PDA

View Full Version : "Nobody had a look of worry or concern in their eyes. We believe."

Philagape
09-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Edwards shows poise dealing with the heat
By Mark Gaughan - News Sports Reporter

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — There was a business-as-usual vibe when Trent Edwards stepped onto the field with eight minutes left in Sunday's game and the Buffalo Bills trailing the Jacksonville Jaguars, 16-10.

"There was a TV timeout, and Trent broke it down to us," said Bills center Melvin Fowler of his quarterback. "He said, "We know what we have to do. This is our time. Let's do it.'"

"Nobody had a look of worry or concern in their eyes," said receiver Josh Reed. "We believe."

Believe it, Buffalo fans. The Bills are 2-0 for the first time in five years after Sunday's come-from-behind, 20-16 victory over the Jaguars.
http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/439062.html

Philagape
09-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Listen to the story behind the big pass to Evans:

The big gainer to Evans came on a third-and-6 play from the Jaguars' 44. Evans ran a post-corner route, in which he faked a run to the deep middle of the field then cut back toward the left sideline. Because the route takes long to develop, the Bills used maximum protection, with tight end Robert Royal and running back Fred Jackson staying in the backfield to block.

"I was watching the film from last year's game down here in Jacksonville, and Lee ran a post-corner route on the safety that we missed him on," Edwards said. "The same situation happened again. It was kind of déja vù watching that same play develop before my eyes. It was a matter of staying in the pocket, staying comfortable and being accurate with the football. Lee Evans is a great route runner. It's my job to put the ball where it nees to be."

Romes
09-15-2008, 12:48 AM
"We know what we have to do. This is our time. Let's do it." :clap:

Meathead
09-15-2008, 03:17 AM
"We know what we have to do. This is our time. Let's do it." :clap:
i admit that sounds impressive after the fact, but what else is he gonna say - 'we know what we have to do, i just hope we can actually pull it off.' lmao. hes pretty much gotta say what he did, doesnt he?

Romes
09-15-2008, 03:27 AM
i admit that sounds impressive after the fact, but what else is he gonna say - 'we know what we have to do, i just hope we can actually pull it off.' lmao. hes pretty much gotta say what he did, doesnt he?

:chuckle: Yeah, pretty much.

I like "We know what we have to do, lets do it" though, short, sweet, to the point, and then they did it.

Granted its all fluffly feel good stuff but I like feel good stuff after we win. :D

Dujek
09-15-2008, 03:47 AM
One word of advice to Edwards, from that great sage Han Solo, "Don't get cocky kid."

ALL D
09-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Some teams can have that mentality and execute it...

This team is showing more resilentcy on a weekly basis...

Trent Edwards does not panic...

Sometimes when Losman went on the field, he looked visably shaken. Then he would make huge mental errors...

Trent and Co. are poised...

They are a winning machine in the making...

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 05:13 AM
The best thing about is that we ran a triple move pass play in that situation and we protected long enough to get what turned out to set up game winner.

Prior to that I was thinking that Gregg Williams had decided to try and take Lee Evans and Royal out of Trent's arsenal by scheme, so I thought for sure it was going to be an underneath route to a slot or RB.

Big. Big play.

feldspar
09-15-2008, 07:12 AM
One word of advice to Edwards, from that great sage Han Solo, "Don't get cocky kid."

First a Yoda reference by Losman, and now this...

May the Force be with you.