Marcus Stroud-Biggest Defensive Acquisition Since Cornelius Bennett!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Marcus Stroud-Biggest Defensive Acquisition Since Cornelius Bennett!!!

There's no question that Stroud has improved this D-Line so much!!!
    Best acquistion in a very long time defensively. Who's with me?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: Marcus Stroud-Biggest Defensive Acquisition Since Cornelius Bennett!!!

I would vote Paup.

Comment

• blackonyx89
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by theanswer74
      I would vote Paup.
      Really? Paup was good, but he's not making a major impact like Stroud's
      doing. I do give Paup his props (credit).

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Paup and Spikes come to mind. Maybe Spielman too
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Stroud was major...though according to FTP, he's past his prime and a has-been. Can't wait to play the Fins so he can see for himself how much past his prime he really is...

Comment

• blackonyx89
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Stroud was major...though according to FTP, he's past his prime and a has-been. Can't wait to play the Fins so he can see for himself how much past his prime he really is...
            Whoever negged me it's my opinion, if you want to be immature about it,that's your issue not mine. Grow up! Talk about childish!

Comment

If he stays fit, he'll be a major factor.

Paup was a great pickup as was Speilman. Spikes was never in the same league.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy

This is for the moron who dissed me! I'm not the only one who thinks this was a great pickup!!!

Read it and weep!!! This is from the article above.

Safety Donte Whitner says he noticed that ferocity the first day of training camp. "Maybe when we made the trade, people thought, 'Oh, he's washed up,' " Whitner says. "Oh, no, no, no, no. He's dominating out there." Stroud says he can play better and, anyway, it was only one game. "It was rewarding, but it's early," he says. "I want to be a guy that is able to turn it on every week. I don't want to be that guy who has flashes." Stroud has a chance to be Buffalo's best defender to come by trade since linebacker Cornelius Bennett in 1987. The enormity of that suggestion doesn't faze him. "Well, I hope so, man," Stroud says. "I want to come up here and play well and be an impact player. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy

Spikes was a game-changing All-Pro LB with us, far ahead of any other OLB in the league. His career was destroyed by the injury.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Let's see how far Stroud takes us before we jump to conclusions, eh?

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Ted Washington made a huge impact for the Bills. I'd liken Stroud to him, especially since they're both DT's.

Comment

Working...
                      X