• Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Postion By Postion Breakdown

Now lets take a look at Position By Position Breakdown of the two teams

QB
    -Bills-Edwards-Seems to making smart decisions and solid throws when needed. Showed he could go down the filed and apply a game winning drive. And manage a blow out. That being said I love him...but the jury isn't completely convinced.

QB
    - Raiders-Russel- Big strong guy but still learning how to play in the NFL. Didn't do much against a terrible chiefs team and didn't do much in week 1 until the garbage time.

QB=Bills

RB- Bills
    -ML+FJ- A 1-2 punch with speed, power and catching ability. Showed how they can make plays and score touchdowns. Jackson looks great when he catches it in the flank. They could be a top two duo in the league by years end.

RB-Raiders
    -McFadden-Fargus- Now im not sure on fargus injury if hell play.? But McFadden showed last week why he was a top 5 pick. I'm glad the jets didn't snag him that's for sure. He could very well be a beast in this league. But its only been two weeks and he had one game.

RB=BILLS

WR-Bills
    -Evans, Reed,Parrish,Hardy.-Now You can say we don't have a solid #2still but we have 4 better then average #3 wide outs. Evans and Edwards are showing early signs of being on the same page. Yes they haven't had that big score we all want but many 20+ yard plays so far. Reed Parrish show to be great possession wide outs. With parish having the potential of breaking lose every time he touches the ball. And Hardy is just going to be a beast in the red zone. Its still to early to tell how he will do in between the 20s. But ill think you'll see more of him next week.

WR-Raiders
    -Miller(TE)Griffith And Lelie- Now I dont mean to sound like a homer. But the TE(Miller) is leading the team in rec. yards after two games.....with 58 yards.

WR=BILLS in a landslide.

Off. Line-Bills
    - They have been giving Edwards Solid time and not letting up big sacks. The one that caused the fumble was the only game changing sack thus far this season. Peters will HOPEFULLY get his fat you know what in shape and be able to play. They have been doing an OK job at creating holes for ML and FJ but could be better.

Off. Line-Raiders
    - Only 3 sacks thus far. Theyre doing a good job at protecting there young QB as well. Also they have gotten their RB 540 Yards on the ground. Should be a good Matchup for our stout DL.

OFF. LINE=RAIDERS

Def. Line-Bills
    - Stroud and Johnson have been a amazing. With Scholbel(sp) on the end and Kyle Williams in there. They have been getting constant pressure on QBs and completely shut down the "top Rb Duo" in the league last week for all but one drive.

Def. Line-Raiders
    -About the same for the rushing YPG/Against. They have not gotten as much pressure as they would like. 5 Sacks for. Still early to tell. It will be quite a test to control ML and FJ. They have yet to see a strong run game.

Def Backs-Bills
    Mc and Greer have looked like Pro Bowlers so far. Whitner and Ko have bee sure tackles and They seem to be working quite well together. It was nice to see Youbotuy live up to potential with a great game sunday.

Def Backs-Raiders
    -again i dont mean to sound like a homer...but he is OVERRATED. as I read other threads most everyone agrees. I loved him out of college but he has disappointed me since. However that other guy Nmadni asmough(sp) I think he is quite good. But he is stuck on a bad team. One guy will not be able to cover our 4 wide outs.

Def-Backs=BILLS

Misc Stuff.

Spec Teams=BILLS
    Coaching=well seeing how the bills are the only team whos going to have one...

and what i think is the biggest key to this game

CONFIDENCE=BILLS.

discuss.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Postion By Postion Breakdown

I'll call this right now, and I don't care if you say I'm jinxing us.

Bills 30 - Raiders 9

We shut down the run with our D-line, they have nothing.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Bills 30 - Raiders 9

Don't know about the score but yeah force Russell to throw and we win it's that simple.

Comment

• pintonick96
        You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
        • Aug 2005

That was a bit homerish because the Raiders have better RBs than us, and Im just saying statwise.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by pintonick96
          That was a bit homerish because the Raiders have better RBs than us, and Im just saying statwise.
          Yah that was a close one. But Mcfadden is so unproven. fargas got hurt last game. And they did play against the chiefs. Were also going to stack the box agasint russel.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by pintonick96
            Like I said, stack the box, shut down McFadden, and they're left with a guy who throws 5.5 yard/att averaging 117.5 yard/game with 53% completion. He sucks.

Plus I'm sure one-on-one our d-backs can cover their chump WRs Curry and Lelie.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              • Oct 2002

Like I said, stack the box, shut down McFadden, and they're left with a guy who throws 5.5 yard/att averaging 117.5 yard/game with 53% completion. He sucks.

Plus I'm sure one-on-one our d-backs can cover their chump WRs Curry and Lelie.
              Exactly...there wide rec. are very weak. and ruseel is raw.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Russell sure in the hell can't run so no need to worry there.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  Russell sure in the hell can't run so no need to worry there.
                  He can run as fast as any 300 pounder can.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Ha...lol

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Here's all that matters in this game...

If we get out on them early and put up a substantial lead 17 points or so...the Raiders don't have a prayer to win this one...JMarc is absolutely brutal from what I've seen of him and his stat lines. The receivers are decent and on par if not a tad better than what we have but they have no one to get them the ball.

If the game stays close, the raiders do have a chance as McFadden showed why he was so highly touted last week and even if Fargas is out...Michael Bush, also unproven, is very good.

Simply put the only way the Raiders have a chance in this game is basically if we shoot ourselves in the foot early.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                        • Oct 2002

Who would win in a foot race.

Russel Vs Stroud.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Bills 30 - Raiders 9

I'm gonna go with 27,13 bills
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                            Who would win in a foot race.

Russel Vs Stroud.
                            When Russel is a bleeding / trembling hunk of meat below Stroud's body, I think that question will be answered.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

The Raiders are so far overmatched it's sickening. If we aren't winning by 24 at the half, it's because of mercy alone. We are going to make them feel like they are in a timewarp, back to the playoff game in which we swamped them at our home 51-3.

It's really not even a fair matchup in any phase of the game. I think that our average starting postion is going to be the 50 yard or better, it's really going to be that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X