PDA

View Full Version : Today, This Realist Said "Eff it, we will WIN THIS GAME!"

raphael120
09-14-2008, 11:42 PM
So I have to admit I thought we were seeing the old Bills the in the second half.

Couldn't stop the run...couldn't tackle...Trent was getting sacked, holding onto the ball too long. We couldn't gain a yard on the ground to save our lives...they had the onside kick recovery and all the momentum seemed to be going to the Jags.

I just was thinking, ok, we're going to lose, it's going to be all down hill from here. I've seen this crap before. Then I thought back to the Seahawks game and the Steelers preseason game and just seeing how things are different even if it may not seem like it with a quick glance, but it suddenly hit me:

Trent is a bonfide NFL QB.

Schonert has shown he doesn't have his head up his ass, and I think our coaching staff has learned from past mistakes.

Our defense showed up when it needed to thus far.

I am sold on the fact that this team truely believes in one another and the coaching staff. I LIKE this team we built. Theyre a very likeable team.

In the past, I would say "We;re going to lose" and I started to go down that path today...but I stopped myself halfway through the 3rd quarter and said, you know what, we will WIN this game. Major attitude shift in myself. The past two years you almost had to trick yourself to believe we had a good team, but I think we don't need to trick ourselves anymore. This time we dont have to think about oh well we were good enough to stay in the game and almost win, we actually are WINNING! I had an attitude shift and I think it coincides with the attitude shift I feel in the Bills organization. No one on the team seriously talked playoffs in the past two years. So...just my observation...the Buffalo sports fan mentality is starting to lift. Hope I'm not being too premature in the confidence buidling but I honestly like what I'm seeing from this team, from Trent.

I'm noticing a shift in other Bills fans view too, we can now say 5-0 and not sound rediculous, and I think that's a huge attitude shift from what we're used to (0-3 starts, etc...) Very exciting year ahead of us and I hope we just keep building off of each weeks successes!

So...in closing...LETS GO BUFFALO!

G Wolly
09-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Agreed.

I liked the deep play to Evans to set up the go ahead TD to Hardy.

Showed confidence in Trent's offense.

Crisis
09-15-2008, 12:49 AM
after the edwards fumble not gonna lie i thought "same old bills"

i was waiting for jax to blow it open after that, i can't believe we pulled it out. it's just not what we've seen for the past decade...lol

LifetimeBillsFan
09-15-2008, 01:30 AM
How about the bootleg throw that Edwards made to Schouman for the Bills last first down when they were trying to run out the clock and maybe move into position for Lindell's FG at the end?

Can you imagine Fairchild ever calling that play in that situation? Me, either!

Great call by Schonert. Superb execution and decision-making by Edwards. Clutch catch by Schouman.

That first down allowed the Bills to milk the clock for four more plays and put up 3 big points.

It showed the caliber of the QB and the quality of the team in being able to pull it off.

Now if they can only start running the ball and tackling better...we might be on to something special this season.

jamze132
09-15-2008, 04:24 AM
How about the bootleg throw that Edwards made to Schouman for the Bills last first down when they were trying to run out the clock and maybe move into position for Lindell's FG at the end?

Can you imagine Fairchild ever calling that play in that situation? Me, either!

Great call by Schonert. Superb execution and decision-making by Edwards. Clutch catch by Schouman.

That first down allowed the Bills to milk the clock for four more plays and put up 3 big points.

It showed the caliber of the QB and the quality of the team in being able to pull it off.

Now if they can only start running the ball and tackling better...we might be on to something special this season.
Although I still disagree with that call, I loved the execution. We just needed to run out the clock and a lot of bad things could have came from that, fortunatly good things happened. If Mularkey was here, he would have had Lynch throwing interceptions, ala Miami a few years ago.

HAMMER
09-15-2008, 08:36 AM
So I have to admit I thought we were seeing the old Bills the in the second half.

Couldn't stop the run...couldn't tackle...Trent was getting sacked, holding onto the ball too long. We couldn't gain a yard on the ground to save our lives...they had the onside kick recovery and all the momentum seemed to be going to the Jags.

I just was thinking, ok, we're going to lose, it's going to be all down hill from here. I've seen this crap before. Then I thought back to the Seahawks game and the Steelers preseason game and just seeing how things are different even if it may not seem like it with a quick glance, but it suddenly hit me:

Trent is a bonfide NFL QB.

Schonert has shown he doesn't have his head up his ass, and I think our coaching staff has learned from past mistakes.

Our defense showed up when it needed to thus far.

I am sold on the fact that this team truely believes in one another and the coaching staff. I LIKE this team we built. Theyre a very likeable team.

In the past, I would say "We;re going to lose" and I started to go down that path today...but I stopped myself halfway through the 3rd quarter and said, you know what, we will WIN this game. Major attitude shift in myself. The past two years you almost had to trick yourself to believe we had a good team, but I think we don't need to trick ourselves anymore. This time we dont have to think about oh well we were good enough to stay in the game and almost win, we actually are WINNING! I had an attitude shift and I think it coincides with the attitude shift I feel in the Bills organization. No one on the team seriously talked playoffs in the past two years. So...just my observation...the Buffalo sports fan mentality is starting to lift. Hope I'm not being too premature in the confidence buidling but I honestly like what I'm seeing from this team, from Trent.

I'm noticing a shift in other Bills fans view too, we can now say 5-0 and not sound rediculous, and I think that's a huge attitude shift from what we're used to (0-3 starts, etc...) Very exciting year ahead of us and I hope we just keep building off of each weeks successes!

So...in closing...LETS GO BUFFALO!

All your doubt and negativity this offseason was for nothing. Welcome back onto the wagon.