X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebecky
    • Aug 2002

Please, no more excuses.

"If you make excuses for losing, you are a loser." Steve Spurrier.

Seems like that's all the Bills coaches, front office, players and fans do anymore -- we make excuses for losing.

Look at Washington -- talk about excuses, they don't have anything except scrub QB's on the roster. The receiving corps was restocked with whatever was "cheap and available" (quote from a pre-preseason Redskins rag). The defensive line was so old and ravaged, there was talk that they'd be forced to go to the 3-4 simply for lack of talent (again, from a pre-preseason Redskins rag).

Well, look at them now. The heck preseason doesn't count!

Spurrier (and Lewis) brilliantly USED the preseason protocol to their advantage to set the entire Redskin team and most of its fan base on fire -- and because of this increased confidence, the team HAS improved exponentially.

They don't know they're not supposed to be very good -- they don't realize it's just preseason -- they don't know it doesn't count -- they don't they don't know all the excuses that COULD be made for them -- they don't realize how far above their "pathetic potential" they are playing. Right now, they only know that they are WINNERS.

It's not too late for the Bills THIS season. Praise God, we have an upcoming preseason game with the LIONS -- the worst team in the league. Come on, coaches, let's blow them out of the water -- run up the score! Let's use this game to really fire up the team and the fans. Let's fire up a team that plays so far above its potential, it really CAN beat the Jets.
  • mackey789
    • Jul 2002

preseason doesnt count, i will say it first

Comment

• Rebecky
      • Aug 2002

Mackey, I love you like a sister -- don't make me hurt you.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
        Expert on Experts
        • Jul 2002

preseason records dont mean crap, I agree. But Rebecky makes a good point. Coaching can win games, even with average talent. I don't want any excuses this year either. Pick up the slack, coaches.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I refuse to panic until the real games start!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Boo-ya

too early to panic
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

Too early to panic indeed! But, we still have to figure out a way to stop Martin and the Jets from amassing 40+ points against us.

Rebecky,

The Skins have way more talent on their D than we do!!! Tons more w/ the exception of at the Corners.

Offense, they are well stocked as well other than at QB. Davis is proven and their WRs are better than most people give them credit for.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

we'll see if spurrier puts up 40 PPG in regular season.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BambinoSux
                  Don't Throw It My Way
                  • Aug 2002

I predict that the Redskins go 5-11. Reason being that when Wuerfell gets into a full game with the real first team defenses, he's gonna get eaten alive. Maybe when they draft Rex next year they'll do better but watch what the Redskins O does in the regular season. You won't be impressed.
                  I don't believe in no damn curses.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

It will be interesting ti see how the skins do in the real season.
                    Wys- I don't think the Jets will put 40+ points up against us in the opener.
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

let the real bullets fly and then we can discuss it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                        • Jul 2002

Come on, the Skins may have the best linebacking group in the league, but he who lives for the preseason dies in the regular season. It's the Minnesota Viking strategy of years past. I look for preseason "games" to be limited to two. The players would be crazy to allow these injury threat exhibitions to continue at four per year. Nothing more than a way to increase revenue.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

The 'Skins are definately better than 5-11
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Rebecky
                            • Aug 2002

Point is, whatever their potential WAS, they've risen above it now and will have a better record than they WOULD have had without this preseason fire and confidence and swagger. They've raised their level of play.

Will they win every game? Of course not. But they WILL go into every game believing that they SHOULD win and CAN win, and that's how they'll play.

Comment

• Stewie
                              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                              • Aug 2002

Thats a good point. The confidence gained in preseason could be good for an early season victory. I think we can beat the jets, no problem. Having the game at home is HUGE.
                              Originally posted by Topdog
                              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              I love Weiner.
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              also cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X