PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Youboty

lordofgun
09-14-2008, 03:51 PM
HUGE today! He was one of the few Bills that made sure tackles today, and a couple of them were crucial.

So much for trading him to Cleveland. :D

Captain gameboy
09-14-2008, 03:52 PM
We were ready to put this one on the compost pile until he made that third down stop.

Dujek
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Defensive MVP today, he was immense.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
When nobody else could tackle Youboty was a monster. He has really come into his own especially tackling wise.

Pinkerton Security
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
where did this come from?!?!?! he is playing at a high level right now.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
where did this come from?!?!?! he is playing at a high level right now.

He always had the talent to get it done. It just takes a while for some guys. I never lost faith in this guy.

shelby
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Youboty was great today!!!

PECKERWOOD
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
2 weeks in a row that I will give Youboty props on a great performance!! I'll take that dish of crow well-done because I was one of his biggest critics last year.

Historian
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
He gets my game ball today.

hydro
09-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Exceptional performance in key plays. He saved our asses on a few plays. Glad to see him play up to his billing.

Voltron
He always had the talent to get it done. It just takes a while for some guys. I never lost faith in this guy. That makes one of us. I was ready to pass him to Cleveland .... Sure glad the Bills aren't coached by the fans :D

chubluv
He is now showing why some of the xperts thought he had late 1st early 2nd round draft talent.

Sportsuser101
He gets my game ball today.

Most would give it to Trent Edwards because he's at a glamour position but without Youboty we don't win that game either. I think you gotta give it to him.

Tatonka
09-14-2008, 04:11 PM
We were ready to put this one on the compost pile until he made that third down stop.

that is why you don't treat the NFL like a madden game and you give guys time to develop.

what happened is that a 20 year old kid lost his mom in the first year and missed camp and was way behind.

then that kid got hurt last year.. and everyone started dropping one liners about his "1st round potential"..

then...

he got healthy and was in buffalo all offseason.. and the talent is now showing through.

guy is one of the best players on the field.. all preseason.. in game one and in game 2.

he could actually end up being a starter if he keeps it up. and it is great to see a kid come through for himself and his team.

Historian
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM
"I'm wirey!" -Neil Gruff, The Replacements.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 04:22 PM
i cant remember any bill who has elevated their game as dramatically and quickly as ashton has. its just amazing. hes like a completely different player

Night Train
09-14-2008, 04:22 PM
That one swing pass to the RB, where he came like a torpedo out of the viewing picture.

Holy *****t.

YardRat
09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Major props to Ashton...the light bulb has really come on this season, so far.

trapezeus
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM
meathead always like's going outside the lines of political correctness.

That being said, that neck of Youboty's is very merton hanks. and i'm happy that he's doing so well. it lets me do the merton dance everytime he makes a play.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I think its time for these naysayers to eat that damn CROW BABY!!

Oaf
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I think its time for these naysayers to eat that damn CROW BABY!!
Serve it up Beast, I wanted this guy traded even before we got Corner and McKelvin.

yordad
09-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Youboty is a good cook. And, he uses a lot of sugar. Because this crow taste sweet!

Romes
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Yup. I thought this guy wouldn't amount to anything after last year. He certainly showed me I was wrong.

With the #26 and the hits he was laying he reminded me of taller more slender Winfield.

justasportsfan
09-14-2008, 09:08 PM
he may not hit like Winfield but Youboty sure does tackle like him

Meathead
09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
for those of you interested here is the joke in its entirety:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=160685

Cntrygal
09-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Put the joke in the twilight zone with the rest of them.

:gobills:

lordofgun
09-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for ruining my thread, meathead!

Meathead
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
lol sorry

im trying to do something good and so was cgal

i still hope she shows up to explain her thinking. i promise i wont beat on you cgal, i just want to hear your mindset. i think it will help us all learn from this

DANMAN
09-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Before training camp started I really wondered if he would make the team.

He is the biggest and best surprise on defense this year.
Ashton is playing inspired! Hope he keeps it up.

In fact the whole secondary is looking real good. McGee's interception before the half was huge for us.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Before training camp started I really wondered if he would make the team.

He is the biggest and best surprise on defense this year.
Ashton is playing inspired! Hope he keeps it up.

In fact the whole secondary is looking real good. McGee's interception before the half was huge for us.

Stroud making the tip was bigger.

ServoBillieves
09-14-2008, 10:38 PM
HUGE today! He was one of the few Bills that made sure tackles today, and a couple of them were crucial.

So much for trading him to Cleveland. :D

He's proved that he's worthy of the 3rd round pick we gave to him. He's given this D hope when none was there, and the guy, I'm sorry, the man has proven why he deserves to be on this team.

Round of applause all around for Ashton. Let's hope he can lead us to a SB win!

LETS GO BFLO!

Cntrygal
09-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for ruining my thread, meathead!

lol sorry

im trying to do something good and so was cgal

i still hope she shows up to explain her thinking. i promise i wont beat on you cgal, i just want to hear your mindset. i think it will help us all learn from this

:dizzy:

You guys are killin' me! Don't you guys know that my high speed computer is on DIAL UP?!?!?! :doh:

Meathead,

I put your questions in the Q&A forum and sent you a pm. Have a good night! :insane::boozer:

link (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=160701)

Lexwhat
09-14-2008, 10:50 PM
that is why you don't treat the NFL like a madden game and you give guys time to develop.

what happened is that a 20 year old kid lost his mom in the first year and missed camp and was way behind.

then that kid got hurt last year.. and everyone started dropping one liners about his "1st round potential"..

then...

he got healthy and was in buffalo all offseason.. and the talent is now showing through.

guy is one of the best players on the field.. all preseason.. in game one and in game 2.

he could actually end up being a starter if he keeps it up. and it is great to see a kid come through for himself and his team.

Nice post!

Al the Bills Fan
09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Way to go Ashton, I was actually really excited when we drafted him but like many here, I have been a bit worried about him coming into this season. He has always had the ablity to play well in the NFL. It has been nice to see him start to put the pieces together these past 2 weeks.

Keep it up Ashton, great job!!!

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
i cant remember any bill who has elevated their game as dramatically and quickly as ashton has. its just amazing. hes like a completely different player

McCargo has shown flashes too but is really inconsistent.

yordad
09-16-2008, 12:32 PM

then...

he could actually end up being a starter if he keeps it up. and it is great to see a kid come through for himself and his team.I wasn't entirely down on him for his lack of production. I was mostly down on him for his body language, and what I interpreted as a lack of confidence and aggression (btw, I am an ex-pro poker player).

I believe what helped him best was two younger guys hitting our secondary (amongst others in camp). I think it gave him more confidence because he was no longer the youngest, most inexperienced player back there. I honestly believe confidence has a lot to do with a lot.

Basically, I didn't think he had the eye of the tiger. I was all for giving him a chance to prove he did, I just didn't think he would.

I hope this isn't premature, but this is some of the best crow I ever tasted, and I hope I can eat some more. There may be another healthy serving being brewed right now, and hopefully it is ready to eat before the post-season begins.

jamze132
09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
He might have been the best defender on the field. He looked good in the first game as well. Maybe something clicked for him.

Agent007
09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I want to get an ashton youbouty bobblehead...

He looks like one on the field.