PDA

View Full Version : Nice Perspective on Trent Edwards

mchurchfie
09-14-2008, 11:16 PM
From the Raider's board, this guy apparently knows Trent quite well.

The Bills game will be tough. I've known Trent Edwards since we were little kids and I can assure you that he's the real deal. That said, I'll admit that he often struggles under pressure. If we can get a rush like we showed the Chiefs today, we can definitely win on the road in Buffalo. Their rushing attack is solid, but not fear-inducing.

Still, don't underestimate Trent's ability to put a team on his shoulders. I played with him in high school, and we never lost a varsity game. At Stanford, he had no line and he struggled. Give him even a mediocre line, though, and he will make good decisions all day long.

In high school we had a QB coach (actually more of a consultant) named Charlie Wiedemeyer. He had Lou Gehrig's disease (he's one of the longest-living, if not the longest-living, survivor of the disease) and was completely paralyzed except for a few facial muscles. Still, he made it out to practices and gave pointers by making facial gestures that his wife would translate. Not to take anything away from Trent's own mental toughness and confidence, but I think seeing firsthand that it's possible to overcome any odds had a big impact on the way he plays. So, if we're up by a touchdown or two in the fourth, don't think he can't lead a comeback (as long as he can stay off the ground).

Anyway, whatever happens next week, I'm stoked.

cocamide
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Interesting take. This was the first game in a long, long time where I actually had confidence in our offense leading us to a game winning drive, and it all starts with Trent. As long as our O-Line gives him a decent amount of time, he can make plays. Also, he rarely makes mistakes; which is absolutely huge for this team.

Meathead
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM
its tough to argue with what edwards did today

very high compl %, no picks, and two majorly clutch throws exactly when they needed them. if he doesnt complete that last pass to evans its fourth down and they probably have to punt and hope for the best

yeah he made a couple bad throws but really no mistakes that hurt them. and i dont count the fumble as that was jasons fault all the way

although im not totally sold on him yet, im getting there and today was a big step forward

Lexwhat
09-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Wow, interesting.

Thanks.