PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of game that we usually lose! But now....2-0 BABY!!!

Michael82
09-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow! It looked like the same old Buffalo Bills team from the end of the 2nd quarter until the beginning of the 4th quarter. But then something happened....the team actually stood up and told the Jaguars that they won't give the game away without a fight. What a nice comeback! It was nice to see James Hardy in the goal line series for a change. That's what he was brought here for! GREAT CATCH! We also went deep at the end of the game which needed to be done. :bf1: Plus the best part, even when the Jaguars had one more chance, the Bills defense got aggressive and shut the offense down. That was great to see! WOO HOO! We are now 2-0! :dance:

:dance3:

DrGraves
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
yes this is the kind of close game we lose. but great job to the players for stepping up and not quiting! and thanks to the refs for not calling hardy out!!!!

Dujek
09-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Man, that was great. What's even better is the fact I'm now laughing at Miami sucking really, really badly.

Michael82
Oh and just for the record....Trent Edwards is the man! :bf1:

20/25 for 239 yards and 1 TD with 0 INTs!!! Very nice! :clap:

:hail: Trent Edwards

Meathead
a young team has to go thru a few heartbreakers to learn how to win those kinda games

the bronco and cowgirls last second losses paid dividends today

Meathead
09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
edwards took a huge step forward today. driving the team down the field to have hardy climb the ladder was massive maturation on his part

hydro
09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I am speechless! :shocked:

Michael82
09-14-2008, 03:43 PM
edwards took a huge step forward today. driving the team down the field to have hardy climb the ladder was massive maturation on his part
Agreed. I decided that after today I am going to put my Losman jersey in the back of the closet and get myself an Edwards jersey. What a game from the young veteran. I loved seeing him with the game winning drive, when he hit Lee Evans downfield with a beautiful pass, then he found James Hardy in the end zone for the touchdown! :drool:

The last buffalo fan
09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I am speechless! :shocked:

And we are 2-0!!! :gobills:

Mski
09-14-2008, 03:45 PM
yes a nice deep ball again, and this time evans stayed inbounds :up:

PECKERWOOD
09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
• Trent is the real deal.
• Evans is the real deal.
• Hardy wasted no time in making his presence known, nice TD grab and great footwork.
• Youboty is arguably our 2nd best DB behind McGee who is also having a phenemonal year.
• Kyle Williams is an early candidate for the pro-bowl.
• Fred Jackson + Lynch in the backfield at the same time. :drool:
• Did Posluszny even play??? He's been disappointing this year to me.
• Schobel needs to learn how to wrap up and tackle the damn ball carrier.

Michael82
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
• Hardy wasted no time in making his presence known, nice TD grab and great footwork.
• Youboty is arguably our 2nd best DB behind McGee who is also having a phenemonal year.
Schobel needs to gain weight in the upper body. He's getting pushed around too much. :mad:

Philagape
09-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Only the Bills can keep themselves from the playoffs.

shelby
09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
i freaking :heart: Fred Jackson!

Outstanding game. Simply outstanding. This is our best start in 5 YEARS y'all!

Mr. Miyagi
09-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Poz played pretty well. He was in on a lot of pressure and gang tackles.

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM

I agree with all of this, but Poz. He was all over the field today. 6 tackles and some good pass coverage.

Historian
09-14-2008, 04:01 PM
It wasn't pretty at times...but I'll take a road win against a Conference playoff team.

They're learning how to gut it out.

That could be HUGE in December.

chubluv
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
2-0 :bf1:

Now lets learn from today and kick some Raider butt next week.

Mski
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
just makes that pick at the end of the half HUGE! def took atleast 3 pts off the board with that one

Ingtar33
Poz was all over the field, standing them up at the line of scrimmage. if it wasn't for that 15 yarder he took, i would be giving the man a game ball.

he was 2nd on the team with 6 tackles (5 solo)

PECKERWOOD
Agreed. I decided that after today I am going to put my Losman jersey in the back of the closet and get myself an Edwards jersey. What a game from the young veteran. I loved seeing him with the game winning drive, when he hit Lee Evans downfield with a beautiful pass, then he found James Hardy in the end zone for the touchdown! :drool:

Yup, I'll be sporting a Trent signature soon because it's obvious he is the real deal.

Michael82
09-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Yup, I'll be sporting a Trent signature soon because it's obvious he is the real deal.
yeah he is. :up:

Cntrygal
09-14-2008, 04:06 PM
It wasn't pretty at times...but I'll take a road win against a Conference playoff team.

They're learning how to gut it out.

That could be HUGE in December.

ABSOLUTELY!

In the past, the Bills wouldn't have scored and they would've given up the big play for a heartbreaking loss.

Michael82
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM
ABSOLUTELY!

In the past, the Bills wouldn't have scored and they would've given up the big play for a heartbreaking loss.
That's why my blood pressure was sky high. I was getting pissed that they were going to blow it again. I was wrong. They persevered. :clap:

losman420
09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Yup, I'll be sporting a Trent signature soon because it's obvious he is the real deal.I would change my name to Edwards420 in a heartbeat if I wasn't a welfare zoner. lol But yeah I will be rocking an Edwards sig here soon as well.

Bilz12
09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Gotta play the games, but the Bills should be coming into AZ as a 4-0 team after facing the Raiders and Rams the next two weeks. How cool is that?!

losman420
09-14-2008, 04:20 PM
That's why my blood pressure was sky high. I was getting pissed that they were going to blow it again. I was wrong. They persevered. :clap:Your not the only one bro, I was having flashbacks of past years during most of that second half.

Michael82
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I would change my name to Edwards420 in a heartbeat if I wasn't a welfare zoner. lol But yeah I will be rocking an Edwards sig here soon as well.
If you want, I bet an admin could change it for ya. :up:

!Papacrunk!
09-14-2008, 04:37 PM
congrats on your win today. now while my team is getting spanked, it's time to refresh on the 09 college prospects.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
YEA BABY!!! WOO HOOO!!! 2 and fn 0!! Bring on OAKLAND!!

Oaf
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
The best moment was when there was 6 minutes left, down by 6, gave up the ball, and Fred and MJD raring to run us over. That was do or die time and we forced the punt. We would not have done that in past years.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
What we are seeing is a young team maturing before our eyes.

Anyone who doubts the importance of having character to a team's success only needs to compare the way the Bills responded to adversity in this game to the way that they responded to adversity when they played at Tampa Bay the second game of the 2005 season.

These are the kinds of games that a team needs to win to become a serious playoff contender. And, these kinds of games are also the reason why you want to have "high-character guys" on your team.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
you mean marv was right?

Romes
09-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I still can't believe we won this game. Are these really the Buffalo Bills?

Teams of years passed would have found a way to lose this game. There were so many times in that game where the momentum was in the Jags favor, where a call went against us, where we were up against a wall and the Bills still pulled off the win!

I really feel like the Bills stole this game through grit and determination and that my friends, feels awesome!

HHURRICANE
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Didn't anyone see how awesome Edwards looked just running the offense?!

That screen was a thing of beauty. The Jags actually pulled their LBs to the middle of the field before the snap and Edwards sat their staring down the middle of the field until they were 15 yards off the play and than all of sudden...boom, he turns right and hits the quick little screen with tons of daylight.

Great play play by Turk but unbeliveable execution by Edwards!!

The kid just runs the offense like a veteran.

Michael82
09-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I still can't believe we won this game. Are these really the Buffalo Bills?

Teams of years passed would have found a way to lose this game. There were so many times in that game where the momentum was in the Jags favor, where a call went against us, where we were up against a wall and the Bills still pulled off the win!

I really feel like the Bills stole this game through grit and determination and that my friends, feels awesome!
Yes it does man! :bf1:

Cntrygal
09-15-2008, 09:59 AM
:bravo: