PDA

View Full Version : My Play of the Game

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2008, 07:47 AM
has to be the long throw from Edwards to Evans that set up the TD throw.

Yes there are several defensive plays leading to and after the go-ahead TD and there are plays that run down the clock at the end. BUT, up to that point, I have my doubts. The time is winding down (5 minutes), one time out at hand and a long field waited ahead. To be honest, I was very confident with Trent leading that series, something I don't have in a Bills QB for a long, long time. But you just don't know when we'd get into the striking range and I even envisioned some 4th down plays and all the way to the very end of the game.

Once that pass was completed, I was 100% sure we are going to punch it in. When they reviewed Hardy's catch, I was saying to myself that even it was over turned, I feel we just have too much weapon at the hand right there: Lynch is as proven as they come to score there, and Edwards can really thread a needle by the way he's playing. So that play really changed the game from my perspective.

Actually I did have a little worry after Hardy's catch. I thought we may have left too much time to Garrard.

But then the Jags acted panicked, they came out threw the ball to WRs, forgeting all the good things they have done earlier in the game (screens, run outside of tackles, Garrard scrambling, etc.) and played right into our hands.

mybills
09-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I loved the Hardy TD, but my play of the game would be my boy's interception in the end zone. :bravo: TMac!

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Stroud gets half of the credit for the int.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 08:37 AM
my play of the game was the TD to HArdy.

Trent threw it where only Hardy could catch it. Hardy's first TD catch doesn't ge any better than that. It was clutch. The first kill is always the hardest. Now that he's had his first taste, it should get easier for him from here on end and it builds Trents confidence in Harvey.

BuffRanger
09-15-2008, 08:39 AM
My play of the game was Del Rio winning the toss and giving the Bills the ball to start. 7:00 minute TD drive in 87 degree heat is a hell of a way to help your defense.

Philagape
09-15-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm watching my recording, and on the Evans throw, the Jags' LDE almost got to Edwards, but he just calmly took a step up in the pocket to make the throw.
Big pocket presence there.

cocamide
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
My play of the game was when Edwards was able to take a knee at the end of the game.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
The Evans throw was huge and so was the Mcgee INT.

casdhf
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
As was Lindell's kick, Thurm.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
:hi5: agreed!

madness
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
My play of the game was Del Rio winning the toss and giving the Bills the ball to start. 7:00 minute TD drive in 87 degree heat is a hell of a way to help your defense.

That was bigger then most people realize and a statement to the rest of the league. The Bills defense got instant recognition and respect from week 1 and Del Rio thought it would have been better to face our O and keep the D off the field.

Somebody should have told him that this ain't the same old vanilla Fairchild offense anymore.

OpIv37
09-15-2008, 09:55 AM
The biggest play of the game was Lindell's FG. Moorman and Lindell saved a bad snap. Scobey's been on fire for Jax and they only would have had to move the ball 40 yards or so to give him a shot at the game-winning FG. That play was huge.

cocamide
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
The biggest play of the game was Lindell's FG. Moorman and Lindell saved a bad snap. Scobey's been on fire for Jax and they only would have had to move the ball 40 yards or so to give him a shot at the game-winning FG. That play was huge.

I agree. That was the first point at which I breathed a sigh of relief. After Hardy's touchdown, I figured we'd lose on another last second fieldgoal.

PromoTheRobot
09-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Play of the game: Lindell FG to make it 20-16. He misses it and it's a one-point game on a short field. That FG was HUGE. Lindell and Moorman are the two things Tom Donahoe did right.

PTR

mybills
09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
My play of the game was when Edwards was able to take a knee at the end of the game.
:chuckle: :up:

RockStar36
09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Several huge plays from yesterday.

The McGee pick was huge because it sent Jax into the lockerroom still down by 7. In a 4 point game that swing was a big one. Don't overlook that.

The pass to Evans was also big because it was third down and Edwards didn't hesitate to go deep and hit him right in stride.

The pass to Hardy was awesome, more on Hardy's part.