PDA

View Full Version : Our Corners Status

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2008, 10:58 AM
McGee:
10/28/2005: Signed a four-year, $18 million contract extension through 2009. The deal included a $5 million signing bonus. 2008: $2.75 million, 2009: $3 million, 2010: Free Agent

Greer:
2008: $700,000, 2009: Free Agent

Youboty:
7/27/2006: Signed a four-year, $2.5 million contract. 2008: $445,000, 2009: $530,000, 2010: Free Agent

I can see Greer leaving after this season because he may command more $$$ than the Bills are willing to give him, though he's a very good nickel if he's willing to take a nickel contract extension at age 26.

The way Youboty is playing, the Bills will look seriously extending him. He's only 24. But if he continues the way he is going, which is on a pro-ball path, he may ask for a lot. I mean A LOT.

McGee is a little tricky. He's 27 now. He's probably the most skilled CB the Bills have right now and he's their primary kickoff returner. So he's very important to the team. But considering his age and wear and tear he has so far, I don't know how long the Bills'd extend him. Regardless, he'd be the most expensive one to extend of the bunch.

Then there are McKelvin and Corner waiting on the wing. I figure we're going to see quite a bit of McKelvin late this season. How he develops could affect the situation considerably.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Clearly, we can get something via trade.

Unless this secondary comes unglued, we are not going to keep them all.

Devin
09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah McKelvin is likely being groomed to move into one spot, I am sure we will make a push to sign McGee and/or Youboty.

I agree though at least 1 is the odd man out.

Saratoga Slim
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I agree that either McGee or Greer is probably not here forever.

Let's not forget how good Reggie Corner looked in preseason. He gives us another possible nickel back option in the event either Greer or McGee leaves. McKelvin/Youboty/Corner + either McGee or Greer would still likely be a very good secondary.

Devin
09-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Hopefully he are able to get a corner who is big/tall enough to get on amusement park rides.

Coach Sal
09-15-2008, 11:35 AM
The way Youboty is playing, the Bills will look seriously extending him. He's only 24. But if he continues the way he is going, which is on a pro-ball path, he may ask for a lot. I mean A LOT.

A "Pro Bowl path?" !?!?!

Because he made some good open field tackles and recorded a sack?

I like the kid and he's really earned his spot this year, but let's not get carried away.

He's a nickle corner with a chance to start before his contract is up next season. He won't command a "ton" of money in that scenario.

RockStar36
09-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Youboty has seriously stepped up his game. He earned his way on to the roster during the pre-season and hasn't stopped yet. I'm really impressed with how he is playing so far.

Sportsuser101
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
In the 2 games I think Youboty has been our best player and even better then Stroud.

Michael82
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
A "Pro Bowl path?" !?!?!

Because he made some good open field tackles and recorded a sack?

I like the kid and he's really earned his spot this year, but let's not get carried away.

He's a nickle corner with a chance to start before his contract is up next season. He won't command a "ton" of money in that scenario.
pro-ball. :rofl:

Coach Sal
09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
pro-ball. :rofl:

Ha. I must've mis-read.

But still, people need to chill a bit on the Youboty-hype. He had a nice game. But there's a reason he plays the nickle position right now.

McGee has 2 picks this year. Greer has gotten his hands on several balls.

Let Ashton show he canmake plays on balls in the air and not just look really good filling against the run before we talk about paying him Nate Clements money.

(What the hell is a "pro-ball" path, anyway?!)

Michael82
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Ha. I must've mis-read.

But still, people need to chill a bit on the Youboty-hype. He had a nice game. But there's a reason he plays the nickle position right now.

McGee has 2 picks this year. Greer has gotten his hands on several balls.

Let Ashton show he canmake plays on balls in the air and not just look really good filling against the run before we talk about paying him Nate Clements money.

(What the hell is a "pro-ball" path, anyway?!)
I was wondering the same thing.....

yordad
09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Youboty for President!

Wait... never mind, you gotta be 35 yrs old.

Sportsuser101
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I honestly think Greer hasn't played that well. Seems like every catch I see a wideout getting Greer is the 1 getting beat. I like him but he's not a starting corner in my opinion. I would start Youboty put Greer at nickle and when the time is to come McKelvin should be starting with Youboty and McGee at nickle.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Not trying to look past the Raiders but our db's will be tested against the Cards with Boldin and Fitz. Warner is no slacker either.

eyedog
09-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I honestly think Greer hasn't played that well. Seems like every catch I see a wideout getting Greer is the 1 getting beat. I like him but he's not a starting corner in my opinion. I would start Youboty put Greer at nickle and when the time is to come McKelvin should be starting with Youboty and McGee at nickle.

I don't know about that. The Jags were obviously throwing at McGee yesterday.

Sportsuser101
09-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't know about that. The Jags were obviously throwing at McGee yesterday.

They went to Matt Jones alot when Greer was on him. And I remember the Williams catch over the middle Greer was on him. Even though it was a tough catch he also gave up the TD catch to Burleson.

yordad
09-15-2008, 08:05 PM
The longest pass we gave up vs the Jags went like 12 yards in the air. And like 18ish the week before.

=

pretty good

B-DON
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Greer is very under appreciated around. This guy has been nothing but great since being thrust into the line up last year.

Sportsuser101
09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Greer is very under appreciated around. This guy has been nothing but great since being thrust into the line up last year.

Talk about expanding the definition of great..

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, the bottom line is we have a few guys out there that have played well over the past 2 games.

Oaf
09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Honestly, with the way these three are playing thus far, I could care less about the future or the guys behind them. Extending Greer I hope is a priority. Quite the trio.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-16-2008, 02:14 AM
The Bills are currently second in the NFL in passes defensed (10th overall in pass defense). While some of those were ball deflected at the line of scrimmage, most were by the DBs, primarily the three corners. That should tell you something.