• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

People are scared of our offense

I really, truly feel that teams are beginning to respect our offense. This thought popped into my head after the Jags schooled us with the onsides kick.

My reasoning is this: Teams do not perform plays like that when they don't have any respect for the other team's Offense. If the Jags had any confidence they could stop us straight up, they would have just kicked it deep. The only other thing that may have caused them to do this would be their respect for our special teams returners, which is a pretty distinct possibility too. But still, when a playoff team like the Jags, albeit without a good portion of their o-line, is attempting gimmick plays against us then I feel that we have garnered some respect.

these are just my thoughts from that play, feel free to agree or disagree.

• don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: People are scared of our offense

I think the onsides kick was more due to a great opportunity to strike while the iron was hot. The Bills defense was tired after a long drive in some extreme temperatures. To put them on the field again could pay off in establishing the running game and run down Buffalo throats. It was a great call.
    I do think teams are respecting the Bills offense. I would not say they fear it but respect it.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

I disagree as well.
      In fact, the opposite point could be made.

The Jags saw the benefit of forcing the Bills to defend their offense on three consecutive series as being worth the risk of giving our offense extremely good starting position.

I wouldn't read too much into it, except that maybe the Bills are showing on film that they are backing up too quick because of their love of the returns.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Remember, in the Seattle game we had two ST scores. So in both games, the O only managed 20 points.

No one fears an offense that scores 20 points a game.

However, I would agree that other teams respect our offense. Unlike past years, they respect the pass so they don't put 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run. The O is good enough to keep them honest.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Its a bet early to say people fear us but I imagine as the season goes on this offense will get more aggressive and we could eventually become the type of offense that scares people. Its great to see Trent and Lee on the same page... going into this season I was concerened about them.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I think they were more worried about our ST.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

Way to look for something that isn't there. Everyone's scared of Roscoe Parrish on returns.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                I think they were more worried about our ST.

Took the words just out of my fingers.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bling
                  Way to look for something that isn't there. Everyone's scared of Roscoe Parrish on returns.
                  didnt know we put Roscoe deep on KR's now...

Comment

• Bling
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    didnt know we put Roscoe deep on KR's now...
                    Your point still sucks.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Bling
                      Your point still sucks.
                      in your dolphin opinion. I dont care whether anyone agrees, but I'd dare say they respect our offense. Maybe not from that play alone but they do.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Remember, in the Seattle game we had two ST scores. So in both games, the O only managed 20 points.

No one fears an offense that scores 20 points a game.

However, I would agree that other teams respect our offense. Unlike past years, they respect the pass so they don't put 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run. The O is good enough to keep them honest.
                        Yes, that's where I think we are too. I think it's fair to say that we have a competent and pretty consistent offense now. We're no longer one dimensional.

I still think we have to see a little more growth before we're actually a scary offense though. We need to a) run more consistently, and b) stretch the field a little better. The good news is that improve in either of these areas, and the other will likely improve too.

The good news is that I really think we can improve in both of those areas. And also, we're getting wins in the meantime.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by don137
                          I think the onsides kick was more due to a great opportunity to strike while the iron was hot. The Bills defense was tired after a long drive in some extreme temperatures. To put them on the field again could pay off in establishing the running game and run down Buffalo throats. It was a great call.
                          I do think teams are respecting the Bills offense. I would not say they fear it but respect it.
                          As was the opportunity to make the Bills re-kick a kickoff after we had a player go off-sides.

To bad it amounted to squat on the next return.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                            I really, truly feel that teams are beginning to respect our offense. This thought popped into my head after the Jags schooled us with the onsides kick.

My reasoning is this: Teams do not perform plays like that when they don't have any respect for the other team's Offense. If the Jags had any confidence they could stop us straight up, they would have just kicked it deep. The only other thing that may have caused them to do this would be their respect for our special teams returners, which is a pretty distinct possibility too. But still, when a playoff team like the Jags, albeit without a good portion of their o-line, is attempting gimmick plays against us then I feel that we have garnered some respect.

these are just my thoughts from that play, feel free to agree or disagree.
                            More likely is that it was 110 to 130 degrees on the field and they had just scored to take the lead on a rather long drive and thought that if they could get another seven they could put us away for good. However, the D proceeded to bend but not break and then we came back. It was smart on their behalf to go for the onside kick successfully because they knew the heat was melting our Defense (this allowed them to fully milk their homefield advantage) and if they had scored a TD and not a FG they would have completely demoralized our defense and been able to open the game up. Luckily the D held and we were able to march right back with a TD of our own.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

You should fear Aaron Rodgers, McNabb, and Cutler. Not Trent Edwards...

Yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X