PDA

View Full Version : Can The Bills Realistically Have Some Crazy Run This Season?

parrishlynchevans
09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
We all know how the modern NFL, with the exception of the perennial winners fluctuates from year to year. Is it realistic to think maybe the Bills have some ridiculous run and win the Super Bowl this year? I know it's still a long shot, but stranger things have happened. See last year's Giants. What do you guys think?

VeggieMan14
09-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I already said the bills are going 19-0

hydro
09-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Anything is possible. I would be happy with a playoff birth first and foremost. Beyond that is just icing on the cake.

yordad
09-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Yep, it's possible.

VeggieMan14
09-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Anything is possible. I would be happy with a playoff birth first and foremost. Beyond that is just icing on the cake. i will realistically be content with playoffs but i can see this team becoming a top dog in the AFC

TheBrownBear
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
It's possible, but unlikely. I think the missing piece is a true stud pass rushing DE.

BTW, what an ending to the Chargers game.

Ebenezer
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
5-0 is possible....knock on wood.

Philagape
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
It's a long season

parrishlynchevans
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Ralph would drop dead at the podium if the Bills win the Super Bowl.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
in the parity rich format of the nfl teams do routinely come out of nowhere to be very good, sometimes even winning the championship, so it certainly is possible

but ive long felt that sports success is mostly luck. sure, there are teams that are able to sustain dominance over a string of years (cheatriots cough) but they are the rare exceptions. some teams are able to build excellence in their process that keeps them in the hunt most years (or conversely bad process that keeps them out of them), but the bulk of the teams are in the heart of a fat bell shaped curve. most of the time it is literally only 2-3 plays an entire season that determines who gets in the playoffs and who doesnt, which is why there is such a large fluxuation year to year

iow, even though the bills have been about as impressive as they could have been so far, a lot of things still have to go in their favor to win a championship, including having quite a bit of luck