PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Jason Peters!

casdhf
09-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Football shape my ass. :::

The Spaz
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah gave up a sack and saw him get drove into the backfield a few times. I sure hope he will get better.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
You could see it coming. A rook beats him and causes a fumble. How much of a raise do you want?

casdhf
09-14-2008, 04:45 PM
He got schooled on that sack/fumble. We were driving to score again, too.

Mitchy moo
09-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Peters better find his Mojo if he wants a raise.

casdhf
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
He played up to his current deal.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I also watched him drive two guys back on Lynch's TD run.

I'll take Peters at 85% any day of the weak. Maybe you guys should have been paying attention to Fowler who got manhandled today.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 07:34 PM
After the bye he better be as dominant as he thinks he is.

Mudflap1
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Peters had some shaky plays, but he had some good plays too... basically, par for the course for what he has done for us.

The guy is a good player, no doubt about it. Young, and one of the better tackles in the league. However, as I state+ td previously (and got flamed for it), I don't think he's quite as good as everyone makes him out to be, and I don't think the world comes crashing down with him out of the lineup. Are the Bills better with him playing? Of course. Is it a noticeable difference? Yes. Are the Bills doomed if Peters doesn't play? No, we saw that last week.

Hopefully, he was just a little out of shape today and gets better. He was a B+ today in my opinion.

Jon

The Spaz
09-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I also watched him drive two guys back on Lynch's TD run.

I'll take Peters at 85% any day of the weak. Maybe you guys should have been paying attention to Fowler who got manhandled today.

Hey I agree but getting schooled by a rookie, getting your QB killed and fumbling is never good.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey I agree but getting schooled by a rookie, getting your QB killed and fumbling is never good.

It's not like Peters got burned routinely last year. Matter-of-fact I would call that play uncharacteristic.

For 5 days of practice I would call his play pretty impressive.

That play still sucked though.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think he is all that, but with the heat, I was glad there was an extra lineman in the game today

Mitchell55
09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't think he is all that, but with the heat, I was glad there was an extra lineman in the game today

Maybe Peters holdout worked to our advantage? It gave Chambers a chance to play, and he needed it in our rotational OL.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Maybe Peters holdout worked to our advantage? It gave Chambers a chance to play, and he needed it in our rotational OL.

I think Jason peters did this team a huge favor. The Bills rotation on both sides of the ball was huge today!!

Mitchell55
09-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Football shape my ass. :::

Your ass is in the shape of a football?

DMBcrew36
09-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Op, myself, and a few others mentioned that the heat would be a factor, despite some who believed it wouldn't matter.

Peters still needs some conditioning, but the heat WAS a factor. I expect him to be much better in cooler conditions against Oakland - which I guess is obvious anyway considering how much Oakland sucks (haha).

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 08:05 PM

I totally believe it, just as while last year was gut wrenching, look how many young guys got to play and get experience. Now the team is getting stronger and instead of trying to fill 10 need positions, they can actually address augmenting.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Op, myself, and a few others mentioned that the heat would be a factor, despite some who believed it wouldn't matter.

Peters still needs some conditioning, but the heat WAS a factor. I expect him to be much better in cooler conditions against Oakland - which I guess is obvious anyway considering how much Oakland sucks (haha).

He needs to put the wood down against Oakland. He'll have 2 weeks of practice, ( he's going to be sore as heck this week) but he should be able to stay on the field and the rotation won't be needed.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-14-2008, 08:39 PM
yaaa Jason Peters, you really want that contract extension? quit being a ***** an stop getting owned by a rook..

Mad Bomber
09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah gave up a sack and saw him get drove into the backfield a few times. I sure hope he will get better.
He also made a really great block on a big running gain off the left side.

I guess that doesn't count....

The Spaz
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM

Did I say it didn't? We were talking about the bad play. I would say overall he did well but that play still sucked which is why I mentioned it.:up:

PromoTheRobot
09-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I find it ironic how everyone predicted it would be Walker who would let Edwards get creamed. And now the first time it happens this season, its Peters.

PTR

Michael82
09-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I thought the OL looked better last week. :yawn:

Michael82
09-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Good point. Getting Chambers the extra experience definitely helped us prepare for when we decide to rotate the tired OL. :up:

jamze132
09-15-2008, 04:31 AM
As good as he is, no one is good enough to overcome a lack of conditioning, especially in that heat. He will be just fine after next week.

Jan Reimers
09-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Did anyone really think Peters would dominate with a week of practice after almost 9 months of inactivity?

casdhf
09-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Did anyone really think Peters would dominate with a week of practice after almost 9 months of inactivity? I bet Jason Peters did.

feldspar
09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
However, as I state+ td previously (and got flamed for it), I don't think he's quite as good as everyone makes him out to be

Totally agree.

For one thing, he needs more experience at the position, and holding out the entire offseason and joining the team the day before the opener isn't helping his cause.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
I was going to post a complaint about Peters and the coaching staff's decision to start him.....but who cares at this point....we won. Peters will be better next week.

madness
09-15-2008, 10:21 AM

It does and we all are glad he did something he was supposed to do. If he'd been to camp day 1, we wouldn't even be talking about all the things he didn't do because they most likely would have never happened.

theanswer74
09-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Jason Peters was pretty good other than Groves getting around him. He fell asleep against a very fast pass rusher. He at least recovered enough to keep Groves off Edwards, but Groves got a hand on the ball.

casdhf
09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
BUmp.

Dujek
09-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Peters was terrible today. **** him and his contract.

ParanoidAndroid
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
He's got some work to do if he wants more money. I have a feeling thatt he will come back, but what does this say about his trustworthiness? Can we guarantee a huge sum of cap money to a guy who comes back out of shape? I cut athletes for that on teams that I coach.