked Thread: Keys to 2morrow's game

Forked from: Keys to 2morrow's game

Originally posted by elltrain22
    I like our chances for tomorrow's game a whole lot. I think that this game is very winable, and if we can get this "W" it sets us up for a very promising start to the season. Here are just a few things we need to do, in order to win tomorrow's game.

1. Run the ball effectively- Our run game was very inconsistent last week. The O-line needs to be quicker off the snap, and they must be more physical then they were last week. I believe w/ film study, and of course, w/ Peters back in the fold, our run game will be better than it was last week.

2. Continue to stop the run- Last week, we were great at stopping the run, and w/ the Jags banged up, you would think this is a very favorable matchup for us here.

3. Work James Hardy into the scheme- He is too good not to get any targets. Maybe this is me just being a fan here, but I wanna see this sucker play!!

4. Limit turnovers on offense- Ya gotta think the Jags dee is trying to scheme every blitz package, and as many diff' wrinkles to confuse Trent Edwards. IMO, w/ the Jags injuries, this is a big way they can win this game (fumble, int's, sacks, etc)

5. Effeciency on offense- Not saying we need to score everytime (although I wish that was the case), but we need to limit 3 and outs.
    6. Third down.
    With the Oline shot and WRs out, the Jags are undoubtedly going to try to use the width of the field rather than the depth. This is going to lead to a lot of 2nd and 4's and 3rd and 2's. Holding the Jaguars 3rd and short percentages to a reasonable percentage will be the difference maker. Unfortunately, this means we'll have to be running on all cylinders against the short pass, the run, and the QB SCRAMBLE all at the same time. If Fewell and co. finds a way to do this, we win. If not, and Garrard gets into managable 3rd down situations and converts 75% of them, we will lose. Really, a lot of this will be on Stroud and Poz's shoulders.

Working...
X