PDA

View Full Version : Props on the game.

jagfan90
09-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Buffalo looked pretty good during the first and last portions of the game. We got outplayed out home which is sad. I dont understand what is wrong with our offense. Garrard forcing play when he doesn't have to and WR's that cant get separation from corners i guess. We are lacking the big play and cannot stretch the field. Although we did start out last season that same way, just takes time to get rolling.

Crisis
09-15-2008, 12:26 AM
jax will be fine. fully expect them to be in the playoffs, defense is too good and its only a matter of time before the offense gets rolling.

here's to a rematch in buffalo later this year ;)

Billz_fan
09-15-2008, 12:44 AM
As Crisis said Jax will be fine. One thing I have learned over the years is always true. You are never as good as you look when you win or bad as you look when you lose. the difference between the top of this league and the bottom is very small.

clumping platelets
09-15-2008, 12:47 AM
You are never as good as you look when you win or bad as you look when you lose.

Unless you are the Miami Dolphins............boy are they bad :gag:

Billz_fan
09-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Well, every rule has an exception :laughter:

Michael82
09-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the classy post. you don't have to worry though. You have a good team. They just need to get healthy up front and more in sync. Plus like clump said, at least you aren't a Dolphins fan. :rofl:

shelby
09-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Good game....thanks!

ALL D
09-15-2008, 05:00 AM
<CENTER>Jax will come back hard this week vs. Indy</CENTER>

LtFinFan66
09-15-2008, 05:54 AM

Thanks for the classy post. you don't have to worry though. You have a good team. They just need to get healthy up front and more in sync. Plus like clump said, at least you aren't a Dolphins fan. :rofl::negrep:

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 05:56 AM
<CENTER>Jax will come back hard this week vs. Indy</CENTER>

Who would of figure one of those teams would of been playing for their first wins in week 3??

JAX has a great team, see you later this year.

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2008, 08:39 AM
I appreciate the classy thread coming back to give us props. Jagfan90 is certainly a stand-up guy. :miyagi:

However I disagree with the knob polishing everyone is giving. I don't think the Jags will be fine this year. They looked like crap until they began to pound the ball at our tired defense. Mind you it was 100 degrees with high humidity at their home field, and they still looked that bad. Injuries can be blamed yes, but it does not mean they're not going to stay bad this season.

Don't mean to sound low-class but I don't see the Jags making the playoffs this year.

BuffRanger
09-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Tons of empty seats, and very quiet. No 12th man to deal with. So thankyou Jags fans!

TigerJ
09-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I think the Jags are a tough and talented team. It's unfortunate for them that the Jags have to face the Colts next week. The Colts have had a tough time of it with Manning coming off surgery, but they did manage a win in week two, and I think they are probably going to continue improving.

The Jaguars offensive line played better than Jaguars' fans had any right to expect given the turnover they've had on the interior. I think the team will get better and will get their wins this season. Miyagi's tossing of a wet blanket on the encouraging comments has some merit in that with a 16 game season, every loss is costly. If you have too many of them early in the season, you may run out of games to turn your season around later on. It's happened to Buffalo. The Jaguars were considered a playoff caliber eam before the season started, and that might have been an accurate assessment until the offensive line and WR injuries reduced the effectiveness of the offense. The Jaguars will probably have a playoff caliber team again when everyone is healthy, but that is not a guarantee that they can overcome the 0-2 start, particularly if they lose to the Colts next week.

madness
09-15-2008, 10:04 AM
IMO, your lack of success all comes down to a patchwork line. It changes everything from simple protections to the whole offensive scheme. You're TE's and backs obviously become less of weapons since more time has to be allotted to blocking.

We saw the exact same thing a couple years back when we had so-so players on the line and a rookie starting at RT. A lot of Bills fans thought he looked decent but never took into consideration all the changes in the protection scheme just to help him get winnable match ups. This was plainly evident upon his release the next season.

Once you get whatever guys can back and the new guys get more experience you should see that offense start to roll again.

clumping platelets
09-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Why would Flipper :negrep: me for telling the truth? :mad:

jagfan90
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, our team was solely based on the run to set up the pass. Since our offensive line can't make the holes they use to for the running backs. All of the 0-2 yard runs we have now without the homerun running attack forces the coach to pass the ball alot more and in return we get forced passes and inconsistent play at offense. Once the O-line fell, everything else was like a dominoe effect.

Oh, and you cant forget we haven't had a homerun hitting WR for 4 years (since Jimmy Smith) and we are still look for that reciever still...........

HAMMER
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
The Jags are suffering from all their injuries, they are still a very good team and will be back in the hunt. That being said, this loss may end up costing them a playoff spot.