PDA

View Full Version : Raider Nation thoughts on this weeks game...

hydro
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/138686-how-good-bills.html

Looks like they are riding pretty high after a nice win against a not so good team. Most notice that they have a big test this week, but like all teams they also have those homers who think we don't have a chance. I am not going to over look this team but it really shouldn't be close. If we don't win decisively I will be worried.

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 09:52 PM
thats funny.....i cant wait to play these guys oh woowww they beat the chiefs....the chiefs suck. mcfaggen is going to get hurt.
there defense is weak and lax, evans will have a big day

Mitchell55
09-14-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/138686-how-good-bills.html

Looks like they are riding pretty high after a nice win against a not so good team. Most notice that they have a big test this week, but like all teams they also have those homers who think we don't have a chance. I am not going to over look this team but it really shouldn't be close. If we don't win decisively I will be worried.

Only 1 person is saying buffalo is not good. I only read the 1st page but still, they give us more credit than alot of fans do.

Bravo82
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
no game is a sure thing in the nfl. but if we dont beat them AT HOME i will be worried. every game in this league is a must win and the bills cant take oakland lightly. sure they only beat the chiefs who were playing their third string qb, but a win is a win in the national football league.

Billiever86
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
i dont like how they act like they are a good team? comepletely embarassed by the broncs....couldnt break 20 pts against the freakin chiefs......

they are the underdogs here big time....

of course we can still lose...but....whats with this confidence from raider nation?

they have the worst corner deangelo hall...a flag machine...not a team player....overrated javon walker....and mcfadden who had a good showing...russell is still a total question mark....

give me a break...

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 09:57 PM
thats funny.....i cant wait to play these guys oh woowww they beat the chiefs....the chiefs suck. mcfaggen is going to get hurt.
there defense is weak and lax, evans will have a big day

There defense is strong. They have arguable the best duo of corners and they have a strong linebacker core as well. Evans is going to have a tough game.

Slim
09-14-2008, 10:00 PM
There defense is strong. They have arguable the best duo of corners and they have a strong linebacker core as well. Evans is going to have a tough game.

Best corners in the game? Did you watch the Denver game? Hall is horribly overrated.

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM

i heard the same thing when we played the seahawks also......i dont see it. they havent really played anyone that has and OUTSTANDING DEFENSE. our offense went up against what was said in beginning of season 2 of the best defenses in league, we crushed the hawks although i dont think they are the same as last year. but jax defense is top notch 3 times that of the raiders. i dont think thier corners are that good. i say evans for 115 on 6 reception and one td.

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Best corners in the game? Did you watch the Denver game? Hall is horribly overrated.

hall being over rated in an understatement

Mr. Pink
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Even the guys who think they can win this game have legitimate points.

It's no different than this board is going into a game against a team, on paper, that is better than us.

At least it wasn't "oh the bills suck, we'll own them, 2-1 baby!"

Do I agree with all of the opinions though on that thread...absolutely not.

Billiever86
09-14-2008, 10:03 PM
excuse me? did you just say deangelo hall was good?....yeah you dont know him like i do.....

he is a total waste of money...every time a good WR plays him...he gets arrogant and decides to man or play w/e defense he chooses....and gets burned....then gets frustrated...then gets 15 yard penalties for a personal foul...

hes a joke...

as for the LB core...ill give them credit...

we shouldnt overlook the raiders though....we still havent really got beat on the run yet....but when it happens...i think well be in trouble...

syracuse76
09-14-2008, 10:05 PM
i didnt really see any legit points they were talking about lynch not being a factor.....umm ok....he got what 13 or 14 carries the first game, he got 19 today but still that like 6 below his avg and on a couple today he was a pube hair away from breakin one

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Ah, I happen to agree with them on 2 things.

1.) Seattle was not a big win, I thought they were weak last year and were even weaker in game one with all the injuries and Hasslebeck being out all preseason.

2.) The Jags line has 3 missing starters on their Oline. The Bills got 2 sacks but they ran quite effectively on the Bills D. If Gerrard was a better QB, they would have ran all over the Bills in the 4th.

That being said, ML is not the break away back you see in the NFL. But, with he and Jackson, you have 2 guys that combined will do what a true premier back will get, yet both can be rested during the game. I'd rather have a premier back, but TT had KD and that worked quite well.

The temptation of the Bills to have a let down game won't happen. Its set up to be that way coming off the last 2 wins but The Bills are better than the Raiders.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 10:08 PM
excuse me? did you just say deangelo hall was good?....yeah you dont know him like i do.....

he is a total waste of money...every time a good WR plays him...he gets arrogant and decides to man or play w/e defense he chooses....and gets burned....then gets frustrated...then gets 15 yard penalties for a personal foul...

hes a joke...

as for the LB core...ill give them credit...

we shouldnt overlook the raiders though....we still havent really got beat on the run yet....but when it happens...i think well be in trouble...

Yes Hall is a very good corner. He does make stupid personal foul penalties but that shouldn't doubt how good he is. I'm sure thats why the Raiders gave up a 2nd round pick for him and other teams were willing to as well.

Billiever86
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes Hall is a very good corner. He does make stupid personal foul penalties but that shouldn't doubt how good he is. I'm sure thats why the Raiders gave up a 2nd round pick for him and other teams were willing to as well.

i wish i could pull out some stats for ya...but its late...and i really dont feel like...

but from when he was on atlanta...just off the top of my head....roy williams torched him a few years ago with 150+ yards and 2 or 3 touches.....

same exact thing with hines ward and TO....they both embarrassed him BIG TIME...

i think hines had 3 touches on him and he was beat man all 3....same with TO...just completely burned him for like 2 TD and 100+ yards...

Sportsuser101
09-14-2008, 10:14 PM
i wish i could pull out some stats for ya...but its late...and i really dont feel like...

but from when he was on atlanta...just off the top of my head....roy williams torched him a few years ago with 150+ yards and 2 or 3 touches.....

same exact thing with hines ward and TO....they both embarrassed him BIG TIME...

i think hines had 3 touches on him and he was beat man all 3....same with TO...just completely burned him for like 2 TD and 100+ yards...

You do realize thats stats don't tell the whole story especially for a cornerback? You never know if the safety got beat if there was a misread etc. If you watch the games you could tell he's a very good corner. But then again what do scouts know anyway?

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Nor does it take into consideration what type of passing game does a team have. Those guys run routes for the long ball. The Bills up to now don't. Evans has 3 but other than that the rec. yards are due to YAC.

Goobylal
09-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Ah, I happen to agree with them on 2 things.

1.) Seattle was not a big win, I thought they were weak last year and were even weaker in game one with all the injuries and Hasslebeck being out all preseason.
Well then, beating the Chefs wasn't even a small win. They were bad BEFORE they had to go to their 3rd string QB. It's as if beating the Chefs suddenly made the Raiders any less horrible than they are.

2.) The Jags line has 3 missing starters on their Oline. The Bills got 2 sacks but they ran quite effectively on the Bills D. If Gerrard was a better QB, they would have ran all over the Bills in the 4th.
Outside of the first 2 series of the 3rd quarter, the Jags didn't run effectively on the Bills D. And the 2nd series was helped by the onsides kick and the defense not getting any rest.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Well then, beating the Chefs wasn't even a small win. They were bad BEFORE they had to go to their 3rd string QB. It's as if beating the Chefs suddenly made the Raiders any less horrible than they are.

Outside of the first 2 series of the 3rd quarter, the Jags didn't run effectively on the Bills D. And the 2nd series was helped by the onsides kick and the defense not getting any rest.

Let's be thourough here Goo

That being said, ML is not the break away back you see in the NFL. But, with he and Jackson, you have 2 guys that combined will do what a true premier back will get, yet both can be rested during the game. I'd rather have a premier back, but TT had KD and that worked quite well.

The temptation of the Bills to have a let down game won't happen. Its set up to be that way coming off the last 2 wins but The Bills are better than the Raiders.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

TigerJ
09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
The Bills really should beat the Raiders. Buffalo seems to be a pretty well rounded team, not superlative in any one area, but without any big holes either. The Raiders don't have a solid QB. Buffalo showed they can produce against an outstanding defense, I don't think a team that is one dimensional on offense, like Oakland, can do enough damage to beat Buffalo. Still, Oakland has some talent and speed at running back and they have to be respected.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 11:06 PM
The Bills really should beat the Raiders. Buffalo seems to be a pretty well rounded team, not superlative in any one area, but without any big holes either. The Raiders don't have a solid QB. Buffalo showed they can produce against an outstanding defense, I don't think a team that is one dimensional on offense, like Oakland, can do enough damage to beat Buffalo. Still, Oakland has some talent and speed at running back and they have to be respected.

I agree, its now a matter of being able to put together a string of wins especially when they meet a team they should beat in that string. The Bills of years past haven't done well there. Its a new year and they look more in sync than last.

raphael120
09-14-2008, 11:08 PM
You know what..it's bad ass to see us fans having confidence in our team again. I'll leave it at that...I heard a lot of people talkin bout 5-0 after this win.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM
We can talk, but the Bills have to play.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I Am Officially Looking Past Oakland

at this point, if the bills lost that game i would simultaneously kick stroud and peters right in the nuts

in fact, i absolutely positively guarantee the bills beat oakland

if i am wrong i will paint myself blue, stand butt nekked on the corner of big tree and northwestern, with a flag stuck up my ass saying i love tom brady. and then i will post it on youtube complete with a closeup of my exposed gonads

thatll learn ya

DrGraves
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM
raiders suck and anything they say is irrelevant. can't wait for next weeks beat down.

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM

at this point, if the bills lost that game i would simultaneously kick stroud and peters right in the nuts

if i am wrong i will paint myself blue, stand butt nekked on the corner of big tree and northwestern, with a flag stuck up my ass saying i love tom brady. and then i will post it on youtube complete with a closeup of my exposed gonads

thatll learn ya

Did you copy and paste this?

Oaf
09-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Just by reading this thread, I can tell our homers are as bad if not worse than theirs. I'm sure that winning 4 games the last six years has set reality into those guys anyways..

gr8slayer
09-14-2008, 11:37 PM
No, Hall is not a very good Corner. He's a decent Corner against less than decent talent but when he has to take on elite WR's like Moss, Owens, Johnson, etc.... he gets ***** slapped. He's a perfect example of a combine warrior type player, everyone fell in love with what "could be" and not what was.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Did you copy and paste this?
yeah, from a post i made at bbi. why?

LABillsFan
09-14-2008, 11:51 PM
yeah, from a post i made at bbi. why?

Because I read it on bbi.

RingofFire
09-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Deanglo Hall is a brutal cover corner. He works better in zone coverage and at tackling. Check out this clip of Chad owning Deangelo Falls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN5cyfI4A3c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN5cyfI4A3c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jimbohastle51
09-14-2008, 11:54 PM

this guy is honestly one of those crack smoking dudes with spiked shoulder pads and full face paint at the game. no way he can be serious. jamarcus russell looked so horrid that if our secondary was out there would have been an easy 3-4 picks for us. and also the cheifs gave up jarred allen HELLO!!! they dont have a Dline (oh wait glen dorsey the rookie and tamba hali who only got 8 sacks a year because jarred allen was double teamed) we will win 24-14 or 17-7 something like that. hell give DMC 100 yards it doesnt matter, there so horrible we will still win.

gr8slayer
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Deanglo Hall is a brutal cover corner. He works better in zone coverage and at tackling. Check out this clip of Chad owning Deangelo Falls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN5cyfI4A3c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN5cyfI4A3c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Pull up the film against T.O. if you want to see someone get ****ed up.

raphael120
09-15-2008, 12:06 AM

thatll learn ya

Can Billszone hold you to it? they could get some good advertising opportunites for that event

Mahdi
09-15-2008, 12:24 AM

Oakland ran for 300+ yards against Kansas City. They have McFadden for speed and Bush for power who had 90 yards today. The Bills have stopped the run for the most part the first 2 games but had Jacksonville stayed with the run early in the game and then late in the 4th they might have won the game. We still have to prove we can shut down an opponent's run game.

Still I think like others have said that we are a more well rounded team which should make the difference.

RingofFire
09-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Oakland O line stinks. Surprised they run so well

Mahdi
09-15-2008, 04:25 AM
Oakland O line stinks. Surprised they run so well
They run so well because they have the same run blocking scheme Denver has. Greg Knapp and Tom Cable are on their staff, same guys who installed the system in Denver and Atlanta during the Warrick Dunn years. Raiders were one of the best rushing teams last year too.

I dont understand why we have so much difficulty running the ball until now. Were supposed to have this big, physical OL but they dont impose themselves on anyone. I dont want to complain after a 2-0 start but if were going to beat the better teams in the league who also have potent offenses were going to have to average more than 4.5 yards per carry to do it.

Historian
09-15-2008, 06:02 AM
I think we're going to steamroller the Raiders.

It's the **gulp** Cardinals I worry about.

(I can't believe I just typed that, lol.)

Cntrygal
09-15-2008, 10:02 AM

:rofl:

:nervous:

Pinkerton Security
09-15-2008, 10:04 AM

The Cards certainly will test our Pass D.

And the Raiders have 3 backs that can legitimately carry the rock, so we need to stop them. Look at Russel's struggles against that stellar Chiefs secondary and you'll see that we will be stacking the box quite a bit.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
We need to win this game. I don't care by how many points.

parrishlynchevans
09-15-2008, 10:10 AM
More disrespect from the rest of the NFL. I don't just want a Bills win, but I want a blowout. Make those babies cry. 56-10.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 10:13 AM
If you read the threads the Raider fans are actually giving the Bills props man.

PromoTheRobot
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes, they were outstanding against the Broncos. :lol: They beat the Chefs, remember?

PTR

Cntrygal
09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
No game is a gimmee. The first one that gets overlooked - is usually the first lost.

parrishlynchevans
09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
If you read the threads the Raider fans are actually giving the Bills props man.

Jauron needs to post this garbage in the locker room to get the players fired up. Jauron needs to instill that there the ones being doubted and overlooked.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Jauron needs to post this garbage in the locker room to get the players fired up. Jauron needs to instill that there the ones being doubted and overlooked.
So not only did you not read the thread in the links you failed to read my post.... :shakeno: