PDA

View Full Version : The official Bills/Jags complain thread...post 'em here...

Ebenezer
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
For your complaining pleasure...here is the one and only thread....do your complaining here and only here....all complaints will be merged

I'll start -

Schobel, Royal and Butler - invisible.

Refs - it was interesting how early on the Bills lead 7-0 and were taking over the game and the yellow started flying.

hydro
09-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Could have taken more chances down the field. It could have opened up our running game. Good thing we eeked this one out.

SpillerThrills
09-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I didn't get to see the game in UPSTATE NY because the Minnesota/Indy game was on!!!!!

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I made my wings too hot, now my stomach is gurgling and my squitchy hurts.

TheBrownBear
09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
The lack of holding calls on Jacksonville was ridiculous. They friggin held our interior lineman on every play....I was going crazy!

Bufftp
09-14-2008, 06:45 PM
complaint threads after a nice victory on the road, or a dominating performace at home. :D

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Some caller on GR said that there was quite a few non holding calls on the Bills D linemen and linebackers. Maybe just bad refs

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow nothing like starting a threat to complain. So now people that disagree have to have their opinions voiced into one thread? I didn't realize we were in Pakistan where opinions are not allowed but "indoors". That is all.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
st totally pwnd on the onsides ko

Lexwhat
09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Melvin Fowler sucked again, IMO.

Dr. Pepper
09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
MISSED TACKLES! except for AY anyway.

Ebenezer
09-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Wow nothing like starting a threat to complain. So now people that disagree have to have their opinions voiced into one thread? I didn't realize we were in Pakistan where opinions are not allowed but "indoors". That is all.
hey would you rather have one thread in which all complaints are neatly registered that people can ignore if they wish or 18 different ones initiated by Patmoran and Op when they get around finding their computer all rambling on and on about the same things folks have already posted here? :biggrin:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-14-2008, 08:11 PM
I had to work and could not watch. and I'm self employed. I hate my boss!

chubluv
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
DJ sucks.

MikeInRoch
09-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Nothing like people who somehow think that their rights extend to a privately owned message board. That is all.

Owen DeBoard
09-14-2008, 08:28 PM
The lack of holding calls on Jacksonville was ridiculous. They friggin held our interior lineman on every play....I was going crazy!
Im glad I wasnt the only one that noticed this. It was so obvious when the Jags Olineman were grabbing the bills Dlineman by there pants. I just hope the same thing cant go on when we face NE cause it just seems like certain teams can get away with murder and not get called for it.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 08:34 PM
People are getting to hyped about the Bills. Evey year teams rise and teams fall, Seattle and Jax are slipping a little as well as SD, while teams like Denver, yes the Bills and Tenn are making a statement. 2 wins against 2 teams that were injured is not a real test for the Bills. Playing this years good teams is the test.

How was that one? :biggrin:

HHURRICANE
09-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Whatever. This thread is ridiculous. One thread to merge all complaints??

This is a joke, right??

You might as well shut down the site and change the name to billsaregreat.com.

I love this site but the censorship here lately is a joke.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
PS. Maybe if you spent more time policing the personal attacks and less time on posts you don't like the site might improve and get more donors.

Mad Bomber
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
There was one play when their guard almost tackled Poz....

...no flag.

I have to agree with you.

justasportsfan
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
we didn't blow out the jags. we suck!

/sarcasm

Mitchell55
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
The McCargo play where he had a sure shot at the QB and the OL grabbed him and held him like a 5 year old when his dad comes home.

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
TACKLES....TACKLES .....TACKLES
run def. was stout.......
wish the pass def gets better....if it does can you say UNSTOPPABLE

Ebenezer
09-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Whatever. This thread is ridiculous. One thread to merge all complaints??

This is a joke, right??

You might as well shut down the site and change the name to billsaregreat.com.

I love this site but the censorship here lately is a joke.
grow some skin...by noon tomorrow there will be 15 complaint threads and they won't be merged :rolleyes:

Mitchell55
09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
TACKLES....TACKLES .....TACKLES
run def. was stout.......
wish the pass def gets better....if it does can you say UNSTOPPABLE

If we tackled better, than they wouldve only had about 20 yards rushing. At least our secondary didnt let any YAC.

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
If we tackled better, than they wouldve only had about 20 yards rushing. At least our secondary didnt let any YAC.

much agreed.....it was like they oiled up before the game or something

Meathead
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
so nobody else is a little annoyed with how bad the bills got fooled on that onsides kick?

watch the replay (2:00 mark) (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80acb481)

only ONE guy wasnt fooled, whoever it was right in front of the ball. the other front line guys were all running backwards and caught totally off guard

i know it happens but quite disappointing for what is supposed to be the best st unit in the league

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 10:18 PM
so nobody else is a little annoyed with how bad the bills got fooled on that onsides kick?

watch the replay (2:00 mark) (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80acb481)

only ONE guy wasnt fooled, whoever it was right in front of the ball. the other front line guys were all running backwards and caught totally off guard

i know it happens but quite disappointing for what is supposed to be the best st unit in the league

yes they did get burned plain and simple, how often would you see that though. i think just about anyteam would of lost their jock on that one. it sucked but even the best get burned here and there

clumping platelets
09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I made my wings too hot, now my stomach is gurgling and my squitchy hurts.

TMI :ill:

clumping platelets
09-14-2008, 10:31 PM

McCargo was held blatantly in the 1st half

The Spaz
09-14-2008, 10:33 PM
McCargo was held blatantly in the 1st half

Yes he was. I thought he played pretty decent today. Hopefully he keeps it up. Would have loved for him to get that sack though.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
yes they did get burned plain and simple, how often would you see that though. i think just about anyteam would of lost their jock on that one. it sucked but even the best get burned here and there
well yeah but it was a serious mental letdown by all but one of our guys. im sure bobby april is going to read those other four guys the riot act cuz they are coached to not let that happen

the good news is that the bills still won the game. that means another team wont be able to try that probably for the rest of the year because the players certainly wont forget. for the rest of the season you wont see those front line guys moving backward until they are sure its not a fake

so in that way jax did us a favor

Dujek
09-15-2008, 03:40 AM
1. Schobel's tackling was woeful, and at times Kawika Mitchell's wasn't much better.

2. Killing the clock before the half and almost letting the Jags score, instead of putting the game away when we had the chance.

3. Peters' complete lack of effort on the Edwards fumble, he just stood there and let his man have a clear run at Trent.

4. The officials' inability to spot the fact that the Jax line were holding on almost every play. There's being generous to a beat up team and then there's completely ignoring the rule book.

Other than that, good road win, good performance from Edwards, some great plays by Fred Jackson and a TD catch from Hardy. Overall I'm happy.

jamze132
09-15-2008, 04:14 AM
I wasn't impressed with McKelvin's two KO returns. It's like he decided to just run straight until someone clocked him. I know he's better than that and I'm sure we will see more and more of him back there, especially when it's blistering hot and McGee is getting worn out at CB.

Mahdi
09-15-2008, 04:33 AM
RUN BLOCKING!!!....

Im still waiting for the day where the Bills dominate a team on the ground. We simply are not able (with the 3rd biggest OL in the league) to dominate anyone at the LOS. Who or what is the problem here? As happy as I am about the wins realistically we wont continue to win if our RBs dont average at least 4.5 per carry. This is a run based team and even more so when we hit november and december.

Im kind of tired of seeing Lynch run for 5 runs under 4 yards and then one occasional 10 yarder. We need way more consistency.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 05:00 AM
I echo what Dujek said, the Bills last possession of the first half was a throw in the towel, and it could have been a great chance to totally deflate the Jags.
End result is that we give them the ball with enough time left to nearly score other than an idiotic pass.

Subtle end result is that the Bills D has to defend a long series at the end of the half followed by a relatively brief half time, followed by another long D series as we kicked off, followed by an onside kick and another D series.

I echo the obvious holding by the Jags interior line.

Other complaint was allowing so many first/second down 7-8 yard outside throws.
Looked like the bend and bend and bend was our strategy for awhile.

mysticsoto
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM

Exactly what I was going to say. The holding against McCargo was so obvious too...I mean the guy was all over McCargo and the refs were somehow oblivious to it.

Well, atleast they didn't decide our game for us (unlike another). If I'm SD, I'm still fuming right now...

Other little tidbits:

- tackling needs to be better - no excuse even if it was likely due to the heat.
- ST's getting pwned??? You're supposed to be one of the best if not THE best...you can't let yourself get fooled like that.
- More Hardy...More Hardy...kid's got great hands!
- Peters...I understand it's his 1st game back, but he certainly will need to do better if he wants that big money he's been asking for. He got pushed around a bit, and wasn't at the top of his game.