PDA

View Full Version : The addition of Schonert bigger than many thought

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Most here said the offense would not improve and was doomed because of no additions(besides Hardy). Shonerts fresh approach, and Edwards continued maturity seem to be just what the offense needed. Of course we could use a great pass catching TE but there are not many of them out there.

Philagape
09-15-2008, 08:54 AM
I was skeptical of Turk because of his spotty job history, but he's found his calling. This is what he was born to do, not QB coaching.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Yep it seems to be his "calling" no pun intended. I hope they keep up with the solid gameplans.

I also see adjustments being made IN GAME which is also getting me excited. When they went down 16-10 they didn't panic.

BuffRanger
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Nah, it's not Schonert at all. The Losman folk can tell themselves that, try and make themselves feel better, but the difference is Edwards. Pure and Simple. Edwards is good, Losman was terrible. Whatever makes you feel better, but it's not Schonert.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Nah, it's not Schonert at all. The Losman folk can tell themselves that, try and make themselves feel better, but the difference is Edwards. Pure and Simple. Edwards is good, Losman was terrible. Whatever makes you feel better, but it's not Schonert.

What a dumb post.

Edwards sucked last year with Fairchild also. (0 tds on the road). I am firmly behind Edwards being better than Losman so I am not sure why you would even bring this nonsense up. To say that the gameplan and playcalling don't mean anything is idiotic.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-15-2008, 09:05 AM

Edwards would be struggling and we would likely be 1-1 if Fairchild was still the OC.

Can you remember a time when Fairchild helped us march 80+ yards down the field on an opening drive against a top flite defense?

I can't.

Edwards is executing very well, but lots of credit has to fall to Turk.
Smart gameplanning wins football games when you have the talent to execute.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Edwards would be struggling and we would likely be 1-1 if Fairchild was still the OC.

Can you remember a time when Fairchild helped us march 80+ yards down the field on an opening drive against a top flite defense?

I can't.

Edwards is executing very well, but lots of credit has to fall to Turk.
Smart gameplanning wins football games when you have the talent to execute.
Exactly...

BuffRanger
09-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Edwards sucked last year with Fairchild also.
No, he didn't. He looked great at times under Fairchild. He struggled other times. He was a rookie. Rookies struggle. Conversely, Losman sucked last year because Losman sucks. Nothing to do with Fairchild.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
No, he didn't. He looked great at times under Fairchild. He struggled other times. He was a rookie. Rookies struggle. Conversely, Losman sucked last year because Losman sucks. Nothing to do with Fairchild.
To say it had NOTHING to do with Fairchild is just plain WRONG... Again I am not saying Edwards has nothing to do with the offensive turnaround as he is just as important. Why are you arguing?

JJamezz
09-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Just ignore the troll.. pretty pathetic at this point for anybody to hijack a thread with the whole Edwards Losman crap.

If you can't see a difference in the way Schonert calls a game vs. Fairchild, then you either don't watch the games or are just trying to start s**t. My guess is the latter.

Historian
09-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I never worried about Turk.

He's a disciple of the Walsh tree, and the results show on the field.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Just ignore the troll.. pretty pathetic at this point for anybody to hijack a thread with the whole Edwards Losman crap.

If you can't see a difference in the way Schonert calls a game vs. Fairchild, then you either don't watch the games or are just trying to start s**t. My guess is the latter.
Point take and agreed.... Trolls... :shakeno:

Bill Brasky
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I also see adjustments being made IN GAME which is also getting me excited. When they went down 16-10 they didn't panic.

Unlike last year, when **if** an adjustment was made, it was in the wrong direction.

Last year, had we given up an onside kick, that would have been the game. Instead, this squad battles back and gets a win thanks to a gutsy throw and a ROOK coming down with a tough catch.

lordofgun
09-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I agree, although I did HATE the conservative play calling before halftime. We really should have gone for the jugular instead of playing it safe.

And again at the end of the game, we were too conservative, IMO. We clearly played for a FG, and if Lindell misses that, it's an almost guaranteed loss.

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 09:39 AM
True LOG but on a road game I can't blame them.

BuffRanger
09-15-2008, 09:44 AM

No reason to call me a troll, ****head.

The main difference between the two is Schonert has had a capable QB, and Fairchild had a terrible QB splitting time with a rookie QB.

bigbub2352
09-15-2008, 09:53 AM
i couldnt agree more, at first i was mad we didnt bring anyone in, but it also seemed smarter to promote from within. also the fact that he was a QB in this league for a long time makes him a notch better than any coach with no NFL playing exp, also the fact that he was the one soley working with TRENt, and also AVP being there doesnt hurt matter either

Turks play calling alone is reason to be excited

THATHURMANATOR
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
No reason to call me a troll, ****head.

The main difference between the two is Schonert has had a capable QB, and Fairchild had a terrible QB splitting time with a rookie QB.
Believe what you want but it is very clear the two OC's called the games much differently and had different philosophys...