PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade Edwards for?

BidsJr
09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
If you could trade Trent 1 for 1 any QB in the league who would it be?

I know my list would be very very short.

Maybe elder Manning or a healthy Brady. But they are both quite a bit older than TE.

Romo? He is a little punk, but he is good.

I really think we are in great shape at the QB position for quite a while.

EDS
09-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't want to trade him but I do think Jay Cutler is going to be one of the best QBs in the NFL very soon, if not already.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
I don't want to trade him but I do think Jay Cutler is going to be one of the best QBs in the NFL very soon, if not already.
he's looked great but don't go cannonizing him yet. Teams haven't had much to game plan against him.

EDS
09-15-2008, 08:19 AM
he's looked great but don't go cannonizing him yet. Teams haven't had much to game plan against him.

I am certaintly not cannonizing him but I do think he is the best of the young QBs in the league, based on performance to date.

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm as big of a homer as they come and I do believe Trent is very poised and smart and is on his way to be an awesome quarterback at a Montana-like level.

But Cutler is going to a stud in this league. He's got Dan Marino talent and has a better team around him than Marino did.

TigerJ
09-15-2008, 08:55 AM
I would not trade Edwards for another QB in the league. Brady and the elder manning are both closer to the end of their career than the beginning. Jay Cutler is, I understand, a diagnosed diabetic. While he is potentially a hall of fame QB when his career is said and done, he is also a health risk that I don't necessarily want to take on. Eli Manning is very good and young, but I don't know that he is better than Edwards.There are other good QBs. McNabb, Schaub etc. but none of them make me drool so much I forget what the Bills have in Edwards. Edwards is a QB who can make all the throws, has enough mobility to evade a pass rush and scramble in a pinch, very good ability to read defenses and make quick decisions, and as much poise as just about any QB you want to name. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Bills have more than just another bird.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Lets not jump the Gun here. Let Trent progress without throwing out MVP comparisons.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
At this point he reminds me of Pennington pre rotator cuff injury which is fine with me.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
I agree with TigerJ.

It's not so much that there are not other better QBs in the league right now,
but at this point, I think Edwards is the right guy for this system.

Time could tell a different story.....but I think we have a good think going with Trent.

There are very few guys on this team I would not trade away.

Trent, Marshawn, and Moorman. They are the heart of this team.

baalworship
09-15-2008, 09:10 AM
I'd take Roethlisberger, Peyton & Eli Manning, Brady(even injured!), and Romo.

There are some other QB's like Brees and McNabb that are better now but injury concerns would keep me away from a trade. Cutler has played great but I would have to see more on him because up to this point he has been put in a very favorable situation relative to other young QB's.

parrishlynchevans
09-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Edwards= Brady

baalworship
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Edwards= Brady

Edwards does look like a young Brady...when the weather is nice. I will be completely sold when I seem him whupping as# in the snow.

EDS
09-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Edwards= Brady

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

ALL D
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
For once, I am happy with what we have now...

I don't think about another Q.B.

Feels good, huh...

madness
09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Yes, there are no allegations or evidence that Edwards is getting defensive calls pumped into his helmet.

gr8slayer
09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Romo
Brady
Manning
Palmer
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Eli
McNabb
Brees
Cutler

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Romo
Brady
Manning
Palmer
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Eli
McNabb
Brees
Cutler

I generally agree with the list with the possible exceptions:

1. Palmer. He has not been the same since his injury. It could be the cesspool one calls the Bengals, but he has not looked good.
2. Rivers. I am not sold he is any better than Trent. He is solid, but nothing great.

I would trade for McNabb today, but not next year as he is likely to start sliding.

I would consider Garrard as well.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Amazing that nobody mentioned Brett Favre. I remember about 2 months ago a few posters wanted us to trade for Favre and sit Edwards down so he could have another year or two to learn behind Favre. By the end of the season, Favre will not even be able to hold Trent's jock.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I am certaintly not cannonizing him but I do think he is the best of the young QBs in the league, based on performance to date.

I think John Beck is up there.

:roflmao:

pintonick96
09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I know in my fantasy league I traded Vince Young FOR Trent Edwards, hahaa.

gr8slayer
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I generally agree with the list with the possible exceptions:

1. Palmer. He has not been the same since his injury. It could be the cesspool one calls the Bengals, but he has not looked good.
2. Rivers. I am not sold he is any better than Trent. He is solid, but nothing great.

I would trade for McNabb today, but not next year as he is likely to start sliding.

I would consider Garrard as well.
Palmer is a product of the team around him right now. That entire team is a complete fluster cluck; in my opinion (for what it's worth) Palmer is still a top five QB on just about any other team.

Rivers is obviously more polished than Edwards and with an arm like that it's hard not to be good. I also like his competitiveness, any QB who goes out looking to start crap with the defense is my kind of QB.

I agree about McNabb, but you've got to admit that when he's healthy he's a top-tier QB. You do have to wonder how long he'll be able to keep it up though.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 12:49 PM
At this point he reminds me of Pennington pre rotator cuff injury which is fine with me.

Honestly, Trent reminds me a lot of Bernie Kosar minus the funky arm angle throws.

Smart, intelligent guy who doesn't have all the physical tools but gets the job done and doesn't make many mistakes.

Lulls you to sleep with a lot of short underneath stuff and then bam big play downfield...like the 37 yarder to Evans on a huge 3rd and 6 conversion.

trapezeus
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I would not trade Edwards for another QB in the league. Brady and the elder manning are both closer to the end of their career than the beginning. Jay Cutler is, I understand, a diagnosed diabetic. While he is potentially a hall of fame QB when his career is said and done, he is also a health risk that I don't necessarily want to take on. Eli Manning is very good and young, but I don't know that he is better than Edwards.There are other good QBs. McNabb, Schaub etc. but none of them make me drool so much I forget what the Bills have in Edwards. Edwards is a QB who can make all the throws, has enough mobility to evade a pass rush and scramble in a pinch, very good ability to read defenses and make quick decisions, and as much poise as just about any QB you want to name. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The Bills have more than just another bird.

Diabetes is not really a health risk when treated. my wife has type 1 diabetes. you take your insulin on a regular basis through a shot or through a pump. You live a totally normal life and your life expectacy rivals that of people without such a condition.

The fact that Cutler played last year, undiagnosed, is amazing. it's worthy of high praise, an award, monetary compensation and gutsiest player ever known to man acknowledgement.

bledslow
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
LOL HOMERISM @it's ultimate finest..

Some might not pick brady/p.manning over trent??? good lord,there both in there early 30's.Qb's play at a high level well into there 30's(warner being the latest).

ppl,lay off the heroin,this is getting monster ******ed.
There's easily 10 qb's id take over him to qb a game today.

KIDS.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 01:55 PM
LOL HOMERISM @it's ultimate finest..

Some might not pick brady/p.manning over trent??? good lord,there both in there early 30's.Qb's play at a high level well into there 30's(warner being the latest).

ppl,lay off the heroin,this is getting monster ******ed.
There's easily 10 qb's id take over him to qb a game today.

KIDS.
kids and addicts know it's "they're"