PDA

View Full Version : Jauron on verge of getting a new deal?

Dr. Lecter
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Dick Jauron of the Bills is on the verge of getting a new contract.

Until this week, Jauron wasn't sure he had a future in Buffalo. Finally, the team began "substantive discussions" to extend Jauron's original three-year contract that expires at the end of the 2008 season, sources said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3587282

It is from Mort, so who knows.

Since this is the last year of his deal this is a good move. Lameduck coaches are not good for a team. I agree he has not proven himself, but this is better than letting him hang out to dry,imo.

clumping platelets
09-14-2008, 10:33 PM
:clap:

Meathead
09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
well hes so cheap compared to most other coaches, plus hes got them playing some damn good ball against tough teams so far, theres really little reason to not extend him

even if he were to crap the bed after getting a new deal they could jettison him and hardly notice paying his cheap ass salary

at this point i doubt hes gonna flame out though. the players love playing for him, they are a very tight group playing like a family, and thats an outstanding accomplishment for any coach

i admit it: i like dick

OpIv37
09-14-2008, 10:40 PM
two weeks ago this would have pissed me off.

Now, I'm starting to think that it may be a good thing. As I said in my postgame review, two games don't make up for two years, but I'm slowly gaining confidence in the coaching staff.

Picking the right coach is tremendously important. If you get the wrong guy, it's 2-3 years of rebuilding followed by a year or two of mediocrity, followed by another new coach, and the cycle starts over. That's the cluster**** we've been stuck in since Wade Phillips was given the boot.

Based on Jauron's past, I seriously doubted whether he was the right guy. The team's performance on the field certainly didn't alleviate my concerns. But I'm starting to see why the guy has so much respect around the league despite his mediocre coaching record. Let's hope he gets it right on the field this time.

And regardless of whether they choose to keep Jauron or let him walk, let's just hope that whatever the FO decides is the right decision.

OpIv37
09-14-2008, 10:41 PM
i like dick

out-of-context sig quote of the year.

Lexwhat
09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
For some reason, I think we should wait to see how the season goes before extending him ...

Philagape
09-14-2008, 10:52 PM
What about LEEEEEEEEEEE

TigerJ
09-14-2008, 11:05 PM
well hes so cheap compared to most other coaches, plus hes got them playing some damn good ball against tough teams so far, theres really little reason to not extend him

even if he were to crap the bed after getting a new deal they could jettison him and hardly notice paying his cheap ass salary

at this point i doubt hes gonna flame out though. the players love playing for him, they are a very tight group playing like a family, and thats an outstanding accomplishment for any coach

i admit it: i like dick

I think he's going to get a nice raise. He may not be on top of the coaching heap, salary wise, but I think the Bills are going to put him in the middle of the pack. He deserves it too.

I think continuity is the best thing for the Bills right now. That means retaining good coaches. As Buffalo improves there will be an increasing challenge to retain good players. As we see over and over again, players who have success invariably start to get hungry for the big paycheck. Management will increasingly have to make some difficult choices about who to sign and who to let go. The teams ability to make the right choices will have a lot to do with the teams ability to stay successful.

Romes
09-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Based on ESPN polls he has the highest approval rating in the whole league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2008, 05:53 AM
For some reason, I think we should wait to see how the season goes before extending him ...

It is a risky move, since it his last year.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2008, 06:30 AM
I would like to have waited until midseason at least. Maybe they could have Darcy negotiate the contract.

LtFinFan66
09-15-2008, 06:41 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratingsLots of Bills fans voted:up:

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Almost coach of the year last season / heading that way this year and there is a question of him being here?? Extend the guy, please.

He is also the liveliest looking zombie I have seen.

Turf
09-15-2008, 08:03 AM
I think they should wait, the seasons not over and he could really pull some boners yet. How can they bring in a Cowher or anyone else if he makes some really bad on field decisions if they extend him. While I like what the coaches have done the first two games, its only the first two games. Let them prove it over time.

Bill Brasky
09-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Since this is the last year of his deal this is a good move. Lameduck coaches are not good for a team. I agree he has not proven himself, but this is better than letting him hang out to dry,imo.

I was highly critical of Jauron's hiring. However, to get 7 wins out of the team he had last year was unreal. The year prior he was basically given an 88 Dodge Shadow and told to go win the Indy 500... and still got 7 wins.

This year his system is falling in to place. It was be assinine to let him go out the door just as his project is finally starting to produce.

madness
09-15-2008, 10:29 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

.. and was second after week 1. :shocked:

A deal to extend should definitely be done but I would like to see division games against both the Jets and Patriots before anything gets finalized.

The Spaz
09-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Jauron on contract extension

Bills head coach Dick Jauron is reportedly in talks with the front office on a contract extension. But Jauron adhered to team policy when asked about any progress on that front.

"You are familiar with us," said Jauron. "We don't talk about contracts in any way, shape or form so that's what I make of it."

When asked if he wants to stick around Jauron and if he'd be open to an extension offer the Bills head coach said.

"I like sticking around."

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

baalworship
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Jauron did a great job with a terrible roster in 2006 and a mediocre but injury decimated roster in 2007.

Extend him.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
COWHER! COWHER!

MARTY! MARTY!

The Spaz
09-15-2008, 01:01 PM
COWHER! COWHER!

MARTY! MARTY!

I would go for Cowher but no way on Marty. Let's wait and see how this year finishes for Jauron. Cowher has said he won't be back in coaching next year either.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I would go for Cowher but no way on Marty. Let's wait and see how this year finishes for Jauron. Cowher has said he won't be back in coaching next year either.
Mularkey! Mularkey!

The Spaz
09-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Mularkey! Mularkey!

Oh god just stop...lol

gr8slayer
09-15-2008, 01:27 PM
The Bills are reportedly in talks about a contract extension with head coach Dick Jauron. It's amazing, but it's a good idea. Jauron has been reborn in Buffalo. His Bills have finished 7-9 in his first seasons, but they have played better than their talent level. Now the talent is catching up and they have a decent shot to win the AFC East.

The Spaz
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=160697

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I doubt Dick gets a raise/extension. Ralphy's too cheap.

bigbub2352
09-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I am not a DJ fan, but i see the benefits of keeping the same coach instead of REBULDING every 3 yrs, i would like to wait till we are in at least the wild card game for him to sign it thou, not just cause we r 2-0

Cntrygal
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Merged! :D

Patrick76777
12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
bump