X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

No Lane Kiffin Next Week?

Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The job of Raiders coach Lane Kiffin has reportedly come under fire again from the one person who matters.

Now, Davis is preparing to fire Kiffin as soon as Monday, regardless of how the visiting Raiders performed Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Mercury News has reported, citing several front-office sources.

"You have to look at the history. History is what it is, that he doesn't keep people very long," Kiffin said Wednesday of Davis, two days after the Raiders lost their season opener 41-14 to the Denver Broncos in Oakland.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt anyone has been paying attention, but Kiffin has been criticizing Al Davis in the media.

What a dysfunctional franchise.
  • ALL D
    • Aug 2008

Re: No Lane Kiffin Next Week?

A win will keep him around probably until the Bills bash them!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

We could see an unprecedented situation where a team continues to play the season without a head coach.

I just don't see why anybody in his right mind would want that job working for Al Davis.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

There isn't anyone that's going to save the Raiders this weekend, Stroud wants to give pain.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

If Kiffin gets canned today, we'll be catching the Raiders at the absolute perfect time. Cross country trip, early game, new/no head coach. Yummy.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Al Davis is the Raider's biggest liability. The best coach in the world can't produce a quick enough turnaround. So, Davis keeps firing coaches, none of whom have a chance to completely install everyhing they want to do and get their players completely on board so they can start winning.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

If we don't execute our game plan, it doesn't matter who is coaching the Raiders.

The Raiders are an NFL team, with some good players. They could beat Buffalo easily if we look past them.
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                Al Davis is the Raider's biggest liability. The best coach in the world can't produce a quick enough turnaround. So, Davis keeps firing coaches, none of whom have a chance to completely install everyhing they want to do and get their players completely on board so they can start winning.
                ...and some Bills fans think Wilson is the league's worst owner.

Comment

Working...
                X