PDA

View Full Version : Props To Langston Walker

LifetimeBillsFan
09-15-2008, 06:35 AM
A lot of us here were not exactly sure what the Bills were getting when they signed Langston Walker before last season--I know I didn't.

But all Langston Walker has been since he has been with the Bills is solid and unselfish. And, in my opinion, he really deserves some credit for the way that he has played and what he has done, in moving from RT to LT and back, this season in the absence of Jason Peters and, then, to spell Peters in the Jacksonville heat.

Walker came to the Bills with the reputation for being a "turnstile" when he was with Oakland and he had a very solid season for the Bills last year. That, in and of itself, deserves some credit. But, what he has done this season so far really is impressive.

I don't know how many people can appreciate how difficult it can be to move from one side of the offensive line to the other, where everything that you do is basically a mirror image of what you normally do. It's not easy. But, of course, with practice it can be done. What is really a lot more difficult is what Walker did on Sunday, moving back and forth from right to left and back to the right side--not once, but repeatedly in the short span of time within a game. To do that without giving up a sack or making any really glaring mistakes is impressive.

Walker is a huge guy who doesn't possess the freakish athletic ability and nimble feet that Peters has. Yet he has done a good job of dealing with the quick, fast speed rushers that he has had to face on the left side of the line while standing in for Peters at left tackle this season.

I'm sure it wasn't easy for Walker to move out of his comfort-zone on the right side and step in for Peters this offseason. But, he did it for the good of the team when it was obvious that Kirk Chambers was overmatched on the left side.

As a fan, you have to like a player like that and I do. I just hope that some other Bills fans will also give him some props for what he has done since coming to the Bills. IMHO, he deserves it.

Dujek
09-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Walker did a good job once again on Sunday, the only time a tackle allowed themselves to get burned was when Peters let his man blow by him which resulted in the fumble by Edwards. I was really unsure about Walker when he signed, but last season he was solid, and he's showing the same consistency this year.

casdhf
09-15-2008, 07:24 AM
:bf1:

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Team player without a doubt.